Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Hyatt Rewards Card from Chase (WIKI)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 3, 2013, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
This version of the Hyatt card (with its 2 free nights offer) has been discontinued as of June 29, 2017.

There is a new version.

See this thread
:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...ed-2018-a.html

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

What are the benefits of the card?
  • 3 points/dollar spent at Hyatt
  • 2 points per dollar spent at restaurants, airfare, car rental
  • 1 point for all other charges
  • No foreign exchange fee
  • Annually, on renewal, one free night at up to a category 4 hotel and is valid for 12 months
When will I receive the sign up bonus?
Typically a day or two after the close of the billing cycle in which you reach spend threshold.
When do the signup points from this card offer expire?
If you have no activity on your Hyatt account for 24 months your points will expire.
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.
It's a Chase Card. Does that mean that if I have more than 5 new open lines of credit in 24 months, I will be automatically denied?
This card is not currently under the 5 cards in 24 months Chase application restriction.
It looks like the Hyatt website will let me use my anniversary category 1-4 cert for any property, including those above category 4. Is this for real?
No. Even if the system accepts your attempted reservation, the property will not honor the cert at check-in. Accept the fact that your cat 4 cert is just that.
Can I use my anniversary category 1-4 cert at a higher-category property with a cash co-pay? By paying the difference in points? By asking nicely?
No. No. No.
Can I use my annual free night cert for a suite or Club-level room, possibly with a cash or point copay?
Officially, no. But there's no harm in contacting an individual property directly to see what they're willing to do.
If I close my card account, do I lose any unused points or annual free-night certificate?
No. Unused points already in your Hyatt account as well as the annual free-night award remain available in your Hyatt account regardless of the status of your Chase card.

Questions related to the (now expired) 2 Free Night card offer:

When do the signup bonus free-night awards for this card expire?
The awards expire one year from the date of deposit (typically the date on which the required spend is met, which may fall in the middle of a billing cycle). All stays must be completed by the expiration date.
When I view my free-night awards, why is the button to start the redemption/booking process missing?
You no longer need to go through the My Awards page to book a free-night cert. Simply start the booking process as if requesting an award stay using points.
When I try to book a multiple-night award stay, why does the Hyatt website show availability for points redemptions but not for Free Night Awards?
You will need to redeem the free-night certs one at a time in separate single-night reservations if you want to do it online. For example, if you want to book the Park Hyatt Sydney for December 14-16, you will book the night of the 14th to 15th as one stay, and then repeat the process for the night of the 15th to 16th. Otherwise, call Hyatt to make the booking.
If I can't use my free-night award by the expiration date, can I exchange it for points or get the expiration extended?
According to the FT Hyatt GP Concierge, as of January 22, 2016, there are 2 options for compensation for the initial (all-category) Free Night Awards:
  • Platinum guests: Hyatt offers 10,000 points per Award if the Member has had 5 eligible stays or 15 eligible nights in the previous 12 months. The 10,000 points per award exchange can only be done after the award night has expired. (This is the opposite of the old rule, which required the award to be unexpired.) Members have up to 90 days beyond the expiration of the unused award night to exchange for points.
  • Diamond guests: Hyatt offers 20,000 points per Award if the Member has achieved Diamond status by achieving 25 stays or 50 nights or completing a trial tier offer within the last 12 months. The 20,000 points per award exchange can only be done after the award night has expired. (This is the opposite of the old rule, which required the award to be unexpired.) Members have up to 90 days beyond the expiration of the unused award night to exchange for points.
These policies will reportedly remain in effect after the March 1, 2017 transition from Hyatt Gold Passport to the new World of Hyatt program.

Anniversary Awards valid in Category 1-4 hotels are not eligible for extension. (This is the opposite of the old rule, which allowed a one-time 30-day extension.)
Can I use the sign-up free night cert for a suite or Club-level room, possibly with a cash or point copay?
Officially, no. But there's no harm in contacting an individual property directly to see what they're willing to do.
If I close my card account, do I lose any unused free-night certificates?
No. Unused free-night awards remain available in your Hyatt account regardless of the status of your Chase card.
Print Wikipost

The Hyatt Rewards Card from Chase (WIKI)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2014, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by cdmca
I think the Platinum status takes a few days to show up on your HGP account.

If you do want to pay for the hotel room using your new Hyatt card, it might be worth a shot to call Chase, explain the situation and get your Visa card number from them. Would they give it to you over the phone, I don't know. But if they do, you can have the hotel charge your card even if you don't have the card physically with you... Or maybe Chase can call the hotel and give them the card number or enter the card number in your HGP profile or something like that, if this is truly that important for you.
fyi --last few times when I was approved with "CITI" they sent e/m with "full card number " exp date and cv code -so maybe chase will give u the info --though I doubt it

since u want it so badly --I think better chance if let them send card to reg address --then call and tell them out of town now and fedx to hotel
Old Oct 23, 2014, 11:58 pm

The wiki and several people have mentioned a $50 statement credit, but I don't see that anywhere on the card details page (https://creditcards.chase.com/lp/hyatt/hgpflap). Is that no longer offered?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 11:37 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by alliaphagist
The wiki and several people have mentioned a $50 statement credit, but I don't see that anywhere on the card details page (https://creditcards.chase.com/lp/hyatt/hgpflap). Is that no longer offered?
You find the $50 credit when signing up for the card through a link that appears in the booking process (can be a dummy booking).
Old Oct 24, 2014, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by alliaphagist
Originally Posted by peteropny
You find the $50 credit when signing up for the card through a link that appears in the booking process (can be a dummy booking).
Correct. The wiki explains pretty clearly that this is available
during the reservation process. Property must be in the US; you do not need to complete the reservation to get the offer.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 1:25 am

Thanks, I didn't understand what that meant
Old Oct 26, 2014, 7:38 am

For the 2 free night certificates, can it be used for 3 or 4 persons in a room? thanks.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 1:08 am

Can Hyatt really suck this bad?!?!

