Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2010, 12:38 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by xuni4everx
that's awesome!
Thanks for your speedy respond.
Thanks for the kind words it is greatly appreciated

I would like to add that one of the other things I deeply respect about the Gold Passport Program is that redemption is painless.
Make your booking receive the email and forward it off to your friend, family member or colleague.
Some other programs require paper certificates and if more than one is staying in the room adds to layers of confusion when only one name is on a paper certificate.Typically its a seamless productive pleasure booking with Hyatt Gold Passport.

The good Hyatt reservation folks in Omaha are typically polite and helpful and above current industry standards of customer service.
In case you aren't aware Hyatt Gold Passport took home a number of well deserved awards this year at the first "Frequent Traveler Awards"
I will be posting about this significant accomplishment outside the Newbie Lounge.
Thank You for your support of Flyertalk and Hyatt Gold Passport ^
Cheers

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Nov 12, 2010 at 2:55 pm
Old Nov 12, 2010, 10:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, SPG Gold, National EC Executive, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by pshuang
In regards to selecting earning miles vs. points,....
Wow, thank you so much for all this information. I appreciate the time you took to write it and share all your insight. Thanks again!
Old Nov 16, 2010, 3:40 pm

travelzoo rates eligible stay?

I don't know if this was ever settled. Are travelzoo rates considered eligible stays or eligible for points?

thanks!
Old Nov 16, 2010, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by ck2003
I don't know if this was ever settled. Are travelzoo rates considered eligible stays or eligible for points?

thanks!
Our Ambassador Pleasure

Ineligible by the written terms and conditions/ rules
The rule was officially revised or finally enforced back in April of 2005 by Gold Passport.
Some stays depending on where they are booked(typically not at travelzoo.com) may earn stay credit and points.However the code word is MAY

It is something I would personally like to see Hyatt Gold Passport change
as it is an eligible rate in other popular programs for example like Marriott Rewards,Starwood Preferred Guest,Hilton HHonors and select others.Thanks for the question revisited it is greatly appreciated!~

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Nov 19, 2010 at 1:04 am
Old Nov 17, 2010, 9:18 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
Should I get points for the $$$ I spent on incidentals during an award stay?
Old Nov 17, 2010, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by Jumpgate
Should I get points for the $$$ I spent on incidentals during an award stay?
Absolutely!All part of the added fun
Especially if its a meal or pleasure that adds to the enjoyment of your stay
Just keep in mind that points may earned on eligible spending only.Some examples of eligible spending might be in room dining and restaurant charges,phone billed to the portfolio

Ineligible charges may be parking or other such non eligible charges.When in doubt feel free to post questions here or contact the good folks at Hyatt Gold Passport customer service
Cheers

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Nov 19, 2010 at 1:13 am
Old Nov 17, 2010, 9:53 am

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Absolutely!
Just keep in mind that points may earned on eligible spending only.
Some examples of eligible spending might be in room dining and restaurant charges,phone billed to the portfolio
Ineligible charges may be parking or other such non eligible charges.
When in doubt feel free to post here or contact the good folks at Hyatt Gold Passport customer service
Cheers
Other charges that are often ineligible for points are spa and tennis/golf club charges. Sometimes those facilities are operated by other businesses not affiliated with Hyatt and if that is the case the charges are not going to earn you any points.

Also remember to collect your diamond amenity (points or F&B) on your award stays.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 1:05 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, AT elite
I am a recent Hilton to Hyatt transplant. I am a Hilton Diamond and already a Hyatt Platinum after just a few weeks. Just wondering best ways to get bonus points and maximize my Hyatt stays. I'm signed up for the 10k pts/5 nights.

The thing I am not sure of, is the G1/G2/G3 bonuses I keep seeing. Can anyone clarify these for me? Also, other suggestions welcome!

I'm loving HP so far. Brought my PS3 hooked up to the 42" TV and using the free internet for some gaming but mostly Netflix :-D

Edit:
Also want to thank RichardInSF for the email format. Emailed the GM and a credit for parking was put on my cc. Thanks!!

