Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Fifth Avenue (NY) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Fifth Avenue (NY) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2014, 9:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by nsolitude
We are visiting New York from Sep 3rd to 7th for four nights, and I am debating whether I should stay in a Hyatt or SPG property. Four of us (my mother, my fiance, myself and my best friend) are traveling together and staying in the same room, and I think we need a suite to ensure everyone has space. Since we have three females and one male, I am thinking that my mother and I can sleep on the same bed, and my friend occupying the other bed, leaving my fiance on the sofa.

Right now the Loft Suite and Andaz Suite are available. Which one would be a better choice? Or will anyone has any recommendations for these kind of sleeping arrangements?
Personally I wouldn't want to have my mother and my SO share a hotel room or even a suite unless there are at least two real bedrooms with their own bathrooms in the suite: one for mother and one for SO, with sleeping arrangements for self and friend (of indeterminate sex?) to be determined based an mother's feelings about unmarried cohabitation. [If mother is of the old "not under my roof" school, I wouldn't want to force mother to be faced by us sleeping together in a hotel either, especially when she seems to be my guest for some special occasion.]
Old Aug 20, 2014, 10:57 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
Going from Andaz to Homewood Suites is quite an downgrade.

OP, look into Conrad. They are all suites and their standard rooms are far bigger and nicer than the ones at Andaz. Prices are far more reasonable as well. Unless, you must stay in midtown (not sure why), Conrad is a good choice.
Yes, Andaz to Homewood Suites is a downgrade, but the living arrangements that were listed were going were severely downgrade the experience from my perspective. The Homewood Suites has a suite which has two bedrooms/two baths, one king and one with two doubles/queens which would be perfect in this situation. Even though the Conrad is my go to in Manhattan, it didn't come to mind since their couches are not sofabeds and despite being spacious I would not want to be one of four in the room.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 10:47 pm

Programs: CX MPC GO; Golden Circle nobody!
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
Most, if not all, enhanced rooms and suites will have a King bed only.
Hello CodeAdam10, thanks! Is that the norm across Hyatts or just a NYC phenomena?

Originally Posted by Miesque
As CodeAdam pointed out, you are only going to get King beds, not doubles in any of the suites. Given the layout you want to achieve, something along the lines of a Homewood Suites would be right up your alley. Any premium hotel that is not all Suites (like a Homewood or Embassy Suites) is only going to have one king bed (unless of course you go with a multiple bedroom suite and I assume since you are shoving everyone in one room, that is not a price point for you)
Hello Miesque, I don't think my mother will like Homewood Suites, but thanks for the advice. The price is one thing, but the more important consideration is that my best friend and I would like to spend as much time as we can since we haven't seen each other in years (yet I cannot put my mom and fiance into one room).

Originally Posted by BlissWorld
Going from Andaz to Homewood Suites is quite an downgrade.

OP, look into Conrad. They are all suites and their standard rooms are far bigger and nicer than the ones at Andaz. Prices are far more reasonable as well. Unless, you must stay in midtown (not sure why), Conrad is a good choice.
Hello BlissWorld, thanks very much for the advice! Conrad looks very good and I think I will go with your recommendation!
Old Aug 21, 2014, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by nsolitude
Hello CodeAdam10, thanks! Is that the norm across Hyatts or just a NYC phenomena?
In my experiences, this is the standard at most hotels (NYC or not). It is rather unusual for a hotel to have an enhanced room or suite-type with two double beds, unless in a case of an actual two bedroom suite where the 'master bedroom' will have a king bed and the secondary bedroom may have two beds of sorts.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 4:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
The following are the rare Hyatt properties that come to mind with the option to have a suite with 2 double or queen beds:

GH Manchester, San Diego (Conference Suite)
HR Milwaukee
HR Chicago (Avenue Suite)
PH Tokyo (Park Suite)
HR Tokyo (Atrium Suite)
Old Aug 21, 2014, 5:51 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Most, but not all, suites at Hyatt properties we have stayed in have a parlor with bedrooms going off each side. The suite can be configured with either a king bedded bedroom or, by using the other bedroom, a two queen bedroom. The unused bedroom is simply locked off by the hotel and sold as just a room to other guests.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by thucanhho
The following are the rare Hyatt properties that come to mind with the option to have a suite with 2 double or queen beds:

HR Milwaukee
PH Tokyo (Park Suite)
HR Tokyo (Atrium Suite)
Andaz Tokyo has two kings as well.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 8:14 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Does anyone have a updated diamond breakfast policy here ? Just checked in today and front desk seemed divided on room service as breakfast and if there was a allowance. I was looking over the breakfast menu and it looks like 50 a person is on par (22 for coffee and oj plus 22 for eggs and bacon) anyone have any Experience on this?
Old Aug 22, 2014, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by footastic
Does anyone have a updated diamond breakfast policy here ? Just checked in today and front desk seemed divided on room service as breakfast and if there was a allowance. I was looking over the breakfast menu and it looks like 50 a person is on par (22 for coffee and oj plus 22 for eggs and bacon) anyone have any Experience on this?
Curious about this as well. Planning an anniversary stay here with my wife and hope to enjoy a nice leisurely breakfast. Want to know what to expect.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:32 am
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
As of April it was $75 per day per room. No room service.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by mmgm
As of April it was $75 per day per room. No room service.
I have a dissenting experience.

We were also there in April (26-30), and were allowed the $75 allowance as room service. We exceeded this on two days to mid eighties with tip/service charge and they removed everything from our bill at check out.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 12:57 pm

$75 per day, all included, can be taken in room. This is a very generous allowance.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 12:59 pm

HR Milwaukee
PH Tokyo (Park Suite)
HR Tokyo (Atrium Suite)
GH Tokyo too.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 1:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by IncyWincy
GH Tokyo too.

2 queens for Ambassador suite, 2 King for Presidential suite but not DSU entry level suites, correct?
I would ask to keep adding but this is not the correct thread. Willing to keep adding in the Hyatt for families thread??
Old Aug 22, 2014, 1:26 pm

I would ask to keep adding but this is not the correct thread. Willing to keep adding in the Hyatt for families thread??
Yes, please continue this useful (but OT) discussion in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...-families.html.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.