Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt.com/GP.com---Website Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2010, 2:12 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge
Original Poster

Dear Flyertalk Community,

While I am aware that there is currently a thread concerning the issues you may have encountered on our Hyatt.com website, I have taken the liberty of starting a new thread on this topic.

The purpose of this thread is to help provide us with specific details of the problems that are being encountered on a user level.

The reason for starting a new thread, as opposed to utilizing the old one, is for quality monitoring purposes, and making sure that the issues that we are looking into are current and applicable to our new website.

When posting an issue onto this thread, I ask that you specify whether it occurred on the Hyatt.com or the GoldPassport.com website, and to provide as many details as possible. Screenshots are welcome, and will allow us to pinpoint your specific error. However, please keep in mind to "black-out" any personal information.

My hope is that this thread will assist us in making our website more efficient, and enable us to proactively take care of your concerns. Thank you all in advance for your help and support!

Sincerely,
Karen Smith
Old May 6, 2010, 2:46 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Please note that this thread has "replaced" the "old" thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...-problems.html (which has now been unstickied and locked). Please post problems encountered to this thread.

Thank you!!!

peteropny - co-moderator - Hyatt
Old May 7, 2010, 9:33 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
And I would suggest in keeping with the spirit of Karen's offer, that this thread be just for factual reporting of issues that we run into, free of rancor or opinions.
Old May 7, 2010, 11:43 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by stevens397
And I would suggest in keeping with the spirit of Karen's offer, that this thread be just for factual reporting of issues that we run into, free of rancor or opinions.
Thank you - I agree - to make this thread as useful as possible.
Old May 7, 2010, 1:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, HH Gold, AA Gold, UA3P, DL proletariat, proud Costco Executive member
GRRR

Hi all. I will kick it off. I am trying to make reservations for my parents' 50th anniversary, for which certain days of my stay are unavailable. Lots of trial and error involved. When I input the dates, and try to reserve, I get a kaleidoscope of errors, starting with the dreaded HTTP Status 500 error. When trying to go back to the input screen, no data is retained, requiring me to reenter everything. Sometimes it happens at the room selection screen, other times after inputting name, addy, cc, etc. Now I am getting the session timeout when just starting fresh. It is very frustrating. I have limited time to do this, and have now spent about an hour this time.
Old May 9, 2010, 4:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Passport
JBoss Error

After selecting dates of stay at a location, at the booking screen i wanted to price a few other dates so I attempt to edit the reservation to update the date and I get the following JBoss error. The website is http://jacksonvilleairport.place.hya...equestid=10646, but issue has occurred at several different Hyatt location websites.

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: atg.servlet.jsp.ContainerJspException: Found an intermediate null property CurrentReservation trying to set property /atg/userprofiling/ReservationFormHandler.CurrentReservation.stepsHol der.changeReservationURL
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doHandle PageException(PageContextImpl.java:851)
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePa geException(PageContextImpl.java:784)
org.apache.jsp.reservations.flow6.place.propSelect edHotelRates_jsp._jspService(propSelectedHotelRate s_jsp.java:460)
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(Http JspBase.java:70)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:717)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.servic e(JspServletWrapper.java:387)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFil e(JspServlet.java:320)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspSe rvlet.java:266)
atg.servlet.pipeline.TailPipelineServlet.service(T ailPipelineServlet.java:90)
atg.servlet.pipeline.PipelineableServletImpl.passR equest(PipelineableServletImpl.java:116)
atg.servlet.pipeline.DispatcherPipelineServletImpl .service(DispatcherPipelineServletImpl.java:202)
atg.servlet.pipeline.PipelineableServletImpl.passR equest(PipelineableServletImpl.java:116)
atg.servlet.http.CookieBufferServlet.service(Cooki eBufferServlet.java:97)
atg.userprofiling.ExpiredPasswordServlet.service(E xpiredPasswordServlet.java:356)
atg.servlet.pipeline.MimeTyperPipelineServlet.serv ice(MimeTyperPipelineServlet.java:206)
atg.droplet.DropletEventServlet.service(DropletEve ntServlet.java:565)
com.hyatt.util.ContextPathPipelineUtil.service(Con textPathPipelineUtil.java:181)
com.hyatt.NoCacheServlet.service(NoCacheServlet.ja va:33)
com.hyatt.reporting.ReportingCookieServlet.service (ReportingCookieServlet.java:110)
com.hyatt.tracking.TrackingCookieServlet.service(T rackingCookieServlet.java:173)
atg.servlet.sessionsaver.SessionSaverServlet.servi ce(SessionSaverServlet.java:2442)
atg.userprofiling.AccessControlServlet.service(Acc essControlServlet.java:602)
atg.userprofiling.PageEventTriggerPipelineServlet. service(PageEventTriggerPipelineServlet.java:169)
atg.userprofiling.SessionEventTrigger.service(Sess ionEventTrigger.java:461)
atg.userprofiling.ProfileRequestServlet.service(Pr ofileRequestServlet.java:480)
com.hyatt.cet.RedirectUrl.service(RedirectUrl.java :595)
atg.servlet.pipeline.DynamoPipelineServlet.service (DynamoPipelineServlet.java:469)
atg.servlet.pipeline.PathAuthenticationPipelineSer vlet.service(PathAuthenticationPipelineServlet.jav a:370)
atg.userprofiling.sso.PassportServlet.service(Pass portServlet.java:561)
atg.servlet.security.ThreadUserBinderServlet.servi ce(ThreadUserBinderServlet.java:91)
atg.servlet.pipeline.HeadPipelineServlet.passReque st(HeadPipelineServlet.java:1100)
atg.servlet.pipeline.HeadPipelineServlet.service(H eadPipelineServlet.java:782)
atg.servlet.pipeline.PipelineableServletImpl.servi ce(PipelineableServletImpl.java:231)
atg.filter.dspjsp.PageFilter.doFilter(Unknown Source)
org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doF ilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)

