FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   ffn rewards: Capacity Limits / Blackouts? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1087612-ffn-rewards-capacity-limits-blackouts.html)

nittanydave May 21, 2010 5:15 am

ffn rewards: Capacity Limits / Blackouts?

hello, i am trying to redeem 2 FFN nites at the Cambridge MD Hyatt in August: The GoldPassport site is showing that it is not available for the free nights while if i check rates online there are rates showing as available.

Does anyone know if there are capacity limits on rooms or blackouts and / or have you had similar experiences? Thanks for your feedback!

meecal May 21, 2010 7:14 am

Originally Posted by nittanydave (Post 13997088)
hello, i am trying to redeem 2 FFN nites at the Cambridge MD Hyatt in August: The GoldPassport site is showing that it is not available for the free nights while if i check rates online there are rates showing as available.

Does anyone know if there are capacity limits on rooms or blackouts and / or have you had similar experiences? Thanks for your feedback!

Try one night at a time. If that doesn't work, call GoldPassport customer service. If they say there are no rooms available for award redemption, have a look at the multiple other threads in this forum on that topic. :)

cmjaffe May 21, 2010 12:23 pm

Standard room?

Don't forget the guarantee also has to do with "standard" rooms... not deluxe, premium view etc. It's the lowest graded room, though if you're Plat or Diamond you are usually upgraded.

TrojanHorse May 21, 2010 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by meecal (Post 13997506)
Try one night at a time. If that doesn't work, call GoldPassport customer service. If they say there are no rooms available for award redemption, have a look at the multiple other threads in this forum on that topic. :)

one night at a time will help if say Sat is available but not Sunday; if you do both days at once and one isn't available.. then it won't show up at all as available

FlynGyn May 21, 2010 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse (Post 14000976)
one night at a time will help if say Sat is available but not Sunday; if you do both days at once and one isn't available.. then it won't show up at all as available

I ran into this over July 4th weekend -- I ended up using a FFN cert for one night and points for the others. The first agent I spoke with simply said that the dates weren't available using FFN certs -- the second agent dug a little deeper and found out why (one night wasn't FFN available) then found away to make it work for me.

^

peteropny May 22, 2010 7:15 am

Originally Posted by FlynGyn (Post 14001703)
I ran into this over July 4th weekend -- I ended up using a FFN cert for one night and points for the others. The first agent I spoke with simply said that the dates weren't available using FFN certs -- the second agent dug a little deeper and found out why (one night wasn't FFN available) then found away to make it work for me.

^

Is your other nights the "base" points room? If so, FFN should be available, I'd call back and ask them to convert those to use FFN and return the points to your account. A friend of mine recently ran into this and that was the final resolution. The inventory for "base" points room & FFN room is supposed to be the same anyways.

cmjaffe May 22, 2010 7:26 am

May also have a minimum stay requirement?

This is what I found at GH NYC for Thanksgiving weekend.
Couldn't find a "standard" room available to reserve for $$ or points for Thursday/Friday night (one or two nights) BUT could find it available for booking Thursday - Sunday night (checking out on Monday). Don't really want to stay that long, only really need to have a place to sleep on Thursday night (will stay in NJ on Wednesday night on $$ since it's cheaper and a quick ride in). Also wanted to make the ressie NOW before the increase in points.
I'll just call Diamond desk to trim the ressie down now (cut out Sunday night) and then trim again when our plans are definite

Renard May 22, 2010 5:34 pm

I ran into this with the lost pines resort in July... they said that one of the sat nights was available for booking with points for a standard room but not with BWB nights. I said to the agent "Oh so the availability for using BWB is different than the availability for points' and he said "yes there is something called 'promo availability'." :(

tusflyer May 22, 2010 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by Renard (Post 14005628)
I ran into this with the lost pines resort in July... they said that one of the sat nights was available for booking with points for a standard room but not with BWB nights. I said to the agent "Oh so the availability for using BWB is different than the availability for points' and he said "yes there is something called 'promo availability'." :(

I was told something similar for Huntington Beach. So what happens when too many BWB awards are chasing too few "promo availability" rooms?

FD1971 May 23, 2010 3:13 am

Originally Posted by tusflyer (Post 14005659)
So what happens when too many BWB awards are chasing too few "promo availability" rooms?

...discussions on FT get started!

Seriously, though, do not expect the resorts to be easily available for the upcoming national holiday weekends. Key West used to be very difficult to get even on regular weekends during previous FFN promos.

Places like Tahoe, Huntington Beach, Lost Pines or Hill Country sell out frequently over summer holiday weekends, not to mention national holiday weekends...