Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2010, 12:46 am

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
Hi all

Not a FT newbie, but somewhat newbie to Hyatt. Am Diamond (did the promo this year).

I need 3 nights in Orlando -Dec 3-6. Am thinking of the Hyatt Regency at the airport.

How do I know whether this hotel has a Regency club?

If it doesn't do I get comped free breakfast for all in the room or just me?

Would it be worth using a suite upgrade here? How does that work?
Old Nov 11, 2010, 3:55 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by Brituchenite
Hi all

Not a FT newbie, but somewhat newbie to Hyatt. Am Diamond (did the promo this year).

I need 3 nights in Orlando -Dec 3-6. Am thinking of the Hyatt Regency at the airport.

And everything that the Hyatt forum know will be here

Looking at the hotel website, under rooms, check if they have Club rooms; then look at the description for something like 'access to the Regency Club for cocktails and breakfast'. In this case, they have no club rooms so I think probably no lounge. But I'm sure that it will be mentioned in the review thread linked above.

All registered guests (normally up to 4 in US hotels).

Look in this thread for the skinny on Diamond suite upgrades...unfortunately the only comments there for Orlando are for the Grand Cypress. To use them, just call the Diamond line and ask, they will check with the hotel while you hold and come back with an answer straight away.

Enjoy !
Old Nov 11, 2010, 3:57 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Hi all

There is no Regency Club here, but they should offer free breakfast for all in the room so be sure to provide the full number traveling in your party.

I haven't stayed at the property so I am not sure about the type of suite that you would get with an upgrade. I am sure that others will be able to help with this.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by meducate
There is no Regency Club here, but they should offer free breakfast for all in the room so be sure to provide the full number traveling in your party.

I haven't stayed at the property so I am not sure about the type of suite that you would get with an upgrade. I am sure that others will be able to help with this.

Suite is usually a regular room with adjoining full dining room, full kitchen large tv and 2 couches, very spacious, with 2 additional balconies overviewing runway. Very nice hotel, with and excellent staff. Breakfast is fairly good with Diamonds given choice of buffet or ordering off menu. One of the better airport hotels. Check the Review page for more info.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 7:50 am

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
And everything that the Hyatt forum know will be here

Looking at the hotel website, under rooms, check if they have Club rooms; then look at the description for something like 'access to the Regency Club for cocktails and breakfast'. In this case, they have no club rooms so I think probably no lounge. But I'm sure that it will be mentioned in the review thread linked above.

All registered guests (normally up to 4 in US hotels).

Look in this thread for the skinny on Diamond suite upgrades...unfortunately the only comments there for Orlando are for the Grand Cypress. To use them, just call the Diamond line and ask, they will check with the hotel while you hold and come back with an answer straight away.

Enjoy !
Originally Posted by meducate

Originally Posted by tinnub
Suite is usually a regular room with adjoining full dining room, full kitchen large tv and 2 couches, very spacious, with 2 additional balconies overviewing runway. Very nice hotel, with and excellent staff. Breakfast is fairly good with Diamonds given choice of buffet or ordering off menu. One of the better airport hotels. Check the Review page for more info.

Thanks, all. Very helpful. And, thanks for being "nice" and not snippy like some other threads! I'm so glad to see "flame free" threads appearing on FT.

Now I need to figure out what to do with rooms!

I need two rooms at a minimum - parents flying into MCO from UK, arrive 3pm ish; me and hubby and 2 kids arrive at 10am.

Guess I'll get one room with two queens and another room. If I book both rooms, will I get diamond breakfast in both rooms or just main room?
Old Nov 11, 2010, 8:36 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I need two rooms at a minimum - parents flying into MCO from UK, arrive 3pm ish; me and hubby and 2 kids arrive at 10am.

Guess I'll get one room with two queens and another room. If I book both rooms, will I get diamond breakfast in both rooms or just main room?
According to the official T&Cs, you are entitled to diamond benefits for one room; however, in practice most properties will grant the diamond benefits for both rooms (I've only been denied at one property) - so its really up to the property and a YMMV issue.

