Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Time for 3Q 2010 Summer Promo??? (Speculation Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Time for 3Q 2010 Summer Promo??? (Speculation Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2010, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott- Platinum, IHG - Platinum, Hyatt - Globalist, CC - Gold, Hilton - Diamond, BW - Platinum S
Talking Time for 3Q 2010 Summer Promo??? (Speculation Thread)

Only 10 more days to go for 2Q promo..^

What will be the 3Q promo??????

Will it be something like Summer Promo: 2500 bonus points per stay(Like last summer)???? or even better??
Old Jun 20, 2010, 8:47 pm

Programs: JL Diamond, CX MPC Silver, OW Emerald, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
One thing is for sure, I don't think they will continue to offer those free nights.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 9:30 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Hyatt promos aren't really on quarterly - but whenever they run them.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 9:31 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
I need a break from Hyatt so I can chase after the *wood promo
Old Jun 20, 2010, 10:55 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
I'm only about 7-8 nights away on both Hyatt and SPG on requal for top tier. I hope one of them has a killer promo. SPG 3 stays for 1 weekend night is ok, but is NOT something makes me wanna rack up a whole bunch. If they were gonna make it 3 instead of 2 like the last time, I wish they would have let us use them any day of the week.

I say Hyatt do something with extra points, esp with increase of points required at some properties now (cat 6)
Old Jun 21, 2010, 6:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by silverfalls
Only 10 more days to go for 2Q promo..^

What will be the 3Q promo??????

Will it be something like Summer Promo: 2500 bonus points per stay(Like last summer)???? or even better??
Well since I've requalified, I have zero incentive to stay with Hyatt anyway unless its a promo that really catches my fancy. And after this current promo, I have quite a sour taste in my mouth with Hyatt right now especially when I have issues using my suite upgrades as well.. no I'm not saying I'm abandoning hyatt in anyway but I do have a sour taste with their promo and suite u/g benefits; enough of a sour taste not to give them any business after requalification unless they give me something good (promo wise) to stay with them. And shucks its only mid june right now.

the only thing that I can think of that will catch my fancy is a miles/points promo or a lot of points promo.. double stay is useless to me; FFN's are useless to me (see below); certain cc promos are useless to me; etc

Originally Posted by gijoe24jp
One thing is for sure, I don't think they will continue to offer those free nights.
I hope you are right; I found those absolutely useless this time; I can not find a place to burn one of my FFN's; ok burn is the wrong term; I can burn it at the HP IAD north no problem but of all my trips this spring and summer I came up 0 for and I look every day for my remaining trips and still get zero; No more FFN's for me what a joke it turned out to be this summer
Old Jun 21, 2010, 8:32 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse

I hope you are right; I found those absolutely useless this time; I can not find a place to burn one of my FFN's; ok burn is the wrong term; I can burn it at the HP IAD north no problem but of all my trips this spring and summer I came up 0 for and I look every day for my remaining trips and still get zero; No more FFN's for me what a joke it turned out to be this summer
Wow, that's too bad. I had zero trouble using all of mine. 2 nights at the GH Singapore, 2 nights at the GH HK. And 2 more nights booked at the Hyatt Puerto Rico. The Singapore nights had two rooms, and the HK nights had 3 rooms! Yes, I had a bit of an issue with availability at the GH HK, but after a couple of calls to the Diamond line I guess they figured out a way to get it done. Have you tried PM'ing our resident Hyatt rep about opening up availability for a Diamond?
Old Jun 21, 2010, 8:39 am

Programs: SPG*P, AA*1MM, UA*1P, Hilton*D, Hyatt*D, Sixt*P, Hertz*P, Avis*F, Delta*G
Well since I've requalified, I have zero incentive to stay with Hyatt anyway unless its a promo that really catches my fancy. And after this current promo, I have quite a sour taste in my mouth with Hyatt right now especially when I have issues using my suite upgrades as well.. no I'm not saying I'm abandoning hyatt in anyway but I do have a sour taste with their promo and suite u/g benefits; enough of a sour taste not to give them any business after requalification unless they give me something good (promo wise) to stay with them. And shucks its only mid june right now.
can you elaborate?
Old Jun 21, 2010, 8:44 am

I had mixed experience. Easy to use FFN at NYC, Zurich and Toronto. But can't use it at PH Paris.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 10:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by hobo13
Wow, that's too bad. I had zero trouble using all of mine. 2 nights at the GH Singapore, 2 nights at the GH HK. And 2 more nights booked at the Hyatt Puerto Rico. The Singapore nights had two rooms, and the HK nights had 3 rooms! Yes, I had a bit of an issue with availability at the GH HK, but after a couple of calls to the Diamond line I guess they figured out a way to get it done. Have you tried PM'ing our resident Hyatt rep about opening up availability for a Diamond?
ironically this is one of the places I can't book

Maui (surprise surpise) is another.. this one is such a problem it has its own thread on this forum

Boston financial district I never was able to get (for this weekend just passed)
Old Jun 21, 2010, 1:04 pm

Programs: SWA A-List Preferred & Companion Pass, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz Prez Circle
Originally Posted by hobo13
I too had pretty good luck. 4 nights in Aruba, 5 nights in Curacao and 1 night at the HR O'Hare.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by chanp
I'm only about 7-8 nights away on both Hyatt and SPG on requal for top tier.
Already qualified for both back in March. Finalized Hilton as well last month.

Anyway I am having bit of a Hyatt fatigue after 70+ paid stays this year + all the redemption + at least another 20 free nights that I need to redeem before the end of August.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 4:46 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
I need a break from Hyatt so I can chase after the *wood promo
+1
Old Jun 21, 2010, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
I have no problem getting 7 nights in PH BA, and 3 nights at PH MEL, 2 nights 3 rooms at Carmel

Not sure why the OP has problem using them.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 7:46 pm
Suspended

Does anyone think that now the fasttrack to diamond offer is over we will see something like double stay credit per night in the next one?

Unfortunately I have 20 stays complete this year. Is there any chance hyatt will let me upgrade to diamond early or give me a faster route? Alot of my travel looking forward hyatt is more money than comparable hotels so diamond would cost me some money.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.