Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2015, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
That's a good question - I would think not since her GP number is the only one attached to the credit card account, AU don't have their GP account number attached anywhere. Plat benefits are essentially 0 anyways.
I was able to see in the offer details that AU are not given platinum status, so thank you for helping clear that up! On a related note, once we are married will I be able to make reservations/check-in with her GPP# if I have to travel on business, or does the actual account-holder have to be present?
Old Nov 25, 2015, 6:56 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by lgblackm
I was able to see in the offer details that AU are not given platinum status, so thank you for helping clear that up! On a related note, once we are married will I be able to make reservations/check-in with her GPP# if I have to travel on business, or does the actual account-holder have to be present?
Account holder should be present according to T&Cs. In your case probably not a good idea since most employers / clients would want to see your name on the folio for reimbursement. Why don't you get your own credit card, you'll also get the 2 free nights for signing up, Plat status for yourself without having to play games.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 3:45 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
If booking through a third party what is the usual policy or is it hotel specific in terms of benefits and can you earn points for incidentals?
Old Nov 26, 2015, 5:04 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
If booking through a third party what is the usual policy or is it hotel specific in terms of benefits and can you earn points for incidentals?
Policy is usual status benefits on all stays, even 3rd party/opaque. You can also earn points for incidentals. It's a great programme, with some great hotels (just not enough of them!)
Old Nov 26, 2015, 8:06 am

Programs: KF Silver (bye long-haul Y, not missed!)
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
Policy is usual status benefits on all stays, even 3rd party/opaque. You can also earn points for incidentals. It's a great programme, with some great hotels (just not enough of them!)
Hi Stewie Mac,

My research suggests:
1) Suite Upgrade Awards (SUAs) apply to BRG stays
2) SUAs do not apply to OTA stays
3) BRG does not apply to last-minute OTAs like Hotel Tonight that do not list the exact room type but leaves to the hotel to decide.
4) Usual status benefits apply to last-minute OTA stays, but any room booked less than 24 hours would be a bit of a question mark.

EDITED: I would be grateful if you could share some insight on these four findings of mine.

Last edited by ClementiTotoro; Nov 26, 2015 at 8:08 am Reason: Neglected to ask my question politely.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 8:55 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by ClementiTotoro
Hi Stewie Mac,

My research suggests:
3) BRG does not apply to last-minute OTAs like Hotel Tonight that do not list the exact room type but leaves to the hotel to decide.
4) Usual status benefits apply to last-minute OTA stays, but any room booked less than 24 hours would be a bit of a question mark.

EDITED: I would be grateful if you could share some insight on these four findings of mine.
I agree with all of those - I should have been clearer and said that suite upgrades cannot be used on OTA bookings, but are indeed fine on BRG bookings. I also agree that for close-in OTA bookings, you may/will have to ask at checkin for benefits to be extended (but that's more of a process thing than any attempt to deny the benefits).

and point 3 I'm leaving well alone - there's a whole long thread here about BRG and its application!
Old Nov 26, 2015, 9:05 am

Programs: KF Silver (bye long-haul Y, not missed!)
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
I agree with all of those - I should have been clearer and said that suite upgrades cannot be used on OTA bookings, but are indeed fine on BRG bookings. I also agree that for close-in OTA bookings, you may/will have to ask at checkin for benefits to be extended (but that's more of a process thing than any attempt to deny the benefits).

and point 3 I'm leaving well alone - there's a whole long thread here about BRG and its application!
Thank you Stewie Mac. Will mug up the BRG thread!
Old Nov 26, 2015, 10:41 pm

Programs: Diamond - Hilton +Hyatt
Hi guys,
I have suite upgrades expiring in Feb'16. I understand you have to use them or apply them to a booking by that date even if the stay is after the expiry date.

What happens when you postpone a stay, say I have an initial booking for April, I apply the suite upgrade but I postpone my stay or change it in some way, what happens to the suite upgrade?

Thanks
Old Nov 26, 2015, 10:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by jdaniel
What happens when you postpone a stay, say I have an initial booking for April, I apply the suite upgrade but I postpone my stay or change it in some way, what happens to the suite upgrade?
It goes poof! From the T&C:
In the event a Suite award is redeemed for stay dates beyond expiration date and reservation is cancelled after last day of February, the Suite award will be forfeited.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 12:49 am

Programs: Diamond - Hilton +Hyatt
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
It goes poof! From the T&C:
is cancelled the same as changed? haha
Old Nov 27, 2015, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Yes... you can't change the dates or the upgrades will go poof.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 3:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
I am new to Hyatt. My question is can you get stay any credits from credit cards or some other mechanism.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 9:23 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by nonesuch flyer
I am new to Hyatt. My question is can you get stay any credits from credit cards or some other mechanism.
You can indeed receive stay credit from the Chase Hyatt credit card:
https://www.chase.com/credit-cards/h...tt-earn-status

"Spend $20,000 and receive 2 stay credits and 5 night credits toward Diamond status.
Spend $40,000 and receive an additional 3 stay credits and 5 night credits toward Diamond status."
Old Nov 27, 2015, 10:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Originally Posted by SFOPhD
You can indeed receive stay credit from the Chase Hyatt credit card:
https://www.chase.com/credit-cards/h...tt-earn-status

"Spend $20,000 and receive 2 stay credits and 5 night credits toward Diamond status.
Spend $40,000 and receive an additional 3 stay credits and 5 night credits toward Diamond status."
Thanks for the information!
Old Nov 27, 2015, 10:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ClementiTotoro
Hi Stewie Mac,

My research suggests:

BTW, no need to make up acronyms (SUAs), just use DSU - Diamond Suite Upgrade. All of your research though is correct. For number 4, you always get Diamond benefits regardless of method of booking. If you have issues getting your benefits even on a last-minute stay, contact HGP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.