Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2014, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by angatol
It's your current number of points truncated at a comma. i.e. the app retrieves your points as 112,567 and displays number of points as 112. aka a bug.
Thanks- I should have picked up on that.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 5:15 pm

Hyatt Regency DFW

Hi. I am staying at the Hyatt Regency at the Dallas Fort Worth airport this weekend. I understand it is adjacent to terminal C.

What is the best way to get there from Terminal E? Can I walk? I know there is a shuttle. What about the train between terminals. If I take it from E to C can I then walk to the hotel?

Many thanks in advance,

Last edited by peano; Oct 30, 2014 at 5:40 pm
Old Oct 30, 2014, 11:19 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by peano
Hi. I am staying at the Hyatt Regency at the Dallas Fort Worth airport this weekend. I understand it is adjacent to terminal C.

What is the best way to get there from Terminal E? Can I walk? I know there is a shuttle. What about the train between terminals. If I take it from E to C can I then walk to the hotel?

Many thanks in advance,
You can walk from C. It involves going through the parking area and stairs. Depending on the timing of the shuttle, walking can be faster, or it might not. The terminal train at DFW is super efficient.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 4:57 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
I recently tried to apply a diamond suite upgrade and was knocked back due to no availability. However the suite in question was available for booking on the website.

I thought from reading posts on this forum if it was available for booking it was available for upgrade - have I misinterpreted this?

I note that the suite doesn't show as an available booking under my rate (my elite) but does under all the other rates.

EDIT: Reread the FAQ and have seen that award inventory is capacity controlled.

Last edited by chad75; Nov 1, 2014 at 5:18 pm
Old Nov 2, 2014, 10:49 am

Programs: UA Platinum 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
24 hour cancellation policy -- what is 24 hours?

Sorry to ask such a basic question. Hyatt hotels often state that you can cancel without penalty 24 hours before your stay. Does this mean that I have until midnight local time the day before or is it sometime earlier (6pm or something)? How do I find out? Marriott and Starwood's policy is usually much clearer ("must cancel by 6pm hotel time day before to avoid penalty").

Thanks, Robert
Old Nov 2, 2014, 1:27 pm

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 12:34 am
Old Nov 2, 2014, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA Platinum 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by angatol
It should say in your confirmation email. Typical for me is:
"CANCELLATION POLICY: CANCEL BY 3PM PST 24 HOURS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL"
Mine says:

CANCELLATION POLICY:
CXL 24HRS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL TO AVOID 1NT PNLTY

I don't stay a lot in Hyatt's, but I think this is a fairly common message. I just don't know when the 24 hours start.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 2:04 pm

Last edited by angatol; Feb 28, 2015 at 5:44 pm
Old Nov 2, 2014, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
It's just one data point, but I had a "CXL 24HRS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL TO AVOID 1NT PNLTY " that I was able to cancel at 10:40 pm the night before. The phone agent said something along the lines of "it's supposed to be 6pm but really it's midnight".
Old Nov 2, 2014, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SFOPhD
You can walk from C. It involves going through the parking area and stairs. Depending on the timing of the shuttle, walking can be faster, or it might not. The terminal train at DFW is super efficient.
Walking from Terminal C is about minutes. Easy with 1 carryon. With lots of bags it might be more of a hike as it involves going up/down a few stairs.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 6:55 am

Lounge and breakfast for 3 rooms

I booking three rooms with a Hyatt resort I stayed with recently as DIA. I had a suite and had access to lounge and breakfast for 2 adults and three childern (2 yr, 4 yr and 6yr) during my stay.

Now I plan to book three rooms; 2 rooms with 2 adults and 1 room for the three kids.

- At what age do childern get counted against the 4 people as specificied in the T&C's on hyatt?
- If I use a DSA for one room (not the room I will stay in) will that gurantee everyone will get the free lounge and breakfast?
- If I use two DSA for both of the rooms the adults are in will that gurantee everyone will get free lounge and breakfast?
Old Nov 3, 2014, 7:39 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

The age of a child depends on what country you will be staying in. In the US the age is under 18. Tier benefits such a breakfast only applies to the room that the diamond member physically occupies.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 4:23 pm

Thank goodness for this! OK, so I have a few questions:
- Anybody know any alt hotels in Macau aside from GH Macau in Venetian that I could get with points? GH there is completely booked for the Pacquiao fight that weekend. I'd appreciate the help.
- What is the reason people are doing cash and points? How do you go about doing it this way? Is it worth to do when diamond status (I believe) cannot be attained as of 10/31/14? I am totally lost with this.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 5:06 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
The age of a child depends on what country you will be staying in. In the US the age is under 18. Tier benefits such a breakfast only applies to the room that the diamond member physically occupies.
Originally Posted by kmcbrid2
I booking three rooms with a Hyatt resort I stayed with recently as DIA. I had a suite and had access to lounge and breakfast for 2 adults and three childern (2 yr, 4 yr and 6yr) during my stay.

Now I plan to book three rooms; 2 rooms with 2 adults and 1 room for the three kids.

- At what age do childern get counted against the 4 people as specificied in the T&C's on hyatt?
- If I use a DSA for one room (not the room I will stay in) will that gurantee everyone will get the free lounge and breakfast?
- If I use two DSA for both of the rooms the adults are in will that gurantee everyone will get free lounge and breakfast?
Technically GPconcierge is correct that only one room is entitled to Diamond perks but in practice most properties will grant the perks to a second room. You do not specify which property you are looking at but whether or not a suite entitles you to club access depends on the property (generally domestic US resorts do not grant club access simply because you're in a suite - so YMMV on this issue).

Originally Posted by ajandraschell
Thank goodness for this! OK, so I have a few questions:
- Anybody know any alt hotels in Macau aside from GH Macau in Venetian that I could get with points? GH there is completely booked for the Pacquiao fight that weekend. I'd appreciate the help.
- What is the reason people are doing cash and points? How do you go about doing it this way? Is it worth to do when diamond status (I believe) cannot be attained as of 10/31/14? I am totally lost with this.
Can't help with Macau but on Points and Cash - for some properties at some times, redemption is at a really good rate (for example last month I did P&C at Andaz Amsterdam where each night was 92 euros and 10,000 points compared to the all cash rate of 392 euros - so the 10,000 points indicated a value of 300 euros (ignoring points earned for the higher rate) - works out to about 3.9 cents per point which is a great value since most people value Hyatt points at about 2 cents each. Unfortunately for now you have to contact Hyatt reservations to book these rates if available (properties may freely opt out of this rate program), you can't do it online until later in 2015.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 6:03 pm

Can't help with Macau but on Points and Cash - for some properties at some times, redemption is at a really good rate (for example last month I did P&C at Andaz Amsterdam where each night was 92 euros and 10,000 points compared to the all cash rate of 392 euros - so the 10,000 points indicated a value of 300 euros (ignoring points earned for the higher rate) - works out to about 3.9 cents per point which is a great value since most people value Hyatt points at about 2 cents each. Unfortunately for now you have to contact Hyatt reservations to book these rates if available (properties may freely opt out of this rate program), you can't do it online until later in 2015.
Yah, I called CS to find out if there was an option to do so. They had sold out of all the rooms wherein they were willing to take points. On the bright side, I found Sheraton for 10k SPG/night, but no points and cash option. I wonder though if you could utilize the P&C option if you call in. Do you know? After this, I'd have diminished my SPG stock, so would you mind pointing me to the right thread wherein I could effectively MS for SPG points??? Thanks again.

Last edited by peteropny; Nov 4, 2014 at 7:29 pm Reason: Fixed quote

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.