The additional difficulty here is that there will be 6 of you totally - so you might be stuck with "free breakfast" for only 4 regardless. If the rate isn't much higher for one room for 4 (2 adults + 2 kids), make sure you book 1 room that way to maximize your chances at breakfast for all.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by peteropny
According to the official T&Cs, you are entitled to diamond benefits for one room; however, in practice most properties will grant the diamond benefits for both rooms (I've only been denied at one property) - so its really up to the property and a YMMV issue.

The additional difficulty here is that there will be 6 of you totally - so you might be stuck with "free breakfast" for only 4 regardless. If the rate isn't much higher for one room for 4 (2 adults + 2 kids), make sure you book 1 room that way to maximize your chances at breakfast for all.
Thanks! Now, if I could only get the Hyatt website to work ..... It's playing silly buggers at the moment.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 11:41 pm

"Ineligible Rates" through third-party booking?

I understand that reservations booked through some Internet sites (e.g., Priceline, Hotels.com) are considered ineligible rates and therefore do not earn stay credit or GP points. I had assumed that this was at least in part due to the fact that their rates were lower than the corresponding rates at Hyatt.com. However, after comparison shopping for some future stays, that is obviously not always true. So I have two questions regarding eligible rates and third-party booking:

1. The GP T&C defines "Ineligible Rates" as "...discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity)...", which seems to imply that any rate booked online other than at Hyatt.com is automatically an ineligible rate, even if it's the same as the Hyatt.com rate for an identical itinerary. Is this a correct interpretation?

2. If there are in fact third-party sites where one can book reservations that qualify as eligible rates, what are they? (I am specifically interested in knowing whether Kiwi Collection and/or Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection qualify.)

Thanks for any help.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 11:51 pm

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Originally Posted by lKTyS7UPY
I understand that reservations booked through some Internet sites (e.g., Priceline, Hotels.com) are considered ineligible rates and therefore do not earn stay credit or GP points. I had assumed that this was at least in part due to the fact that their rates were lower than the corresponding rates at Hyatt.com. However, after comparison shopping for some future stays, that is obviously not always true. So I have two questions regarding eligible rates and third-party booking:

1. The GP T&C defines "Ineligible Rates" as "...discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity)...", which seems to imply that any rate booked online other than at Hyatt.com is automatically an ineligible rate, even if it's the same as the Hyatt.com rate for an identical itinerary. Is this a correct interpretation?

2. If there are in fact third-party sites where one can book reservations that qualify as eligible rates, what are they? (I am specifically interested in knowing whether Kiwi Collection and/or Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection qualify.)

Thanks for any help.
Your reasoning in 1. is pretty much spot on. AFAIK, the only way to earn points with Hyatt is through hyatt.com, phone reservations or through individual hotels. The only exception to this that I know of is that I earn points when I book through my corporate booking site which leads me to believe that TA bookings are also eligible as long as they are not a discounted or special negotiated rate.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by todorovic
Your reasoning in 1. is pretty much spot on. AFAIK, the only way to earn points with Hyatt is through hyatt.com, phone reservations or through individual hotels. The only exception to this that I know of is that I earn points when I book through my corporate booking site which leads me to believe that TA bookings are also eligible as long as they are not a discounted or special negotiated rate.
Right, my corporate travel site's reservations qualify, too (tried with GP, SPG, and HHonors) and I think the reason for that is simply that hotel chains are very much interested in attracting business travelers, and their loyalty programs are THE way to accomplish that.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 1:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
is it possible to make a reservation using points for somebody else?
thanks
Old Nov 12, 2010, 2:24 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by xuni4everx
is it possible to make a reservation using points for somebody else?
thanks
My pleasure to assist @:-)
Absolutely
Simply call Hyatt Reservations and issue the award in the indivduals name of your preference
Old Nov 12, 2010, 3:32 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
that's awesome!
Thanks for your speedy respond.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 7:03 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Right, my corporate travel site's reservations qualify, too (tried with GP, SPG, and HHonors) and I think the reason for that is simply that hotel chains are very much interested in attracting business travelers, and their loyalty programs are THE way to accomplish that.
AMEX FHR (Fine Hotels & Resorts) bookings are "eligible" so the Visa Signature reservations may be also - but I do not know this for a fact.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by xuni4everx
that's awesome!
Thanks for your speedy respond.
Another one happy customer ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.