Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2010, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Please see this post for GP Concierge's official answer regarding the 12/31 -> 1/1 stay question:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/15453986-post8.html
Old Dec 29, 2010, 11:08 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

2 is a sure thing - 1 will work but will have to be adjusted manually - 3 & 4 won't work unless they do some unannounced promotion. The 2 month "tag" period is so they can get the new membership materials out not a grace period - same thing as the airlines.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 4:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, SPG Gold, National EC Executive, AA Platinum
Guranteed Bed Type and Suite Upgrade Question

Dear fellow Hyatt members:

We are booked for two nights starting NYE at a local Hyatt. I am using a diamond suite upgrade and requested the "kids suite" (kids room with bunk beds and tv). The kids suite is not available on NYE but they have one available for the next night. My questions are:

1. Should I save my diamond suite upgrade and just take my chances of getting upgraded to the kids suite on the second night, especially since it is not available the first night anyway?

2. Am I entitled to the 5000 points bed guarantee?

Any advice? Thanks and Happpy New Year!
Old Dec 30, 2010, 7:44 pm

Programs: WN A-List, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound

Gold Passport Elite Challenges

Platinum status/temporary 6 nights within 60 days
Diamond VIP status/temporary 6 nights within 60 days (must fax proof of existing status)

When fulfilling the 6 night challenge within the 60 day requirement member/guest
will receive 1000 GP bonus points and elite status for one year

Thanks for voicing your experience
I am sure many of those in and out of the community will be interested in the changes if not previously posted elsewhere
Cheers
I really appreciate all the information here. Could you please expand on this? I can't find information on the challenges anywhere.

Thanks.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 7:47 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Originally Posted by ACEDAD
I really appreciate all the information here. Could you please expand on this? I can't find information on the challenges anywhere.

Thanks.
you will have to speak with a GP representative to be offered/enrolled in a challenge. It helps if you have elite status in a competing program and existing reservations already in place.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 8:38 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by poptarts
Dear fellow Hyatt members:

We are booked for two nights starting NYE at a local Hyatt. I am using a diamond suite upgrade and requested the "kids suite" (kids room with bunk beds and tv). The kids suite is not available on NYE but they have one available for the next night. My questions are:

1. Should I save my diamond suite upgrade and just take my chances of getting upgraded to the kids suite on the second night, especially since it is not available the first night anyway?

2. Am I entitled to the 5000 points bed guarantee?

Any advice? Thanks and Happpy New Year!
It is difficult to answer your first question...is it worth it to YOU to be guaranteed (vs a chance) the room for one night? Is this your last upgrade? Can you use it elsewhere? Will it make your trip better for your family? There are many FT'ers would would say use it.....and an equal number who think it would be a waste...only you and your family know the answer for certain!

With regards to the bed guarantee...that only comes into play if you book a certain bed type, and then receive a different one upon arrival. Since you cannot book the suite, you are not entitled.

Hope you have a wonderful trip!
Old Dec 30, 2010, 9:20 pm

Programs: WN A-List, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by etsmyers
you will have to speak with a GP representative to be offered/enrolled in a challenge. It helps if you have elite status in a competing program and existing reservations already in place.
Thanks.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 1:31 am

G2 offer combined with shopping package

Hi,

Can the G2 bonus points offer be combined with a shopping package?

I looked at the "special offers" page at the Hyatt in Bellevue Washington, and noted that they had a 2000 bonus points offer. When I clicked on the "reserve" button I was forwarded to the reservation page with G2 filled out in the special offer code. When I set the dates for my visit, the option came up to book a shopping package room:

"Shop & Stay Package
Offer Code: G2"

I didn't receive any points, bonus or otherwise, for my stay. After ten days I filled in the online request for past stay, and noted that I booked the G2 and shopping package. I was credited with points for my overnight stay, but not the G2 2000 bonus points.

Am I entitled to the bonus points? I booked a G2 shopping package for this coming weekend as well, and I notice that under "my reservations" my shopping package is listed, but not my G2.

Thanks,
Greg
Old Dec 31, 2010, 2:05 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
it appears that every "package" offer for next weekend includes G2....so based on the website, you are entitled for that stay.

assuming this were the case for the previous stay, you would also be entitled.

the way the bonus/specials are listed is rather confusing, so perhaps CS jut missed it - I would file a 2nd claim or send a PM to the GP Concierge here at FT.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 2:14 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by semiarid
Hi,

Can the G2 bonus points offer be combined with a shopping package?

