Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Baha Mar - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Baha Mar - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2014, 9:55 am

Booking for the Baha Mar will open 9/15/14 for stays starting in June 2015.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 10:54 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Such announcements are always good for a laugh :-). Don't get me wrong, I value your post. It's the opening date I'm skeptical about.

It will be interesting to see what will happen.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
Such announcements are always good for a laugh :-). Don't get me wrong, I value your post. It's the opening date I'm skeptical about.

It will be interesting to see what will happen.
Well the original opening date was 12/2014...so 6/2015 sounds a bit more realistic. I'll believe it when I see it...
Old Sep 12, 2014, 11:14 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

That's my attitude as well :-).

But only a six month delay in opening 2,200 hotel rooms (not just the GH) would be rather an accomplishment.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 12:44 pm

Average room rates for a standard 2-queen room look to be around $400 per night, but once you factor in the taxes and resort fee, it's more like $520 per night! I was considering the property for a future trip, but at those rates, I think I'll pass. There are plenty of other nice Hyatt beach properties to choose from that are more affordable...including the all-inclusive places!
Old Sep 16, 2014, 2:14 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by carnalismocc
There are plenty of other nice Hyatt beach properties to choose from that are more affordable...including the all-inclusive places!
It might be a while before you can stay there as well....
Old Sep 16, 2014, 2:42 pm

You mean Cabo? Yeah, it's too bad about the hurricane. My wife and I stayed there a few nights back in July and it was a beautiful property. Hopefully that whole area can recover quickly from the damage.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 1:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Time for Jamaica Mon!
Old Oct 14, 2014, 4:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt, AS
Baha Mar GH vs Zilara Montego Bay

Honeymoon coming up next September and we're trying to select our destination. We're down to Baha Mar GH and the Zilara Hyatt in Montego Bay. Incredibly difficult to pick which one since there are no reviews and sparse information on both hotels since they are not open. Does anyone have any insight into either one of these places? Thanks!
Old Oct 14, 2014, 5:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by davidaldrich58
Honeymoon coming up next September and we're trying to select our destination. We're down to Baha Mar GH and the Zilara Hyatt in Montego Bay. Incredibly difficult to pick which one since there are no reviews and sparse information on both hotels since they are not open. Does anyone have any insight into either one of these places? Thanks!
When in doubt, do both? Not that far to split a stay I'd say that the Baha Mar is going to be very different than the Zilara. One's a huge complex with a ton of stuff to do, but crowded. For a honeymoon, I would pick the Zilara - more intimate.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
A couple of months ago (when they were still scheduled for a 12/2014 Opening), they were offering up to 50% off for prepaid stays into March/April 2015. I was tempted to book one for a quick stay to check it out, now I'm not seeing any lower priced offers for the new dates.
Just checked again, and now they are offering a $298 prepaid rate in July.

Last edited by mauld; Nov 24, 2014 at 7:33 am
Old Dec 10, 2014, 8:47 am

Programs: AA GLD 1.xMM, MAR SLV, HH DMND, IHG PLT
They are making this property a Cat 5 effective 1/22/15.

Can you even make reservations now to lock in the Cat 4 rates?
Old Dec 10, 2014, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by miles_navigator

yes you can. i see avail in July 2015 under cat 4 rates.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 3:08 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by miles_navigator

You can till the end of the period that you can make reservations for - approximately a year from now.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 8:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Plat, AA Gold
I just tried to make a reservation for the holidays 2015, specifically December 25 thru the 28th and was told the hotel was sold out. I then asked for December 30 thru January 2 and was told no points availability.

Diamond agent noted that it did appear strange, however "they work with an international crowd". It appears everyone is booking their Christmas Holidays. Note that rooms are available for a week before that (December 18 thru December 23).

This seems odd.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.