Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt House Boulder/Broomfield CO - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jun 11, 2010, 1:54 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I guess i am the first person to review this hotel

The check in staff understandably slow at check in since the whole system is so new.

I am literally the first person to ever stay in my room so everything is perfect and super clean. Really nice. I think this is my new favorite Hyatt in the Denver metro area. Plus i like the part that i was the first person to ever stay in a room. I might try to request "my" room when i return.

The hotel is much more modern looking than the summerfield suites in Denver Tech CEnter (DTC) for example. It looks alot like an aloft married a regular summerfield suites. Same great whirlpool gold appliances and just a great modern looking room. Pretty standard SS amenities. Close to the flatirons mall on the opposite side of 36 though. It is pretty close to 36.

The bathroom is pretty modern looking. Its great except instead of the usual tub/shower it only has a shower and its the see thru glass type. The bathroom is the most modern looking difference over the SS DTC. The room was equipped with both wired and wireless internet. The internet was really fast but i think that was because there were so few guests on opening night. The TV was very nice and swiveled between the living room and bedroom in the studio room. The TV was smaller than i usually get in DTC though. DVD player attached.

One big improvement i see over the DTC SS is I don't see a motion sensor in my room so when you set the thermostat it looks like it will stay on.

Check out was also slow as they had no idea how to input AA miles instead of points. Overall i would recommend if you want to be north and west of Denver.

Parking is of course free. The breakfast area does not have as much serving area as the HSS DTC but there are more tables and they are much nicer. It feels more like a real restaurant with some nice views of the nearby flatirons.

-------------------------------------------
Be careful when you try to locate this hotel as the road is new. The actual address of the hotel is 13351 west midway boulevard broomfield. I would recommend following the hotel directions that are recorded if you call the hotel.

Temporarily since its so new that wont come up on garmins/mapquest temporarily until it gets updated. If you use the recommended range or the highest one it will take you to the completely wrong area. The street is two unconnected parts and its a real hassle to go back so id follow the hotel directions. There are two unconnected parts of west midway in Broomfield. If you use the highest numbered address it will take you to the wrong one. Its not far away but is more confusing than it looks to get between the two as the one is a dead end in a commercial park.

Use 13400 via varra broomfield co a if you really need to use a nav system. It is also a new road but has been a little longer and is in some systems if you updated recently and is on mapquest and online sources.

Last edited by SkiUtah; Jun 11, 2010 at 3:15 pm
Old Jun 17, 2010, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLT, Marriott PLT, Hertz PC,National EE
I "stayed" there on the 11th. It's a pretty nice hotel. Very new/modern. This was a MR, so I didn't spend much time here, but the front desk people were really friendly and apparently I was the first person to use the room.

I had to turn the valves underneath the sink on to make the water work!
Old Jun 17, 2010, 8:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
Nuts, wish I had noticed this opened this week. - It wasn't yet bookable when I planned my trip back in May - I stayed in a 'Boulder' Courtyard that wasn't really Boulder at all, might as well been one neighborhood over to get another Hyatt stay

The Courtyard breakfast was good though
Old Jun 17, 2010, 8:53 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond, 10% progress towards lifetime Hyatt Diamond
Stayed there the last two nights. Staff is friendly, accommodating. While I like the room setup at the DIA Summerfield a little better, this hotel is definitely the cream of the crop for North/West of Denver.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pizzaman
Stayed there the last two nights. Staff is friendly, accommodating. While I like the room setup at the DIA Summerfield a little better, this hotel is definitely the cream of the crop for North/West of Denver.
I was there this week as well.

Pluses: new, friendly staff, convenient location, practical room configuration, spacious shower, free parking, morning newspaper
Minuses: no diamond recognition or upgrade, smallish 32" (maybe 37") TV, odd light blue painted bathroom walls, horrible sheets that felt like sandpaper (perhaps too new)

Overall at least for my room it felt like a new Hyatt Place (same couch too) but much better configured. A great option for the area.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA, CO, EVA, UA, Hyatt PLT, SPG
Originally Posted by azepine00

Overall at least for my room it felt like a new Hyatt Place (same couch too) but much better configured. A great option for the area.
Is it being like a Hyatt Place a good or a bad thing?
Old Jun 18, 2010, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PFKMan23
Is it being like a Hyatt Place a good or a bad thing?
It depends on your expectations.

If you expect a HP-like hotel and compare it against Courtyards, Garden Inns and Holiday Inns - it will definitely exceed your expectations.

If your reference point is a full service Hyatt (or in this case nearby Westin or Renaissance), with status perks etc this may be a letdown.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA, CO, EVA, UA, Hyatt PLT, SPG
I expect a Residence Inn type place so I think I'd be fine.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 10:34 pm

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
I've stayed here a couple of times and so far everything is great. The people in the front desk might be slow, but are catching up very fast. The rooms are fresh and great since everything is very new. Breakfast is what we would expect from a HSS and is okay. The TV has many HD channels. Definitely a hotel to return to!

Note: For Diamond members, please check if your Diamond bonus got posted.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 9:52 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
TH is staying here twice this week. The hotel is still out-gassing, keep that in mind if you are sensitive to such things. She reports that the rooms are nice and suburban and the windows open and that is a plus.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Just finished a three night stay at this property. Still feels new, but the staff isn't noticeably slower than elsewhere, yet very friendly. Was recognized as a Diamond member at check-in and given a one bed-room suite. Overall, I agree with the previous posts, it's definitely a very nice and well-run property.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 6:17 pm

Programs: SPG Gold-no diff than Plat, so who cares; Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, US CP
Just finished a 1 night stay. Had breakfast, but missed the reception due to an event I had to go to. I can see where the Hyatt Place comparisons come in (I forgot a couple of times I was in a SS, not a HP), but I think this overall is an excellent SS, and probably the best one I've stayed in. Still feels very new; room is a good size with a full kitchen in the Studio. Bathroom is big, with a huge walk in shower. Service is outstanding--front desk staff is really friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was also one of the stronger I've seen in a SS. Fast internet, great beds and layout. An A+ choice.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Very old thread...any thoughts on the HH Broomfield vs. the HP Westminster?
Old Apr 3, 2019, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I stayed at the HH Broomfield last year. Nice place. Good staff. Clean. Big rooms. Functional. I would stay again.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 10:55 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Former is closer to my customer, and was cheaper than that HP (and FAR cheaper than the HP Boulder).

Showing its age a bit but everything worked, the bed was comfy, and I never ran into an empty coffee urn downstairs in the morning; I don't eat breakfast but my co-worker said it was not very good. My one complaint is that the shower head needs a good vinegar soak to remove the mineral deposits. I do not use housekeeping services if the stay is under 5-6 nights other than putting the trash can/recycling outside the door, so no idea about that.

There's a Starbucks a short walk away, along with a decent pizza shop. Otherwise there's no fooding options nearby.

Avis gave me a plug-in hybrid, but the HH has no charging stations. The Audi dealer behind it does, and it's accessible after hours. J1772-only.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.