Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2010, 11:41 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Ambassador
thanks so much for the quick responses everyone!
Old Dec 7, 2010, 12:33 am

Programs: M&M Senator, Flying Blue Platinum
deleted.

Last edited by JohnDP; Nov 30, 2013 at 3:38 am
Old Dec 7, 2010, 4:32 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
YES, the person paying the bill gets all the base points for room payments and any other applicable charges to those rooms. You would also get any non-tier related points bonuses for those rooms, (like G Bonuses) etc. With regards to tier bonuses, you would get the tier bonus itself, but hotels vary on whether they would give you arrival bonus/amenity.

With regards to the 10K promo, you would get the 10K each time you paid for 5 nights (in any number of rooms: 5 rooms X 1 night, 1 room x 5 nights, etc) However, only your room would count towards status for the next tier. Even if you put all rooms in your name, still only 1 room counts for credit.

The above responses are assuming that you are choosing HYATT points on your profile.

With regards to your 2008 Miles and More query, I will defer to one of my colleagues, as I did not participate in the program.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 6:00 am

Programs: M&M Senator, Flying Blue Platinum
deleted.

Last edited by JohnDP; Nov 30, 2013 at 3:38 am
Old Dec 7, 2010, 8:56 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by JohnDP
Thank you Sophiegirl for your very precise informations, so I guess that I will get all the points for the 2010 but by having requested the miles in 2009 I kind of "forfeited" the right to get the points. My history is as follows.

2008: 3'633 points awarded for 4 nights and a rough 200 USD/night rate
2009: 500 miles awarded for 3 nights, no credit for other 2 rooms.
2010: nothing as of yet, checkout 2. december.

Does it make sense to claim the 2009 charges, at least for the other two rooms?

Regarding status, I will therefore remain at Gold, since I do not think that I will remain at Hyatt for more than 15 nights per year, at least not until I am happy with A-Club.

Thanks
Greetings John DP,

I would like to add to Sophiegirls helpful assistance that when choosing miles or points for a stay it can be an acquired/learned skill to maximizing member value.There are times when it obviously is in your favor by requesting miles for your stays.
Especially during a mileage promotion which Gold Passport runs at various intervals throughout the year.
When In doubt feel free to post questions here or directly in the Hyatt forum

Other hopefully helpful thoughts
The 10 k limited time bonus promotion may be earned regardless if choosing Gold Passport Points or airline miles
It is an independent bonus for enrolled registered guests paying an eligible rate plan
One may request credit (airline miles or points) for up to any 3 rooms provided the Gold Passport member earning such stay credit and or points is occupying one of the rooms and paying for all the rooms on an eligible rate plan.

It is my belief if you stay more with Hyatt Gold Passport over time you will find Hyatt to be exceptionally rewarding for your travel investment. That is providing of course they have properties in where you choose to travel.
See what other Gold Passport members are saying about Hyatt’s Diamonds benefits here in the Hyatt forum and elsewhere. Hyatt Gold Passport also was the recipient of excellence in the first “Frequent Traveler Awards” Best top tier elite status

In answer to your 2009 question if I understand it correctly about receiving aditional credit for your other two rooms.As I see it Sophiegirl previously shared the bad news here.
If you were the one paying for the room and requested to earn miles for that stay(your room) you did forfeit the right to earn anything extra for the other 2 rooms.This is one of the sitautions where it may have been best to choose points and perhaps later convert to miles or just bank the points for free nights or other choice on some rainy day to see what suits you.

Cheers Happy Holidays safe travels!

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Dec 9, 2010 at 11:44 am
Old Dec 7, 2010, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I am looking at staying at the HR in Boston next April. I did a search, and did not find a master thread, so I'd just like to see if anybody has had any recent experiences with this property. Another FTer told me that it's the worst HR in the system.

Thanks.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I am looking at staying at the HR in Boston next April. I did a search, and did not find a master thread, so I'd just like to see if anybody has had any recent experiences with this property. Another FTer told me that it's the worst HR in the system.

Thanks.
There is a master property list thread at the top of the Hyatt forum - it lists all Hyatt properties in the world and links to official hotel web pages as well as to the review threads. All 3 full service hotels in Boston have their review threads. Please see:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...flyertalk.html
Old Dec 7, 2010, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by todorovic
There is a master property list thread at the top of the Hyatt forum - it lists all Hyatt properties in the world and links to official hotel web pages as well as to the review threads. All 3 full service hotels in Boston have their review threads. Please see:

Thanks.. Since it was not listed as Hyatt Regency Boston, FT Search did not find anything...
Old Dec 7, 2010, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by todorovic

^
Old Dec 8, 2010, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies

Thanks.
And as is so often here on FT, timing is everything....see

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...er-thread.html

posted yesterday after your question was asked/answered.

Old Dec 10, 2010, 5:43 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by sophiegirl
YES, the person paying the bill gets all the base points for room payments and any other applicable charges to those rooms. You would also get any non-tier related points bonuses for those rooms, (like G Bonuses) etc. With regards to tier bonuses, you would get the tier bonus itself, but hotels vary on whether they would give you arrival bonus/amenity.

With regards to the 10K promo, you would get the 10K each time you paid for 5 nights (in any number of rooms: 5 rooms X 1 night, 1 room x 5 nights, etc) However, only your room would count towards status for the next tier. Even if you put all rooms in your name, still only 1 room counts for credit.
Seems false to me?

10K t&c:
"Hyatt Gold Passport members will only receive eligible night credit for their room, regardless of the number of paid rooms."
Old Dec 10, 2010, 8:45 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by travelkid
Seems false to me?

10K t&c:
"Hyatt Gold Passport members will only receive eligible night credit for their room, regardless of the number of paid rooms."
The terms and conditions are correct regarding the 10K promotion
No matter how many rooms one is paying for one,two or three the promotional 10k bonus will count on only one room based on the nights stayed.

However if another Gold Passport member has their name on one one of the rooms and paying for it themselves a second promotional 10k credit could be earned by another GP member in your traveling party
Old Dec 10, 2010, 3:38 pm

Apologies re the mis-communication regarding 10K credit. I have 2 GP members during most stays, so was doubling the math....

travelkid and 777 global mile hound, thank you for the correction.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 4:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by sophiegirl
Apologies re the mis-communication regarding 10K credit. I have 2 GP members during most stays, so was doubling the math....

travelkid and 777 global mile hound, thank you for the correction.
You are welcome^

Just spoke with diamond line, very helpful as always.
GP bonus attached to both accts and posted immediately. The hotel clerk had some problem, so I left it for diamond desk.

I/we had booked 2 rooms x 5 nights, and the rooms were put on different accts only due to the 10k.

I think I asked this upthread somewhere, before verifying with the t&c.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 2:41 pm

platinum upgrades

Can someone please tell me if there are promotions available for a free upgrade from gold to platinum? I know they had some earlier in the year but I missed out.

Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.