Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Diamond Amenity/Points on Award Stay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2010, 8:27 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat

Hi all,

Sorry if this information is already in a different thread -- did a few searches that didn't turn anything up.

Do Diamonds get the welcome amenity (points/F&B) for award stays? On a recent stay, the F&B was offered by FD but I took the points, which never posted. Just wanted to make sure this benefit exists for award stays before I call into GP.

Thanks!
Old Jun 15, 2010, 8:42 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Originally Posted by fsfsfsfs
Hi all,

Sorry if this information is already in a different thread -- did a few searches that didn't turn anything up.

Do Diamonds get the welcome amenity (points/F&B) for award stays? On a recent stay, the F&B was offered by FD but I took the points, which never posted. Just wanted to make sure this benefit exists for award stays before I call into GP.

Thanks!
Hi there fsfsfsfs,

Diamond members do get the diamond welcome amenity for award stays. Feel free to PM me the stay date, GP account, and name on the stay/account and I'll be happy to add those points for you.

Geoff B.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Gold Passport Concierge,

Will we get 2500 on lounge closed on award night?
Old Jun 15, 2010, 6:00 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by karung99
Gold Passport Concierge,

I've gotten that too on award nights.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 10:56 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Originally Posted by karung99
Gold Passport Concierge,

You do receive the bonus for the Club being close on award nights.

Sincerly,
Chrissi R.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 3:45 pm

Its absolutely amazing that you could have a 5000 pt stay actually net to only 1500 pts cost (-5000+1000+2500=-1500).
Have a category 1 hotel screw up your bed type and they're paying YOU to stay. Love Hyatt!
Old Aug 7, 2010, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by awpeters
Its absolutely amazing that you could have a 5000 pt stay actually net to only 1500 pts cost (-5000+1000+2500=-1500).
Have a category 1 hotel screw up your bed type and they're paying YOU to stay. Love Hyatt!
lol very true.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 5:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Do many 1* hotels have lounges?
Old Aug 8, 2010, 8:06 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Do many 1* hotels have lounges?
Likely not many, but Hyatt Merida (Mexico) and Hyatt Kathmandu are both level 1s with lounges. However, I agree there aren't many.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 11:34 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Likely not many, but Hyatt Merida (Mexico) and Hyatt Kathmandu are both level 1s with lounges. However, I agree there aren't many.
... and for the lounge-related bonus points to happen, the lounge would have to be closed during the stay.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 11:40 am

sorry this is OT, is there a thread that shows properties with lounges that are closed (even if they are closed only on weekends)?
Old Aug 8, 2010, 11:55 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by 1K+
sorry this is OT, is there a thread that shows properties with lounges that are closed (even if they are closed only on weekends)?
Nope - we tried a thread with "open" RC/GC a few years ago - but things change too much for such a thread to be anywhere near accurate.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
You do receive the bonus for the Club being close on award nights.

Sincerly,
Chrissi R.
Chrissi, what about bed type guarantee? I had this happen on an award stay and the bed type notation appeared in my account but with 0 points.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
Nope - we tried a thread with "open" RC/GC a few years ago - but things change too much for such a thread to be anywhere near accurate.
ok thanks peteropny.

cheers.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 8:43 am

Location: District of Columbia, Maryland- AA 2M Life Platinum, UA 1K, TK Gold, BA Silver, IC RA, Fairmont/Marriott Platinum, SPG/Hilton/Omni Gold, Wynn/Makers Mark Ambassador, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Chairmans, National Executive
So just got back from burning 4 awards in Europe and Asia. When I called Hyatt, I was told 1k Diamond Amenity (1W) does not apply to international properties!? Does this sound correct? Would be good to know for future travel so I know whether to accept the fruit/wine instead.

Did research and found this thread so any input would be great, otherwise will email or call GP again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.