My wife and I each just got our 2 free nights credit from the Hyatt credit card. I jumped at the opportunity to book us some rooms in Tokyo at the Park Hyatt. No availability. Sucks. What about other Tokyo hotels? Zero availability at any of them that I checked. ...?! What good is 2 free nights when there are no nights available. Then I checked London and Paris for our trip after Japan. Nothing. Nothing. Nothing. No hotel in either city has any availability. Then I thought what about a weekend in NYC. I checked a couple and found nothing. Ridiculous!!!

The Hyatt credit card feels like a total scam to me right now. We each got a credit check to get the stupid card and wasted some spending that we could have put on other cards.

Do we have to vacation in some God forsaken place at a Hyatt Place in the middle of the week to use our free nights? The free nights are useless!!!! Damn them!!!

P.O.'d Mike
Old Oct 27, 2014, 1:18 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mikemcft
My wife and I each just got our 2 free nights credit from the Hyatt credit card. I jumped at the opportunity to book us some rooms in Tokyo at the Park Hyatt. No availability. Sucks. What about other Tokyo hotels? Zero availability at any of them that I checked. ...?! What good is 2 free nights when there are no nights available. Then I checked London and Paris for our trip after Japan. Nothing. Nothing. Nothing. No hotel in either city has any availability. Then I thought what about a weekend in NYC. I checked a couple and found nothing. Ridiculous!!!

The Hyatt credit card feels like a total scam to me right now. We each got a credit check to get the stupid card and wasted some spending that we could have put on other cards.

Do we have to vacation in some God forsaken place at a Hyatt Place in the middle of the week to use our free nights? The free nights are useless!!!! Damn them!!!

P.O.'d Mike
You mad bro?
Old Oct 27, 2014, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
You mad bro?
Yep. Still. Checking more hotels and more dates. Still haven't found one available.

To make it worse there is a banner ad for that POS Hyatt card right above where I am typing now. "EARN 2 free nights AT HYATT PLUS 1 free night EACH YEAR". What a lie. What a scam. We have certificates for four "free" nights that expire in less than a year and there is no reasonable way to use them despite the fact that we vacation frequently. F Hyatt!!
Old Oct 27, 2014, 2:12 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Can Hyatt really suck this bad?!?!

First of all. Flexibility is key. I'm not sure of your travel dates but I am hard pressed to believe that their is zero availability. But there might be zero availability at the most popular hotels (ph Tokyo, ph ny, ph Paris).

Weekend availability at the andaz wall st? Almost always there. Hyatt Madeleine? Hyatt regency in Tokyo has solid availability as well. I'm new to Hyatt but haven't had trouble redeeming points but flexibility is key. They don't have as many properties as spg and hilton, especially in the big cities.

Fdw
Old Oct 27, 2014, 2:14 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

P.O.'d Mike

Good warning for anyone else considering the card.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 2:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
There may be something else going on with your browser and/or the website.

Just go Old School and call Reservations on the phone.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 4:51 am

Programs: UA, SPG
I've read the terms and conditions for the Chase Hyatt card. And while it's quite clear that one can earn two free nights "in any available" room it is not clear if that "available room" has to be available for award redemption or if it can really be any available room.

In my case I'd like to use the free nights at Park Hyatt New York. Any hope of that working out?
Old Oct 27, 2014, 5:07 am
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
No. Unless something has changed recently no regular room awards are available through next year.
May I suggest the Andaz Fifth Ave.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 5:52 am

Programs: ex-Delta DM (NWA was nice while it lasted), Hyatt Diamond
Yes, Mike, Hyatt sucks

P.O.'d Mike
Hi Mike,

Goodness, what a great way to begin the week. First, to answer your question, if there is one in there. What days were you looking? And yes, the phone might help, although if you don't have much of a (pleasant and positive) history with Hyatt, I would be curious to see what they might do for such a great customer. (The old 90/10 or 95/5 rule and all)

Second. While I understand your disappointment, I had to laugh that you called the promotion a scam. Perhaps you might want to think about your contribution to the situation of this so called scam. I checked and it looks like you spend all of your time on Flyertalk looking for cards to churn (and complaining), and perhaps you haven't yet realized that maybe, just maybe, that companies like Hyatt only have so many rooms at the places churners typically want to book, and maybe the other churners were just a little faster than you. I was surprised to see that you and your wife also didn't check the Park Hyatt Sydney and Vendome, along with the PHT.

While I like a freebie as much as the next guy, I do find it somewhat laughable, though, to read that while you are trying to semi-scam the credit card companies (I write that because these companies often have their own abhorrent business practices, and since you are following the letter of the deal they offer, it's not a total scam), you and that crowd are taking away rooms from each other, and for that, I would like to laugh. Sadly, though, these promotions also do reduce the inventory for folks who might actually want to stay at these properties, so the sooner you go back to Hilton or IHG (the other cards you've churned), the happier I will be, so yes Mike, Hyatt sucks and you wouldn't have wanted to stay at the PHT for free anyway.

Each time I've used my points, or gasp, paid for a stay there it was just awful, which is why I got married there long ago and continue to return.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.