Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Reservation With Suite Upgrade Award - Newbie question

Old Feb 12, 2012, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite

I'm new to Hyatt with a Diamond Challenge and I have some newbie questions:

1) I'm planning to use a suite upgrade award for a reservation. Can I just book the lowest advance purchase rate? Is that an eligible rate?

2) What is the procedure to request a suite upgrade? Can I book it online and then call in to request the upgrade or should I just call and do both reservation and upgrade request at the same time?

3) Do rates fluctuate often? When is the best time to book? At Hilton, sometimes the best rate is a few days before the intended stay.

Any insight is greatly appreciated!
Old Feb 12, 2012, 5:01 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

As stated in the FAQs sticky above

How do I use the 4 annual confirmed suite upgrades for Diamonds?

These confirmed upgrades can only be used in conjunction with a revenue stay (most rates bookable directly with Hyatt qualify). Each of the confirmed upgrades may be applied to stays up to 7 days. These upgrades may only be booked for the “entry suites” as defined at the properties. Booking can only be done by calling a Diamond CSR. There are 4 properties that do not participate in these confirmed suite upgrades: Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Park Hyatt Sydney, Hyatt Regency Kyoto, Hyatt Regency Paris Madeleine.
Some clarification since you are inquiring about the usage with pre-paid rates: Yes that rate is an "eligible" rate for upgrade - it's better that you call and inquire about the application and book at the same time since the inventory may not be available and you can postpone booking (and paying) for the stay - rates may fluctuate but tends to rise as the hotel fills up.

Last edited by peteropny; Feb 12, 2012 at 5:07 pm
Old Feb 12, 2012, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by peteropny
As stated in the FAQs sticky above

Some clarification since you are inquiring about the usage with pre-paid rates: Yes that rate is an "eligible" rate for upgrade - it's better that you call and inquire about the application and book at the same time since the inventory may not be available and you can postpone booking (and paying) for the stay - rates may fluctuate but tends to rise as the hotel fills up.
Thank you. I just called and the upgrade was not available for the Grand Hyatt Macau. I guess I will try again next week.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 6:43 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, UAMP
Originally Posted by wilp888
I'm new to Hyatt with a Diamond Challenge and I have some newbie questions:

1) I'm planning to use a suite upgrade award for a reservation. Can I just book the lowest advance purchase rate? Is that an eligible rate?

2) What is the procedure to request a suite upgrade? Can I book it online and then call in to request the upgrade or should I just call and do both reservation and upgrade request at the same time?

3) Do rates fluctuate often? When is the best time to book? At Hilton, sometimes the best rate is a few days before the intended stay.

Any insight is greatly appreciated!
1. AAA should work too just did for me
2. think you can only call in
3. I always check my rates day of and have had them match that current days rate to my booking, about a $20 difference on a AAA rate
Old Feb 12, 2012, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Another newbie question, since I just redeemed my first suite upgrade for a stay in May. Do you normally "redeem" a suite upgrade at the time the request is made or when you check in? I still see that I have 4 suite upgrades and 0 redeemed. Also, my reservation details weren't changed, but there's a note under "additional information" on the e-mail confirmation that says " DIAMOND SUITE UPGRADE CONFIRMED PER [NAME] AT FD ."

Is this normal?
Old Feb 12, 2012, 11:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond,IHG Platinum, HH Gold, OZ Diamond (*G), AA Plat, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by slippahs
Another newbie question, since I just redeemed my first suite upgrade for a stay in May. Do you normally "redeem" a suite upgrade at the time the request is made or when you check in? I still see that I have 4 suite upgrades and 0 redeemed. Also, my reservation details weren't changed, but there's a note under "additional information" on the e-mail confirmation that says " DIAMOND SUITE UPGRADE CONFIRMED PER [NAME] AT FD ."

Is this normal?
Sometimes it takes ~24hours to be cleared in their system IME.

If your upgrade reward number will not be deducted by then, you might want to call HGP to make sure everything is ok.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.