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
The format for email is (I think) firstname.lastname [AT] hyatt.com .

Last edited by ngredler; Nov 18, 2010 at 11:46 am
Old Nov 17, 2010, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Originally Posted by todorovic
Other charges that are often ineligible for points are spa and tennis/golf club charges. Sometimes those facilities are operated by other businesses not affiliated with Hyatt and if that is the case the charges are not going to earn you any points...
In addition, I remember reading about a lease-operated restaurant on property that didn't award Gold Passport points - any examples, fellow ambassadors?
Old Nov 18, 2010, 3:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, AA 3MM EXP
Well I was thinking of moving my stays to Hyatt for 2011 and wanted to match my 7+ year Platinum status with SPG to Hyatt Diamond and they said no dice! They stopped doing status match last month? What's that about? I was looking forward to the Hyatt Properties but I'm not excited to earn status the hard way, since I was going to make a clean cut-over for next year. Maybe since the credit card they are being more stingy. Wasn't even offered Platinum (or whatever the 2nd tier is).
Old Nov 18, 2010, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
there has been some specutation on this in the new Tier Matching thread. In summary, many feel that this will return if others keep offering matches - but to know when is anybody's guess.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by gozetta
Well I was thinking of moving my stays to Hyatt for 2011 and wanted to match my 7+ year Platinum status with SPG to Hyatt Diamond and they said no dice! They stopped doing status match last month? What's that about? I was looking forward to the Hyatt Properties but I'm not excited to earn status the hard way, since I was going to make a clean cut-over for next year. Maybe since the credit card they are being more stingy. Wasn't even offered Platinum (or whatever the 2nd tier is).
Greetings
My pleasure to assist with your concerns.
Effective mid September Gold Passport decided to rescind elite status matches in favor of the newly introduced elite challenges.
This is the business model that American Airlines Advantage program and a number of other carriers and programs like Hilton HHonors adapted some years ago to create a greater level of fairness for all parties. How you view this favorably or not depends whose shoes you are in

For the top tier members
it means their hard earned status is being more deeply respected. For the hotel companies it creates a greater level of commitment, sincerity and engagement from the customer
Rather than just giving it away from your years of loyalty to another competing program.
There are costs associated with gifting away elite status in a program especially when there is no guarantee of a customer keeping their promise of being loyal and giving the company a return on their investment.

What I can say
is Hyatt is now arguably the best elite tier in a hotel loyalty program that exists. Its benefits in the full service properties are significant. I urge you to reconsider their new offer/proposition
Its pretty fair in my book and in my own experience there has never been a better time to be top tier status with Hyatt in my 20 years associated with staying in the hotels and being a Gold Passport member

Gold Passport Elite Challenges

Platinum status/temporary 6 nights within 60 days
Diamond VIP status/temporary 6 nights within 60 days (must fax proof of existing status)

When fulfilling the 6 night challenge within the 60 day requirement member/guest
will receive 1000 GP bonus points and elite status for one year

Thanks for voicing your experience
I am sure many of those in and out of the community will be interested in the changes if not previously posted elsewhere
Cheers

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Nov 19, 2010 at 12:57 am
Old Nov 18, 2010, 9:40 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

777 where did you hear of those challenge terms.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 10:53 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I definitely am going to have to use more boldface in my responses. Gives a much more distinguished look! These challenge terms are new to me as well, so it would be very useful to know more details, but maybe best to start a new thread about this because it will be of interest to everybody.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by peteropny
777 where did you hear of those challenge terms.
This was shared with me in conversation by Gold Passport directly however I do want to make it clear it did not come from management directly so should be reverified by whoever one speaks with in Gold Passport to be 100% certain.
I did not go follow my typical routine which is to ask for a supervisor or manager and double check
Please be aware that agent error can and does occur
So I end this disclaimer with this is/was my understanding!
Cheers 777GMH

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.