Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Miami at the Blue REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - LEAVING HYATT 5/29/14

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2010, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Exec Platinum

I just check out of the Hyatt Miami at the Blue after a 1 night stay. I was addressed by name by all of the staff and they were very pleasant. Service was great which is a rarity in South Florida. At check in I was offered an amenity list that was locally inspired. There were more "exotic features" and I decided on what ended up to be guava empanadas with beverages. Breakfast coupons were awarded and included gratuity. After check in we drove to building 13 where both of the rooms were located. We were here to golf and did not use the pool or fitness center. The rooms are great size and have a nice balcony. There is a sitting area and table for 4. It can be used nicely for long stays with a full sized fridge and kitchenette. The mattresses were tempurpedic and very comfortable. As for the bathroom, it was great! The shower was amazing and it had a small LCD television as well. We ate lunch at 5300 Chop House on Saturday afternoon. I thought it was very good! Prices were reasonable and service was good. Overall we had a very good stay. The only downside I can foresee is the distance from rooms to the pool. This is a much better hotel the Marriott in my opinion.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 11:49 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Didn´t you consider to stay at Victor Hotel.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Exec Platinum
Originally Posted by submonte
Didn´t you consider to stay at Victor Hotel.
No, I took customers to play golf.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 11:12 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
right, I missed that
Old Jun 30, 2010, 12:28 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
gwhite216, did you travel to the hotel from the airport? If so, roughly how much by cab, if you took one?
Old Jun 30, 2010, 5:14 am
Original Poster

I did not take a cab or car service although it should run $30-$35 including tip.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 3:16 pm

is the Golf view Suite (709 sq ft) the basic room?

Also, what is the diamond confirmed suite upgrade at this property?

Thanks!
Old Jul 10, 2010, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HYATT DIA
I stayed here for 1 night; was going to surprise the wife but alas my experience went down in flames rather quickly.

First, I arrived by car but the guy at the gate did not have the reservation sheet so it took a few minutes for him to call in and verify that I was checking in to let me in.

I went to check in. I asked about my Diamond amenity. They only offer a food option - no beverage, so I passed for points. I asked for a map of the property - none (another guest also asked and there was none). I asked about breakfast and was told I would get a voucher later.

Some good points: Free Wi-Fi, Free Parking.

The room I was given was large, spacious, nicely decorated, with a kitchen. I was very surprised and very happy with it.

Later, a knock on the door from housekeeping. I said everything was okay because I was trying to "set the mood" for the wife before her arrival. The housekeeping person came in anyway - Who does that? Only for me to see 2 people at the door.

They then proceed to offer various explanations as why I need to be moved to another room. First, there was a problem with the room. I said I was happy and they could not explain the problem. Then they said they were shutting down all the rooms, but not moving anyone else? One slipped and mentioned that this room was meant for someone else... do I detect a hint of truth? Now, I was expected to give up my SUPER room for a crappier room at the end of the property (this is a sprawling property). I was upset and felt like I was being pushed around. I said I would call a manager.

About 15 min later a manager called and explained that this hotel is an owner condo/hotel (explains larger rooms) and the owners sometimes stay and Hyatt rents them out when they are not around. Well, it seems the owner is in town and wants his room after I am checked in and settled. Granted, this all maybe within their right but as a Diamond they are certainly going about it all wrong.

The phone continued to ring a few more times, and I gave it. It was clear that they wanted the room and did not care about me - and wanted me out. I drove back to the front desk and said not to charge me and let me go. I left.

The GM called me back the next day to apologize and offered me a free stay. To be honest, I will not return. I am only grateful that this did not occur while I wife was there as I would have been very embarrassed. They are new to Hyatt and have a nice property but the seem not to be able to handle the details well, especially with elites.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by JAFU007

The room I was given was large, spacious, nicely decorated, with a kitchen. I was very surprised and very happy with it.
I think every room has a kitchen. This is an all suite hotel. You might have gotten a similar room?
Old Jul 12, 2010, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HYATT DIA
I didn't know the hotel was all suites. The staff who showed up at my door to get me to leave changed the story too much that I knew I was being lied to. All they said is that there is another room at the back of the property. They seemed more concerned with getting me out than me having a good experience. If they handled it better, had been honest, then perhaps my opinion of the experience would have been different.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by JAFU007
I didn't know the hotel was all suites. The staff who showed up at my door to get me to leave changed the story too much that I knew I was being lied to. All they said is that there is another room at the back of the property. They seemed more concerned with getting me out than me having a good experience. If they handled it better, had been honest, then perhaps my opinion of the experience would have been different.
I agree...but I think as far as the room is concerned, you would have received a similar room. There are only two possibilities that they gave you:

1) Golf View Suite (709 sq ft with kitchen - large and spacious)
or
2) 1 Bedroom Suite (1070 sq ft with kitchen - larger and more spacious)

Possibly they gave you #2 and wanted to move you to a different #2 or #1.

But I agree that the hotel could/should have handled it better.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 8:21 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Are there any decent beaches nearby to the Blue?
Old Jul 30, 2010, 5:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by danger
Are there any decent beaches nearby to the Blue?
It is 15 miles inland.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 7:14 pm

Diamond Upgrade

Does anyone have an answer to post #7? Poster asked, "what is the diamond confirmed suite upgrade at this property?"

Has anyone received a three-bedroom suite as a diamond upgrade?
Old Jan 6, 2011, 6:31 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
3 bedroom villa at the Blue?

Have reserved a 3BR villa at the Blue in Miami. There are 2 couples - anyone have knowledge about how they are laid out, located within the resort, recommended units, etc?

Actually, any information on the resort itself would be appreciated - is this a new hotel within the Hyatt family?

We don't need the beach, so the inland location does not bother us....

TIA!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.