Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Private Line Program

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2013, 6:18 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
I would call, whoever talks to you, see if they can be your new PL agent
Old Jul 11, 2013, 11:18 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
The Private Line agents sound much better than the SPG Ambassadors....
Old Jul 12, 2013, 6:24 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SGC Gold, IHG Plat, Delta Diamond, Cont Gold, US Air Chairmans
It is nice that this may be an option. I have always had great luck with whomever answers the phone - albeit I do not call very often and try to do everything online that I can...
Old Oct 2, 2013, 8:59 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
If I make a BRG reservation, it is inappropriate or even possible, to add my PL rep's number to the booking?

If I make a reservation through the PL rep and later need to amend it (eg. add a guest or change the rate plan), can I make such changes through Hyatt reservations without the PL incurring any penalty? That is, if I make a change this way, does the PL rep still get the same reward as if I'd make the changes with him or her? (Being in Australia I'm sometimes sceptical about waiting 24 hours or sometimes more to contact my PL rep when I find a lower rate for an existing reservation, preferring to jump on the rate as soon as I see it.)
Old Oct 3, 2013, 1:10 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by danger
If I make a BRG reservation, it is inappropriate or even possible, to add my PL rep's number to the booking?

If I make a reservation through the PL rep and later need to amend it (eg. add a guest or change the rate plan), can I make such changes through Hyatt reservations without the PL incurring any penalty? That is, if I make a change this way, does the PL rep still get the same reward as if I'd make the changes with him or her? (Being in Australia I'm sometimes sceptical about waiting 24 hours or sometimes more to contact my PL rep when I find a lower rate for an existing reservation, preferring to jump on the rate as soon as I see it.)
When making a reservation online there is an option to add their number, but they have to give it to you. I'm unsure if they need to initiate the reservation to get credit for it.

I always thought BRGs were always a different kettle of fish....
Old Oct 3, 2013, 10:48 am

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by m0hamed
When making a reservation online there is an option to add their number, but they have to give it to you. I'm unsure if they need to initiate the reservation to get credit for it.

I always thought BRGs were always a different kettle of fish....
I have been told that PL agents are Not on Commission and I have read here that they are.
So what is it? Are they or aren't they?
Old Oct 3, 2013, 6:14 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by suite2suite
I have been told that PL agents are Not on Commission and I have read here that they are.
So what is it? Are they or aren't they?
It may not be commission but they certainly are rewarded. It may be a bonus, but when Hyatt had a Private Line Program for travel arrangers (PAs, Secretaries etc.) the offered GP Points and free nights in exchange for booking the traveller with Hyatt Hotels & Resorts.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 11:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by m0hamed
It may not be commission but they certainly are rewarded. It may be a bonus, but when Hyatt had a Private Line Program for travel arrangers (PAs, Secretaries etc.) the offered GP Points and free nights in exchange for booking the traveller with Hyatt Hotels & Resorts.
Do you mean points being given to PAs, secretaries, etc.?

That's very different from the Hyatt reservations agent receiving commissions based on their own phone sales.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 9:37 pm

Both. At least that was the working of the external program. I assume it's the same since it's not a cash based incentive.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 6:20 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Is there anyway to get the current 1k bonus for bookings using the app, and still give the PL a cut?
Old Nov 12, 2014, 9:33 am

I explicitly asked my PL rep if there was any reason or incentive or bonus for her if I booked any kind of stays through her or had her do it and she stated no.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by antonius66
I explicitly asked my PL rep if there was any reason or incentive or bonus for her if I booked any kind of stays through her or had her do it and she stated no.
I've had 2 different PL agents state the contrary. Perhaps we're not supposed to know.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 2:22 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
I have had a PL rep pitch me the Chase Hyatt CC, so me thinks they get a bonus for # of approved applications they funnel to Chase.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 9:50 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Well if the PL is getting some kind of benefit I don't know why they'd be offered to any average Joe like me for no cost. I've always tried to use my PL rep whenever possible to make reservations.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 4:09 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Looks like the private line representatives can no longer be reached directly by phone. E-Mail still works. Basically looks like they are abolishing the PL system as far as phone contact is concerned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.