Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2014, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
You get Platinum status if you hold the Chase Hyatt Visa - comes with the card - there is an annual fee but you also get 2 free nights (award) when you meet the minimum spend (I think it is $1,000 currently). Also, if you keep the card, you get 1 free night in category 1-4 annually (not a spectacular property but some relatively decent ones - that basically offsets the annual fee of $95).
Is the free night certificate that's issued on the anniversary date in hard copy sent via snail mail, or a code through e-mail, or redeemed some other way? My wife has had the card for nearly two years and we haven't seen anything show up.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 7:27 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by silentbob1974
Is the free night certificate that's issued on the anniversary date in hard copy sent via snail mail, or a code through e-mail, or redeemed some other way? My wife has had the card for nearly two years and we haven't seen anything show up.
It's electronic and shows up in your account under "your awards"- To redeem you can either do it online or just call Hyatt reservations and tell them you want to use the award - should come out of the same inventory as regular awards (base entry room must be available for revenue - not applicable if it's under an elite member force of availability).
Old Aug 20, 2014, 8:52 pm

Quick question on "eligible stay". Suppose I'm booked one hotel for two nights, and then on the second night I also book a room at a second hotel. Does this count as two stays? I realize that it probably only counts as two nights (rather than three)
Old Aug 21, 2014, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by peteropny
It's electronic and shows up in your account under "your awards"- To redeem you can either do it online or just call Hyatt reservations and tell them you want to use the award - should come out of the same inventory as regular awards (base entry room must be available for revenue - not applicable if it's under an elite member force of availability).
Ah, I see it now. Thanks!
Old Aug 21, 2014, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by ruahamore
Quick question on "eligible stay". Suppose I'm booked one hotel for two nights, and then on the second night I also book a room at a second hotel. Does this count as two stays? I realize that it probably only counts as two nights (rather than three)
Generally speaking, you can only get credit for one stay/night at a time. It may work, but it's not guaranteed.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 8:36 am

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
I'm trying to get 4 nights around New Years eve in HK, so I'll need to book soon. I'm Hyatt newbie. Can you please verify my plan is OK?

Apply for credit card.
Book the 2 free nights standard room once I get them.
Book 2 cash & point room now.
Apply the suite upgrade for the 2 C&P rooms once I get the certs.

Then I'll have 2 nights in standard room and 2 in suites (if available). And because I'll be Diamond during challenge, I'll be able to access the club floor/ free breakfast for all 4 nights. Am I right?

Also, can I check availability of C&P online? I have to transfer UR points to Hyatt before I can call to book.

TIA.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 10:35 am

It is not likely it will work. In order to use free nights there needs to be a standard room available.

I would call customer service to verify that something is available for the free nights and also book the C&P if its available

You can pretty much forget about a suite upgrade as they're very hard to get and probably impossible on NYE.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Mary2e
It is not likely it will work. In order to use free nights there needs to be a standard room available.

I would call customer service to verify that something is available for the free nights and also book the C&P if its available

You can pretty much forget about a suite upgrade as they're very hard to get and probably impossible on NYE.
But will I still have access to the club, even when there is no free standard or C&P rooms on the club level?
Old Aug 21, 2014, 12:13 pm

Under most situations, as a diamond, you will have access to the club. If they are extremely busy they may not give it to you. They may also not upgrade your room.

In general, on holidays such as NYE, don't count on getting diamond benefits and be surprised if you do.

I don't even try to use my benefits any time that week. If I want something I just pay for it.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 1:02 pm

Under most situations, as a diamond, you will have access to the club. If they are extremely busy they may not give it to you. They may also not upgrade your room.

In general, on holidays such as NYE, don't count on getting diamond benefits and be surprised if you do.

I don't even try to use my benefits any time that week. If I want something I just pay for it.
Mary2e is correct. I have stayed at Hyatts a few times, even on the Regency Club floor as a Diamond, and have been denied club access. This was because of major events/conferences taking over the club during my stay. If you really want or need club access during NYE, I would highly recommend paying for it. There is a good chance you will not be given access during that time.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 2:18 pm

Thanks.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 3:14 pm

Programs: MR LTP, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold

I didn't realize that all the diamond benefits of club access or breakfast or whatever were optional. (I know late checkout and upgrade is based on availability)
Old Aug 21, 2014, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by texdoc
I didn't realize that all the diamond benefits of club access or breakfast or whatever were optional. (I know late checkout and upgrade is based on availability)
Technically a Diamond should still receive a complementary breakfast, even if denied lounge access.

Per the HGP T/Cs
:

Receive exclusive access to the Regency Club or Grand Club lounge featuring complimentary continental breakfast and evening hors d’oeuvres2. Enjoy daily complimentary full breakfast in hotels without a club lounge3
2 During periods of high demand access to the Regency Club or Grand Club lounge may not be available; therefore Diamond members will receive 2,500 bonus points per stay plus daily complimentary full breakfast inclusive of one entrée (or standard breakfast buffet), juice and coffee (tax, gratuity and service charges included) for each registered guest in the room, maximum four (4) people.

3 Daily complimentary full breakfast inclusive of one entrée (or standard breakfast buffet), juice and coffee (tax, gratuity and service charges included) will be provided to the member and each registered guest in the room, maximum four (4) people. For stays at Hyatt Regency Bethesda, daily continental breakfast (tax and gratuity included) will be provided to the member and each guest registered in the room, maximum four (4) people. Breakfast is not valid for in-room dining. Benefit not valid when staying at Hyatt Place properties, Hyatt House properties, or Hyatt Residence Club resorts.

Last edited by bdemaria; Aug 21, 2014 at 5:37 pm
Old Aug 21, 2014, 6:26 pm

I am a Hyatt newbie, and want to make sure that the following plan will work...

1) Book a 2 night stay at they Hyatt Zilara Cancun from 2/14-2/16 in a Zilara Junior Sweet (this is their standard room)

2) Sign up for the Chase Hyatt Credit card

3) Once I earn the 2 free nights, apply them to the 2/14-2/16 reservation.

I want to reserve the rooms as soon as possible, as they may fill up for Valentines Day weekend. I also want to book my flight as soon as possible, but don't want to find out that I cannot use my rewards nights after booking a non-refundable flight.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 1:13 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by texdoc
They are not... you will always get a free breakfast. If a club is not available then it will simply be in the restaurant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.