Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2014, 11:44 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Changing rates is not the problem.... Changing after the validity of the DSU is.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 12:27 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
When did the free annual night perk of the Hyatt credit card appear on your Hyatt account? Immediately after paying the annual fee?
Old Nov 22, 2014, 6:12 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
I am staying at the Hyatt 48 Lex soon on an award stay and I received an email today regarding eUpgrade standby. I don't want to commit so early on, since if upgrade is available, I must pay to upgrade. What are my odds of being able to ask for an upgrade, or request to pay at check in for an upgrade (conditional on availability)?
Old Nov 22, 2014, 8:56 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by agp423
I am staying at the Hyatt 48 Lex soon on an award stay and I received an email today regarding eUpgrade standby. I don't want to commit so early on, since if upgrade is available, I must pay to upgrade. What are my odds of being able to ask for an upgrade, or request to pay at check in for an upgrade (conditional on availability)?
I never do them personally and typically prefer to chance it unless a special occasion
This hotel typically is cooperative and helpful and has a friendly management style
The GM worked for a well known SPG property and understands the importance of keeping guests happy.
The upgrades here are only slightly better than the normal small room
Typically that's an odd shaped suite or a corner room
Some Hyatt hotels have gotten so stingy with upgrades since the Diamond suite upgrade came out that occasionally the corner room is a nicer room
and wont cost you $$$ or a confirmable if a Diamond
I'm not sure if Platinum's are given the same courtesy but I wouldn't be surprised. I find the hotel typically overpriced or I would stay more often
Old Nov 23, 2014, 6:18 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Thanks for the info 777. I know the standard vs exec rooms are barely differentiable, but the presidential suite for $250 sounds very tempting...
Old Nov 24, 2014, 3:49 am

Is the AAA rate considered an eligible stay?
Old Nov 24, 2014, 5:33 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Yes it is. Normally everything you can book through the Hyatt website is (very few exceptions).
Old Nov 26, 2014, 1:42 am
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
1. When do inter-year stays credit? If I have a stay from Dec. 27 2014 to Jan. 2, 2015, which year will it count a stay credit for?

2. If I have the Hyatt CC, and I finish spending $40,000 in the last few days of December, and the statement is issued in the first few days of January, will I get the 3 stay credits, and will they be retroactive to 2014 since I finished the $40k spending in December?
Old Nov 26, 2014, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by EsquireFlyer
1. When do inter-year stays credit? If I have a stay from Dec. 27 2014 to Jan. 2, 2015, which year will it count a stay credit for?
If you want it to count for 2014, then you'll need to call and have it manually applied to the 14 year.

Originally Posted by EsquireFlyer
2. If I have the Hyatt CC, and I finish spending $40,000 in the last few days of December, and the statement is issued in the first few days of January, will I get the 3 stay credits, and will they be retroactive to 2014 since I finished the $40k spending in December?
It should apply for '14, but I'm not sure.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 5:29 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Hyatt platinum has a "dedicated check in" benefit but I never see a platinum check in line... Does that mean I can use diamond check in where there's no line for platinum?
Old Nov 26, 2014, 8:53 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by agp423
Hyatt platinum has a "dedicated check in" benefit but I never see a platinum check in line... Does that mean I can use diamond check in where there's no line for platinum?
What location are you referring to? I've never seen a line solely for Diamond, usually just Platinum/Diamond combined line.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 7:21 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by joecool1885
What location are you referring to? I've never seen a line solely for Diamond, usually just Platinum/Diamond combined line.
The combined line is usually indicated very subtly by a plexiglass sign - usually they aren't staffed either - this is one small area where Hyatt could improve.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 4:51 am
Accor Contributor Badge

I always thought that crystal plaque thing is for diamonds only and never bothered reading the words on it Thanks for letting me know!
Old Nov 29, 2014, 11:01 pm

Programs: SAS EBD, QR Platinumr, HH Gold, Intercont Platinum Ambassador,CC Gold
Hi, spenning xmas in MCT - need urgently status with Hyatt...
Old Dec 1, 2014, 10:19 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
Need GM Email at HR WAIKAKI

Does anyone have the email for the GM at HR Waikaki. I need to email a request to the GM there.

Last edited by martinplas; Dec 2, 2014 at 5:00 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.