Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

HP Colorado Springs/Garden of the Gods REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2010, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car

This must be a fairly new property, everything was nice and the bathroom / shower were spotless. Lobby was larger than some HPs.

Definitely the nicest HP I've stayed in.

Breakfast fruit was reasonably fresh.

Has an outdoor pool that's fairly big, 20 yards or so, long enough to do laps if they hadn't put a divider across the middle, separating the shallow from the deep end.

Directly off the highway, so much so that I had to go up to an intersection and take a U-turn.

On 'Garden of the Gods' Road, but still several miles from the National Park, though none of the hotels in the area are walking distance.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 7:26 pm
Suspended

This hotel is located literally right off I-25 so its convenient for people on the road. The road side of the hotel might have some noise as there is traffic 24/7 so i might recommend avoiding that side if you don't like road noise. The workout room here like most is really small and inadequate typical hyatt place setup. If you want to stretch your legs gardens of the gods park has several nice walking trails or closer the university right up the road has some nice areas to walk around and some really nice views of pikes peak start at the recreation center parking lot you get an amazing view of pikes peak and then theres some hiking trails right behind it.

This hotel is right down the road from the very scenic and beautiful garden of the gods park. Beautiful park worth a stop over even if you only have a small amount of time. Even driving the loop road gets you some amazing scenery and photos. This hyatt place is also literally right down the road from the "University Colorado Village" which you guessed is located right by a university of Colorado campus, its a very new nice outdoor shopping center with some nice mountain views. It has several nice restaurants for the traveler including noodles &company, smash burger, Chipotle, Panera, a local brew pub going in, cheva juice, and glacier homemade ice cream. There is also a costco in that shopping center has the certificates if anyone needs them for the stay its literally right down the road, less than a mile.

Last edited by SkiUtah; Jun 21, 2010 at 7:38 pm
Old Jun 22, 2010, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by SkiUtah
This hotel is right down the road from the very scenic and beautiful garden of the gods park. Beautiful park worth a stop over even if you only have a small amount of time.
+1, well worth a visit.

The staff at the hotel was really great. Remembered my name right from the start. [Hmmm...maybe that isn't so good. ]

I found the workout room quite substantial, but the pool, as noted, with the barrier across the middle, inadequate.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 10:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, US Air Gold
Originally Posted by SoManyMiles-SoLittleTime
+1, well worth a visit.

The staff at the hotel was really great. Remembered my name right from the start. [Hmmm...maybe that isn't so good. ]

I found the workout room quite substantial, but the pool, as noted, with the barrier across the middle, inadequate.
The internet at this property makes me long for the days of dial up. Maybe it is a spot problem, but currently it takes about 2 minutes to bring up ESPN. I am supposed to stay here one more night but will likely bail because it is impossible to do work that requires an internet connection. The front desk referred me to the 1800 internet provider who assures me everything is working properly. But it definitely isnt
Old Jun 29, 2016, 6:54 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by 4aks
On 'Garden of the Gods' Road, but still several miles from the National Park, though none of the hotels in the area are walking distance.
Garden of the Gods, while well worth a visit, is not a national park.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.