Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Private Line Program

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2011, 8:16 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by kenbo
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/15951974-post12.html (individual post)

In the second paragraph, this member mentions that the PLA does receive some type of commission for making reservations. A few posts down, they also mention asking their PLA if that is true and it was confirmed.

Here's the full thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...ntact-you.html
Thanks Kenbo. I hadn't ever read the thread because my PL agent is always easy to contact!
Old Sep 13, 2011, 9:04 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by danger
My PL is on holidays and I need to make a booking for arrival the day after the rep gets back. Is there any way to make the booking but still ensure the rep gets their cut?
Further to my query, above. Unfortunately, I didn't have any success in contacting the PL 'department' and getting my stay 'credited' to my PL rep, nor could I use the PL field on the reservation.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 11:11 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Suggestion: I'll bet the stand-in gets the commission/credit. I'd just tell our PLA next time that you tried, and knowing her, she'd be glad that you called so that someone would get it, and that her colleague did.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 7:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
My private line agent has given me the specific name and contact information for a backup with whom she works. There's an arrangement for the backup to help me with anything of a time-sensitive nature if my own private line agent isn't available. They're both wonderful.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 7:42 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
If I make a successful BRG claim against an existing reservation that my private line rep has made, does the rep still get a cut?
Old Jun 10, 2013, 7:31 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Gold, Avis PC, Marriott Gold
I contacted Hyatt and requested a private line agent. I was contacted by a personal line agent. Is this their new title now? In addition my Personal Line Agent has an 800 number that I have to ask for the agent by name first. Is this how it normally is or do others have a direct number in which their PLA answers?

Thanks
Old Jun 10, 2013, 7:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by LoyalEagle
I contacted Hyatt and requested a private line agent. I was contacted by a personal line agent. Is this their new title now? In addition my Personal Line Agent has an 800 number that I have to ask for the agent by name first. Is this how it normally is or do others have a direct number in which their PLA answers?

Thanks
I phone the general PLA 800 number and then you can enter your person's extension if you know it. Otherwise it's easy to be transferred and the person who first answers can check whether your person is working that day or not.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 9:41 am

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
How much do you have to stay to request a PL agent?
Old Jun 11, 2013, 9:52 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by jlisi984
How much do you have to stay to request a PL agent?
In the main, it's being a Diamond, though there may be other paths. And not all Diamonds are offered it. However, you are lucky. Our Gold Passport Concierge here has offered it to any Diamond who asks, based on seeing the offer here. That was a while ago, so others may have a better idea of the current circumstance.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 9:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, HYATT DIA
I asked my rep about them being on commission and he said no.

He did, however, say that they have conversion goals and it helps with that.
Just something I thought to share.
Cheers!
Old Jun 22, 2013, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by JAFU007
I asked my rep about them being on commission and he said no.

He did, however, say that they have conversion goals and it helps with that.
Just something I thought to share.
Cheers!
You shared a bit more than you may have intended (though not a secret): "he"? This may be the first we've heard on this board - or offline among friends - of a male Private Line Representative in many years - ever, actually. Not that a male wouldn't be suited.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 7:33 pm

Programs: AS 75k, OW Emerald, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by Firewind
You shared a bit more than you may have intended (though not a secret): "he"? This may be the first we've heard on this board - or offline among friends - of a male Private Line Representative in many years - ever, actually. Not that a male wouldn't be suited.
Agreed! I have only heard of females, and mine is female. I have to say that after reading about it here and PMing the GP Concierge, I was setup quickly and couldn't imagine NOT using my PL agent. 99% is done via email, and she is quick, friendly, and very generous whenever something doesn't go right. Points didn't post correctly? No problem, taken care of and here's 1000 bonus points for the trouble. I once had a bad experience with a hotel when using a suite upgrade. In no time, she credited 6000 points back to the account for the suite, plus some more for the hassle. I was just talking to my wife about my Hyatt wife the other day, and said that the PL agent is one of the main reasons I stay with Hyatt -- such great service!
Old Jun 22, 2013, 7:48 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Firewind
They are remunerated in some way, in some way. It may be commission, it may be bonuses based on conversion, or it may be incentives.

I have a great relationship with my agent. Even with the time difference, I want her rewarded for how amazing she is, even with a relationship entirely based on email. So I always email my requirements, knowing that it won't be actioned for 12-24 hours with the time difference, but I accept that because she goes out of her way every time. It's the complete antithesis to the general Gold Passport or Diamond phone line experience.

I know the external Private Line Program is marketed to PAs and Secretaries that rewarded them for booking travel for others with Hyatt. See http://www.biko.com.au/clients/12PrivateLine_case.asp
Old Jun 22, 2013, 7:48 pm

Exactly.

[I overwrote m0hamed, but +1.]
Old Jul 11, 2013, 5:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, national executive elite,
Has anyone else had a problem with their private line rep contacting you back. I had amenity points not show up after a stay in Richardson Texas at a Hyatt House. I called my rep and left him a message on the 2nd. I never heard back. I then emailed him on the 9th and have still never heard back from him. I could have called the diamond line but thought I would use the private line rep. So far this has been a lot of work for 500 points!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.