I looked at the "special offers" page at the Hyatt in Bellevue Washington, and noted that they had a 2000 bonus points offer. When I clicked on the "reserve" button I was forwarded to the reservation page with G2 filled out in the special offer code. When I set the dates for my visit, the option came up to book a shopping package room:

"Shop & Stay Package
Offer Code: G2"

I didn't receive any points, bonus or otherwise, for my stay. After ten days I filled in the online request for past stay, and noted that I booked the G2 and shopping package. I was credited with points for my overnight stay, but not the G2 2000 bonus points.

Am I entitled to the bonus points? I booked a G2 shopping package for this coming weekend as well, and I notice that under "my reservations" my shopping package is listed, but not my G2.

Thanks,
Greg
Greetings and Welcome to Flyertalk ^ Its our Ambassdaor pleasure to assist

There are bumps in the road with Gold Passport as there are in most programs.
Its of my long term experience that you should be entitled to both based on my understanding of your booking/promotional situation.

The reason for this IMO is that they are are not two G bonuses but two independent bonuses.One bonus is tied to a rate and package and the other is related to the standard one bonus per stay when choosing points for your stay.I say give the good folks at Gold Passport a call and see if they can help.If an agent can't(sometimes there could be a confused agent or one in training) don't hesitate to speak with a supervisor.I'm a huge fan of a number of them there in Omaha and their long time hands on experience will typically make things right.
If you run into a problem after contacting Gold Passport kindly email me and I will happy to take it up the chain of command to someone at Gold Passport who can set the record straight.

A Great New Year to you We hope to see you as a regular here on Flyertalk where we welcome your future questions and contributions to our long time community
Cheers
Old Dec 31, 2010, 4:36 am

Programs: some blue some silver some gold
Hi

Apologies if this has been asked before - between me and my partner we are c1000 points short of an award.

Is there anyway of collecting these miles (in UK) without staying at a Hyatt? We would do a cheap Hyatt stay somewhere, but there are no cheap Hyatts around here...

I note from the Hyatt website we can purchase points - are we allowed to do this as well as combine points for an award?

Thanks in advance
Old Dec 31, 2010, 7:04 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by dhoward
Hi

Apologies if this has been asked before - between me and my partner we are c1000 points short of an award.

Is there anyway of collecting these miles (in UK) without staying at a Hyatt?
Car rental, (Sixt, Avis, IIRC) but only 300 pts per go, and they take ages to credit..EDIT to add: Sixt are doing double miles, so 600, at the moment.

We would do a cheap Hyatt stay somewhere, but there are no cheap Hyatts around here...
Brum was quite cheap in the Xmas-NY quiet season last year, but you're right, it's all relative, even that was >$180.

I note from the Hyatt website we can purchase points - are we allowed to do this as well as combine points for an award?
I think so [certainly looking on gold passport there doesn't seem to be any link between buying and transferring]. Probably best to give GP a ring, or drop GP Concierge a PM on here (they are brilliant). If you're stuck, I'd be happy to lend you the points for a while... us Euro-based GPers need all the help we can get. Drop me a PM if that will help.

Hope 2011 works out well for you.

Stewie

Last edited by Stewie Mac; Jan 4, 2011 at 8:26 am
Old Dec 31, 2010, 7:09 am

Programs: some blue some silver some gold
Stewie, thank you for such a helpful and thoughtful answer.

DH
Old Jan 3, 2011, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Hyatt Platinum, Choice Hotels, Marriott
Questions about Platinum membership benefit

I became a platiunum member this month.
My questions are the following. (I tried to research for it, but coudn't find the clear answer.

1. If I choose "Miles" instead of Hyatt points, am I still eligible to get 15% Bonus point? I'm not sure if points should be always going with points even for this case.

2. Should I also choose Point(instead of Miles) to get the following additional benefit?

Stay 3 & 6: 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points, 1,500 bonus points for dining6, food & beverage welcome amenity6, or a complimentary beverage7

Thanks.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 7:35 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

1. No - if you choose miles you won't get the 15% bonus nor any Gx bonus that may be running at the time.

2. I believe those bonus choices are independent of whether you choose miles or points for the stays themselves.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.