root cause

javax.servlet.ServletException: Found an intermediate null property CurrentReservation trying to set property /atg/userprofiling/ReservationFormHandler.CurrentReservation.stepsHol der.changeReservationURL
atg.droplet.DropletDescriptor.setPropertyValue(Dro pletDescriptor.java:868)
atg.taglib.dspjsp.SetValueTag.doStartTag(Unknown Source)
atg.taglib.dspjsp.elwrap.SetValueTagWrapper.doStar tTag(Unknown Source)
org.apache.jsp.reservations.flow6.place.propSelect edHotelRates_jsp._jspx_meth_dsp_005fsetvalue_005f2 (propSelectedHotelRates_jsp.java:8399)
org.apache.jsp.reservations.flow6.place.propSelect edHotelRates_jsp._jspx_meth_tiles_005finsert_005f2 (propSelectedHotelRates_jsp.java:8289)
org.apache.jsp.reservations.flow6.place.propSelect edHotelRates_jsp._jspx_meth_c_005fotherwise_005f6( propSelectedHotelRates_jsp.java:8194)
org.apache.jsp.reservations.flow6.place.propSelect edHotelRates_jsp._jspx_meth_c_005fchoose_005f7(pro pSelectedHotelRates_jsp.java:6412)
org.apache.jsp.reservations.flow6.place.propSelect edHotelRates_jsp._jspx_meth_tiles_005fput_005f1(pr opSelectedHotelRates_jsp.java:6205)
org.apache.jsp.reservations.flow6.place.propSelect edHotelRates_jsp._jspx_meth_tiles_005finsert_005f0 (propSelectedHotelRates_jsp.java:6064)
org.apache.jsp.reservations.flow6.place.propSelect edHotelRates_jsp._jspx_meth_dsp_005fpage_005f3(pro pSelectedHotelRates_jsp.java:5752)
org.apache.jsp.reservations.flow6.place.propSelect edHotelRates_jsp._jspService(propSelectedHotelRate s_jsp.java:453)
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(Http JspBase.java:70)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.servic e(JspServletWrapper.java:387)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFil e(JspServlet.java:320)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspSe rvlet.java:266)
atg.servlet.pipeline.TailPipelineServlet.service(T ailPipelineServlet.java:90)
atg.servlet.pipeline.DispatcherPipelineServletImpl .service(DispatcherPipelineServletImpl.java:202)
atg.servlet.http.CookieBufferServlet.service(Cooki eBufferServlet.java:97)
atg.userprofiling.ExpiredPasswordServlet.service(E xpiredPasswordServlet.java:356)
atg.servlet.pipeline.MimeTyperPipelineServlet.serv ice(MimeTyperPipelineServlet.java:206)
atg.droplet.DropletEventServlet.service(DropletEve ntServlet.java:565)
com.hyatt.util.ContextPathPipelineUtil.service(Con textPathPipelineUtil.java:181)
com.hyatt.reporting.ReportingCookieServlet.service (ReportingCookieServlet.java:110)
com.hyatt.tracking.TrackingCookieServlet.service(T rackingCookieServlet.java:173)
atg.servlet.sessionsaver.SessionSaverServlet.servi ce(SessionSaverServlet.java:2442)
atg.userprofiling.PageEventTriggerPipelineServlet. service(PageEventTriggerPipelineServlet.java:169)
atg.userprofiling.ProfileRequestServlet.service(Pr ofileRequestServlet.java:480)
atg.servlet.pipeline.DynamoPipelineServlet.service (DynamoPipelineServlet.java:469)
atg.servlet.pipeline.PathAuthenticationPipelineSer vlet.service(PathAuthenticationPipelineServlet.jav a:370)
atg.servlet.security.ThreadUserBinderServlet.servi ce(ThreadUserBinderServlet.java:91)
atg.servlet.pipeline.HeadPipelineServlet.passReque st(HeadPipelineServlet.java:1100)
atg.servlet.pipeline.PipelineableServletImpl.servi ce(PipelineableServletImpl.java:231)
org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doF ilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the JBossWeb/2.0.0.GA_CP logs.
JBossWeb/2.0.0.GA_CP
Old May 11, 2010, 10:26 am

Programs: IHG Spire Elite; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Preferred+; Club Carlson Gold; SW CP
Using Google Chrome browser....

