Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Old Jan 29, 2015, 1:18 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
Honestly - no. I would not include the mini-bar as an F&B outlet. I could see an argument about room service (in fact, I would strongly argue that room service should be included), but mini-bar? Who uses the minibar?
Originally Posted by SportsTech
I'm with Stewie on this one because F&B rates are intended to drive traffic to the hotel's food services. Mini-bar doesn't really count as food service; it's more of a complement to the convenience store/gift shop.
Fair call.

Thank you both. I'll cop the exclusion on the chin.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 2:50 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

These F+B credit offers tend to come with a lot of restrictions... so you always need to be wary. I have used them in Vegas and then you really need to check what's included and what's not.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by danger
If you booked this rate and then learnt on check-in that it does not include the mini-bar, would you feel a bit mislead?
Nope.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 7:02 am

Programs: LH SEN, DL Plat
discount code

using company (?) code 16700 I get 10% discount.

Rate Rules
Special negotiated rate. Not applicable to convention groups

In this case can check in agent ask for any further paper/proof that I am working for that company etc.?
Old Jan 30, 2015, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Yes they can. Which is why I always carry my employee ID when using my corporate code.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 8:11 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by Mary2e
Yes they can. Which is why I always carry my employee ID when using my corporate code.
.. however for US areas they never/rarely ask. I've literally not been asked about what company I work for in the last 4 years w/ 50++ stays/yr. International is obviously a very different story most certainly in asia.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 8:17 am

I've been asked for my AAA card, and some people using the IBM code were asked - in the US.

Keep in mind that some companies make additional amentities available to their employees on business and the company might be charged whenever the code is used. In my case, my rate includes breakfast and free internet. It doesn't matter any longer, but in the past, it did.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 8:26 am

Programs: LH SEN, DL Plat
Thank you! However for other special company/club rates the rate rules state that ID/card etc. is required. But here it isn't stated in rate rules...
Old Jan 30, 2015, 9:33 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by ben63
Thank you! However for other special company/club rates the rate rules state that ID/card etc. is required. But here it isn't stated in rate rules...
you're odds of being asked for an AAA or AARP card are VERY high... government rates as well. Companies, not so much IMHO and IMHExperience
Old Jan 30, 2015, 9:49 am

I have a conference in September at HR Huntington Beach. The company holding the conference has negotiated a better rate than normal obviously. Has anyone had any luck booking lower than the Hyatt Daily Rate and still upgrading to a suite with points? If so, did you call Hyatt directly to book the suite upgrade or was it done at the hotel?

Almost all of my stays at Hyatt are on points and I've never paid cash anywhere that I wanted to do a suite upgrade so I'm not sure what to do. I've thought about booking the Daily Rate and paying out of my pocket and using the points for the suite upgrade, but not sure it's worth that to me. Hopefully someone has had some experience so that I'll know what my options are.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 11:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by dshelbyjr
I have a conference in September at HR Huntington Beach. The company holding the conference has negotiated a better rate than normal obviously. Has anyone had any luck booking lower than the Hyatt Daily Rate and still upgrading to a suite with points? If so, did you call Hyatt directly to book the suite upgrade or was it done at the hotel?

Almost all of my stays at Hyatt are on points and I've never paid cash anywhere that I wanted to do a suite upgrade so I'm not sure what to do. I've thought about booking the Daily Rate and paying out of my pocket and using the points for the suite upgrade, but not sure it's worth that to me. Hopefully someone has had some experience so that I'll know what my options are.

Thanks in advance.

I was also told it was based on the HDR when I upgrade to suite with points.

The other option is book suite for 32K points/night.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by thucanhho
I was also told it was based on the HDR when I upgrade to suite with points.

The other option is book suite for 32K points/night.
Thanks for the reply. Booking a suite with points isn't really an option...at least not for the days my employer will be paying for. My only option may be to pay the HDR and I'd pay the difference between the HDR and the conference rate. I was just hoping someone had some luck getting a suite upgrade with points without paying the HDR as I'm not sure a suite is worth it for me to pay out of my own pocket.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 2:44 pm

The hotel may do it on their own, but customer service probably won't.

Keep in mind that hotels often block the suites during a conference for the organizers or executives. There just may not be any available.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by Mary2e
The hotel may do it on their own, but customer service probably won't.

Keep in mind that hotels often block the suites during a conference for the organizers or executives. There just may not be any available.
I believe you are probably correct in that most of the suites will be blocked off for the organizers/executives, but wanted to know if it was even worth the trouble of trying. At this point, probably not, but I may try to ask the hotel when I arrive like you suggest. I appreciate your reply.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 12:21 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by dshelbyjr
I was just hoping someone had some luck getting a suite upgrade with points without paying the HDR as I'm not sure a suite is worth it for me to pay out of my own pocket.
There is no luck involved here to be honest because paying the HDR is official policy for being able to upgrade with points:
http://www.hyatt.com/gp/en/awards/hyatt_upgrade.jsp
"When redeeming Regency Club® or Grand Club® upgrades or suite upgrades at a resort property, you must pay a minimum of the Hyatt Daily Rate deluxe room (such as partial ocean view, ocean view, slope view, etc). At non-resort properties you must pay a minimum of the Hyatt Daily Rate."

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.