Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt.com/GP.com---Website Issues

Hyatt.com/GP.com---Website Issues

Old May 30, 2016, 3:05 pm

Is the website down again? I can't seem to log into GP today due to "an unexpected error".
Old May 30, 2016, 4:14 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by MaxVO
Is the website down again? I can't seem to log into GP today due to "an unexpected error".
It happens to me a lot. I either switch to another browser or I go to the Hyatt.com website. I have three browsers on my computer, Firefox, Opera and Safari. Generally I can get onto Hyatt with one of them. It happens a lot that one or two of them won't work or will work for a bit and then stop. It's really frustrating.

OK, coming back to add that the website is actually down. I just tried to launch it and get this message (in red):

The Hyatt Gold Passport system is undergoing maintenance at this time.
Old May 30, 2016, 8:19 pm
SST

Four hours later, still down. Grrrrrrr.
Old May 31, 2016, 9:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The idiot website now defaults to searching for 31 day stays . . . e.g., I enter June 4 as my arrival date, and it defaults to a July 5 departure. I almost booked one of these before I realized what had happened.

Seriously Hyatt???
Old May 31, 2016, 12:16 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by Kacee
The idiot website now defaults to searching for 31 day stays . . . e.g., I enter June 4 as my arrival date, and it defaults to a July 5 departure. I almost booked one of these before I realized what had happened.

Seriously Hyatt???

WOW - you are right, just checked if it's not a user error... but no, really, I entered Jun 15, and it defaulted to July 16 check-out...

working for an IT company myself... I wonder who wrote all these use cases and how user acceptance testing was done....
Old Jun 7, 2016, 12:17 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry, Hertz 5*
Having major issues (basically unable to login or change my password) logging into Hyatt.com.

Called Diamond helpdesk, they said the system is going through maintenance.

-AD
Old Jun 8, 2016, 6:42 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by hailstorm
You need to bring up the results for a specific hotel, not a list of hotels.
Thanks for this. I get (I guess) that they might want to disable the ability to search an area and see all the hotels and their points options, but not having the "redeem gold passport" link go to a page saying "search the hotel, and then check the gold passport points requirement" is just dumb.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 4:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Anyone else experiencing issues with points not deducting from your GP account when making an award reservation?
Old Jun 20, 2016, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by invalyd
Anyone else experiencing issues with points not deducting from your GP account when making an award reservation?
Wouldn't that be a good thing? You could lock in many future points reservations ahead of actually earning the points to make them.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 8:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Wouldn't that be a good thing? You could lock in many future points reservations ahead of actually earning the points to make them.
True. I just don't want to get hit with a negative balance out of nowhere
Old Jun 20, 2016, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by invalyd
True. I just don't want to get hit with a negative balance out of nowhere
The T&C actually states that points are deducted "within three days" of a booking.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Hyatt.com doesn't load, but other Hyatt hotel site does.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 4:32 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Welcome in the wonderful work of Hyatt IT... don't forget that you give your personnal data and credit card informations to such amateurs... SCARY if you ask me!
Old Jun 30, 2016, 1:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Newly designed GP site, and of course none of my reservations are showing, which is really a pain, since I had several I wanted to cancel today!

And all my activity is listed according to the date posted, rather than the date of the activity, which really messes up all the award (P&C point deductions and DSU applications/cancellations).

Last edited by OsakaWino; Jun 30, 2016 at 1:18 am
Old Jun 30, 2016, 1:18 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Newly designed GP site, and of course none of my reservations are showing, which is really a pain, since I had several I wanted to cancel today
They are there, just not easy to find.
you need to select "My Account", it will default to "Account Details", then scroll down to "My Reservations".

My next upcoming reservation shows up on the main screen after logon. I would expect to be able to click to "view all reservations" or something.

Nice design, but not thoroughly thought-out.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.