FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Combine award stay and paid stay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1115288-combine-award-stay-paid-stay.html)

ismann Aug 11, 2010 1:50 pm

Combine award stay and paid stay

I'm planning to stay at the PH Saigon in December for 4 nights, but only have enough points for 2. If I book back-to-back stays, 1 award and 1 cash, will the property let me go seamlessly from one to the other without checking out, changing rooms, and checking back in?

Is there any reason to choose a particular order of the reservations? And if I start with a paid stay through Amex FHR and get a room upgrade, do you think they'd let me stay in the same room for the award nights?

peteropny Aug 11, 2010 2:28 pm

It is probably best if you can arrange to have the entire period in one confirmation number since they can see that you are staying the entire period and to allow you to keep the same room (it's better to have the paid portion at the beginning for upgrade purposes). However, you may not be able to do this in one confirmation since I'm not sure if Hyatt can "touch" a booking made by AMEX FHR.

karung99 Aug 11, 2010 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny (Post 14463840)
It is probably best if you can arrange to have the entire period in one confirmation number since they can see that you are staying the entire period and to allow you to keep the same room (it's better to have the paid portion at the beginning for upgrade purposes). However, you may not be able to do this in one confirmation since I'm not sure if Hyatt can "touch" a booking made by AMEX FHR.

+1

I am doing exactly the same way this weekend, one paid and 2 FFN on one confirmation number.

Peter you always have great advise :)

SoManyMiles-SoLittleTime Aug 11, 2010 3:08 pm

I do this regularly, in fact just this week in NYC.

I have done this both as separate reservations and then call to combine, and also have worked it out in the initial call. And yes, I call reservations when trying to do this together.

Gold Passport Concierge Aug 11, 2010 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by ismann (Post 14463555)
I'm planning to stay at the PH Saigon in December for 4 nights, but only have enough points for 2. If I book back-to-back stays, 1 award and 1 cash, will the property let me go seamlessly from one to the other without checking out, changing rooms, and checking back in?

Is there any reason to choose a particular order of the reservations? And if I start with a paid stay through Amex FHR and get a room upgrade, do you think they'd let me stay in the same room for the award nights?

Good afternoon ismann,

You can definitely book back to back stays one with award and the other paid. In order to stay in the same room you would need to make sure you have the same room type book for the entire stay. If you do go with Amex FHR for the paid nights there is a chance you will have to switch rooms since you would have an upgraded room. That is completely based on the discretion of the hotel. Hope this clears up any question you may have had.

Have a great day,

Brock S.

ismann Aug 11, 2010 5:25 pm

Thanks for all the advice. I think I'll probably book a pre-paid rate rather than through FHR - should make the combined reservation simpler, and with a $50 rate difference it's not worth paying more for breakfast and a possible upgrade.

m0hamed Aug 11, 2010 5:43 pm

This varies by property. In most cases you would be allowed to stay in the room. It always helps to ask to Diamond line to contact the property and make the request to pre-block the room type you wish for the entire stay.

JAFU007 Aug 11, 2010 10:37 pm

I've done this before as well and as others have said, put the paid nights first as you will probably get a better upgrade.

Cheers!

hobo13 Feb 13, 2012 4:09 pm

Somewhat similar question as the OP:

If I book 3 consecutive nights for my wife and I (both present):

A. paid night from my account
B. award night from wife's account
C. paid night from my account

Will this count as 2 qualifying stays?

I'm not worried about Diamond benefits or suite UG's as I don't think the property recognizes either. I just want an extra stay credit toward Diamond re-qual!

peteropny Feb 13, 2012 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by hobo13 (Post 18009208)
Somewhat similar question as the OP:

If I book 3 consecutive nights for my wife and I (both present):

A. paid night from my account
B. award night from wife's account
C. paid night from my account

Will this count as 2 qualifying stays?

I'm not worried about Diamond benefits or suite UG's as I don't think the property recognizes either. I just want an extra stay credit toward Diamond re-qual!

It should - provided they don't merge the reservations into one. You'll have to both present yourselves to "check-out" and "check-in" both mornings though.