When I go to the GoldPassport.com site my name shows up and a blank password field shows up, as expected. I have to enter my password and click the Sign In button to proceed. The problem is that when I enter my password and then click the Sign In button, nothing happens. Literally. My workaround is to click the "I'm not FIRSTNAME LASTNAME" link twice (clicking it the 1st time does nothing). That brings me to a slightly different page where entering my GP number and password and clicking Sign In button does work.
Old May 11, 2010, 1:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP,MR PP,Hyatt Diam, SPG Plat,PC Plat, HH Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by meecal
Using Google Chrome browser....

When I go to the GoldPassport.com site my name shows up and a blank password field shows up, as expected. I have to enter my password and click the Sign In button to proceed. The problem is that when I enter my password and then click the Sign In button, nothing happens. Literally. My workaround is to click the "I'm not FIRSTNAME LASTNAME" link twice (clicking it the 1st time does nothing). That brings me to a slightly different page where entering my GP number and password and clicking Sign In button does work.
That's been exactly my story for as long as I can remember.
Old May 12, 2010, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by travelismylife
That's been exactly my story for as long as I can remember.
Same here. My username is constantly getting dropped from my account. I need to login with my GP# and then re-enter my username. I'll have to do this once a week or every two weeks.

EDIT:
This happens on the Hyatt.com site

Last edited by kenbo; May 12, 2010 at 12:19 pm
Old May 12, 2010, 11:54 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge
Original Poster

Flyertalk Members,

The department tasked with improving our websites has informed me that they have located the source of the 500 errors and are currently working on a solution. While a fix will not happen in the next day or two, we are hoping to have this issue resolved shortly. Now that they know exactly when/where the problem lies, it will be much easier to correct this type of error. In the meantime, please continue to post issues that you are coming across, including the 500 errors.

Our IT department will continue to look into the other problems that have arisen with our respective websites, and I will be sure to keep you all informed as they are fixed. Thanks for taking the time to bring these issues to my attention!

Kind Regards,
Karen Smith
Old May 13, 2010, 5:43 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
one more 500

Checking Phoenix for May 14; then going back and changing date to May 15 gave this:
TTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

java.lang.NullPointerException
com.hyatt.userprofiling.ReservationFormHandler.set SessionId(ReservationFormHandler.java:5860)
com.hyatt.userprofiling.ReservationFormHandler.han dleCorporateCheckAreaAvail(ReservationFormHandler. java:1503)
sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1405.invoke(Unk nown Source)
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:592)
atg.droplet.EventSender.sendEvent(EventSender.java :582)
atg.droplet.FormTag.doSendEvents(FormTag.java:791)
atg.droplet.FormTag.sendEvents(FormTag.java:640)
atg.droplet.DropletEventServlet.sendEvents(Droplet EventServlet.java:523)
atg.droplet.DropletEventServlet.service(DropletEve ntServlet.java:550)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the JBossWeb/2.0.0.GA_CP logs.
Old May 13, 2010, 9:13 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
I believe the speed of the website is the slowest of any major corporation. It occurs on PCs, Macs and phone devices.
Old May 14, 2010, 10:39 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
One consistent issue I have noticed is with broken links to hotel properties from my reservations view.

1. Sign in to Hyatt.com with Gold Passport profile
2. Go to My Reservations page: http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/reservati...servations.jsp
3. Directly underneath each reservation confirmation, the name of the hotel is listed as a blue link. However, each link points to http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/reservations/null rather than the property's home page on hyatt.com.

This is highly frustrating as it means I have to type the name of the hotel into a search engine to actually get to the hotel's page. If anyone can confirm that this happens to them, maybe that will increase the priority of this issue.
Old May 14, 2010, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I can't log into either site with either my GP# or my user id. I'm using IE7.

The message I receive is:

An unexpected error has occurred while attempting to process your request. Please try again later. For assistance, please contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 1-800-30-HYATT or your nearest Worldwide Reservation Center.
Old May 14, 2010, 3:24 pm
Community Director Emerita

I have not been able to log onto goldpassport.com much of the day. I get this message:

An unexpected error has occurred while attempting to process your request. Please try again later. For assistance, please contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 1-800-30-HYATT or your nearest Worldwide Reservation Center.

I am using Firefox 3.6.3.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.