Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2015, 5:02 pm

What happens if you book back to back stays at the same hotel, then ask for the Diamond Amenity food item each time you check in?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 6:04 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by JunkDiver
What happens if you book back to back stays at the same hotel, then ask for the Diamond Amenity food item each time you check in?
They will turn you down.

Back to back stays (ie. checking-out and checking back in on the same day) are counted as the one stay for Gold Passport purposes.

I think this is a common approach across loyalty programs.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 12:31 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Great... another question trying to game the system. The hotel will see your back to back reservations and will consider it one stay (as are the GP rules). If you really value those extra 1000 points (or a free snack) that much break up your stay by going to a property in the same area.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
Great... another question trying to game the system. The hotel will see your back to back reservations and will consider it one stay (as are the GP rules). If you really value those extra 1000 points (or a free snack) that much break up your stay by going to a property in the same area.
Although I do understand that the question can be shady, there was no malicious intent at all. I found that my flight got cancelled after checking out. Made another reservation for the same day, and I really needed a drink.

I had chosen points for the real part of my stay, then chose the food option when I went back. If they take away the initial 1000, then so be it. Just curious what would happen.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 8:09 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Then I misunderstood and I apologize... so much questions lately about trying to maximize that it can be a bit annoying.

No chance in my opinion that your points are at risk. If you did a real checkout and a check-in for a new reservation it still won't count as two stays (since that's determined by GP) but the hotel most likely didn't even notice you had just left. And they decide on the amenity or points :-). It's rare for people that are gaming the system to actually checkout and need to move.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 6:32 pm

Do you get stay credit for Costco bookings?

If so, is there any other downside to booking through Costco If the rate is cheaper?
Can diamonds still apply DSUs to Costco booking?
Old Mar 6, 2015, 7:12 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by growlers
Do you get stay credit for Costco bookings?

If so, is there any other downside to booking through Costco If the rate is cheaper?
Can diamonds still apply DSUs to Costco booking?
Absolutely!
No downsides I'm aware of
Its typically a membership rate no different than AAA or AARP
Should be no issue applying a Diamond Suite Upgrade
Cheers
Old Mar 6, 2015, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Absolutely!
No downsides I'm aware of
Its typically a membership rate no different than AAA or AARP
Should be no issue applying a Diamond Suite Upgrade
Cheers
LOL
I had no idea until I saw it in one of those costco emails today, I feel like a dupe!
I just called and they changed three existing reservations I had to the costco rate and saved $200 total
I wonder how much I have wasted not doing this.......although had mostly been booking MER until they took it away anyway.
Thanks!
Old Mar 7, 2015, 8:38 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I'm wondering what the real Point-Pro's would do in this situation. A Hyatt where I stay often has a Regency club. I normally get there exactly at 6:30 am to have breakfast and head out to work. (Work is within walking distance.)

On a recent cold morning, the club was not open at 6:30 am. At 6:45 I phoned the front desk. They said the employee working the club was having a challenging time getting to work. They could not give me an ETA. I told them (nicely) that I would have breakfast in the restaurant AND that I would get the "DN" bonus for the club being closed. They seemed to agree. I had breakfast in the restaurant and arrived at work approx 20 minutes later than I prefer.

They billed me for the breakfast ... and I did not get the point bonus. I understand that the club did open up later (because my spouse did have breakfast later). However they were not open at the scheduled time and it was not practical for me to wait around (and the hotel couldn't give me an estimated time).

Does it seem fair for me to get comped breakfast in the restaurant AND the club-closed bonus points?
Old Mar 7, 2015, 8:56 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Not to me.... The points are for a closure during your whole stay, not opening half an hour late. Get them to comp you the breakfast charges in the restaurant and call it quits. An aplogy for delaying you would also be nice.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 9:44 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by RTW1
Not to me.... The points are for a closure during your whole stay, not opening half an hour late. Get them to comp you the breakfast charges in the restaurant and call it quits. An aplogy for delaying you would also be nice.
I agree completely. It'd be nice to get the extra points, and you can always ask... but as far as what I'd expect the hotel to do, RTW covered it.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 9:48 am
Formerly known as joannerose66

Programs: Gold BA Exec, Hyatt Globalist
How do you find the email address of a particular Hyatt hotel? I am struggling to find email address for specific Hyatt hotels on the website....

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
Old Mar 7, 2015, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
I'm wondering what the real Point-Pro's would do in this situation. A Hyatt where I stay often has a Regency club. I normally get there exactly at 6:30 am to have breakfast and head out to work. (Work is within walking distance.)

On a recent cold morning, the club was not open at 6:30 am. At 6:45 I phoned the front desk. They said the employee working the club was having a challenging time getting to work. They could not give me an ETA. I told them (nicely) that I would have breakfast in the restaurant AND that I would get the "DN" bonus for the club being closed. They seemed to agree. I had breakfast in the restaurant and arrived at work approx 20 minutes later than I prefer.

They billed me for the breakfast ... and I did not get the point bonus. I understand that the club did open up later (because my spouse did have breakfast later). However they were not open at the scheduled time and it was not practical for me to wait around (and the hotel couldn't give me an estimated time).

Does it seem fair for me to get comped breakfast in the restaurant AND the club-closed bonus points?
Seems very fair to me and I never dine at 6:30 AM
I would simply call the front office manager and remind them nicely of your conversation.
If that doesn't do the trick of gaining the refund and bonus points I would simply call Hyatt Gold Passport Guest Service and have them resolve the issue
Old Mar 7, 2015, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by joannerose66
How do you find the email address of a particular Hyatt hotel? I am struggling to find email address for specific Hyatt hotels on the website....

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
When all else fails just call the front desk and get it from them
Worldwide reservations may be able to assist as well
Old Mar 7, 2015, 5:17 pm

Programs: Delta, Southwest, Hyatt
So I know that for a room to be available on points there has to be standard room availability. What if the lowest room category of regency club rooms are available? I am guessing Hyatt doesn't have to make these available on points? (at the club level prices of course)

I ask because I am looking for a room at Hyatt Regency San Francisco April 14-16. No standard rooms are available, and thus none available on points. But "regency club city view" rooms are available for cash, but not points. I have seen this on other dates at this hotel as well. If I put in dates of April 18-20 Regency Club City View rooms (and standard rooms) are available for points, albeit the cash rates are much lower than through the week.

Thanks for your insight!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.