Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2015, 12:52 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, USairways, BA, United, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Plat , Marriott, Sixt Platinum
I read in the chase UR op that my gf can't xfer to my Hyatt account nor my UR account. However is there a way I can use her Hyatt account to book a hotel in my name? Or would she have to be there with me when I check in?
Old Oct 7, 2015, 1:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by queensgambit
I read in the chase UR op that my gf can't xfer to my Hyatt account nor my UR account. However is there a way I can use her Hyatt account to book a hotel in my name? Or would she have to be there with me when I check in?
I believe that there is a way to transfer points between Hyatt accounts. Though to what extent, I am not sure. However, yes she can book a room in your name. I'm not sure of the process. It may be as simple as booking it through her account and adding your name as the person staying. Otherwise, GP CS can do it.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by queensgambit
Your GF can't transfer UR to your Hyatt account, nor you to hers.

You can transfer hyatt points to another account, but you have to have activity in the last 12 months - a stay may be required and not just activity.

Or, whomever has the points can just gift a reservation to someone else.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 2:34 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Do someone get qualifying nights toward DIA or PLT status with points+cash option?
Originally Posted by Mary2e
Yes .
How about taxes and service charges: Do I still have to pay them or not? If yes is it going to be on the point+cash rate or the normal rate?
Old Oct 8, 2015, 6:42 am

You pay taxes on the cash part of P&C.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
How about taxes and service charges: Do I still have to pay them or not? If yes is it going to be on the point+cash rate or the normal rate?
Also note, you typically have to pay any resort fee, etc, in contrast to pure point redemptions.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 7:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ClarkGriswold
Also note, you typically have to pay any resort fee, etc, in contrast to pure point redemptions.
Does this always happen? Or does it vary by hotel?
Old Oct 8, 2015, 7:44 am

repost since no one answered in the last page: Is there any mechanism out there to turn AA or UA miles in to Hyatt points?

Yes, I googled, but don't know how up to date the info is I found and FTers are more sophisticated. You can PM if you like.

Thanks
Old Oct 8, 2015, 8:30 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by saaveraward
repost since no one answered in the last page: Is there any mechanism out there to turn AA or UA miles in to Hyatt points?

Yes, I googled, but don't know how up to date the info is I found and FTers are more sophisticated. You can PM if you like.

Thanks
Not that I know of - you can go the other way though.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by cdancer20
Does this always happen? Or does it vary by hotel?
I only have a few data points, but it's always been the case for me that they've charged it. Of course, sometimes they discount/comp the resort fee if you're a Diamond, but that's a separate matter. Best to call if it's a deciding factor of how to book.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by ClarkGriswold
This varies.

As a diamond, I had the resort fee waived in Waikiki and recieved a discount in Maui. I think it was a $5 discount, I'm not sure. Both were P&C bookings.

I've never paid the resort fee on a pure award stay at any resort I've been.

Unfortunately, the information is not published. The only way to find out is to contact the hotel. GP may not even know.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 7:45 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by saaveraward

Thanks
Originally Posted by peteropny
Not that I know of - you can go the other way though.
peteropny is correct, but note that at least with AA (not sure about UA), you can use miles to book hotels through their travel websites. Hyatt is often available. The redemption values vary, but it is an indirect option.

https://www.useaamiles.com/carhotel/
Old Oct 9, 2015, 1:39 pm

What is the cash and points rate at the PH Vendome?

Can we upgrade a points or C&P room? If so, what would be the cost?

We'd be going in February, if that matters?
Old Oct 9, 2015, 1:44 pm

$300 + 15k points per night.

You can upgrade the room with a DSU. Contact the hotel directly for the upgrade cost, as I believe it is variable. I don't think you can upgrade with points. In order to do so you would have to pay rack rate and use points, if it's available.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Mary2e
$300 + 15k points per night.

You can upgrade the room with a DSU. Contact the hotel directly for the upgrade cost, as I believe it is variable. I don't think you can upgrade with points. In order to do so you would have to pay rack rate and use points, if it's available.
It would be 30k points per night, so that values points at $0.02.

Alas, only platinum, so no DSUs.

We can't combine points from my and my wife's accounts, can we (I have about 110k, she has about 10k)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.