Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt.com/GP.com---Website Issues

Hyatt.com/GP.com---Website Issues

Old May 9, 2016, 4:02 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by tiffany
I cant redeem free night award from the hyatt website. no "reserve" button under my award. Did they change the rule? only bookable through 800 number? thank you.
I have not clicked through yet, but if you pick the hotel, and choose "Hyatt Points & Awards", you'll see the points and your free night(s).
Old May 22, 2016, 10:42 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Since the botched system maintenance at the start of the year, each time I make a reservation on hyatt.com I'm asked to input my address details, even thought I'm already logged into my HGP account and my address details are saved there. It pre-populates my name and country only, nothing else. I reported it to GP in Australia in early February who said they would forward it to GP in the US, noting they were aware of the issue. Still nothing.

Name:  itm9j7E.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  48.1 KB

I also find it ridiculous that when you retrieve one of your future reservations through your GP account it only shows your room preference, not the room actually booked.
Old May 23, 2016, 6:23 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA, UA
Originally Posted by danger
Since the botched system maintenance at the start of the year, each time I make a reservation on hyatt.com I'm asked to input my address details, even thought I'm already logged into my HGP account and my address details are saved there. It pre-populates my name and country only, nothing else. I reported it to GP in Australia in early February who said they would forward it to GP in the US, noting they were aware of the issue. Still nothing.

Attachment 12855

I also find it ridiculous that when you retrieve one of your future reservations through your GP account it only shows your room preference, not the room actually booked.
If you go to My Profile where your addresses are, do you see the radio button enabled for Home? I had to switch mine from Business (which is blank and I have never used it) to Home and now it populates just fine.

Old May 23, 2016, 7:59 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by nakataboi
If you go to My Profile where your addresses are, do you see the radio button enabled for Home? I had to switch mine from Business (which is blank and I have never used it) to Home and now it populates just fine.

Knock me over with a feather! It worked.

Thank you.

Hard to believe (or not) that two separate emails to Hyatt in Australia over a three month period yielded donuts, but one post here fixed the problem.

Thanks again.
Old May 24, 2016, 12:59 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

That solution has been posted before :-). I guess they messed up the conversion and you have to manually correct it (once). Hyatt IT at its best...
Old May 25, 2016, 11:05 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Hyatt site down again, during prime business hours?
doing housekeeping again....
Old May 25, 2016, 11:29 am

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
I so hate Hyatt's IT issues. As I've said before on FT, why doesn't Hyatt put up a notification the night before like every other major company that relies on Internet revenue does? If this is not a preplanned outage and the site has again crashed then people need to be fired. Hire some competent IT people.

I have 4 separate Hyatt reservations I was just about to make. In each city I have 5 or more Hyatt hotel choices so on line price checking is required. Having a telephone agent check every price I can use at every hotel is going to take forever and I cant spend that time on a telephone right now.

I also can't just say that I'm moving my brand from Hyatt unless I want to abandoned my Hyatt Diamond for next year as I love my Hyatt points and status for vacation.

Over a barrel again. Really wish someone at Hyatt would take notice of this major ongoing issue and get it resolved.

Hyatt.com, GoldPassport.com and other related sites are currently down for maintenance. We apologize for this inconvenience and are working hard to get everything in order and back online. Please come back soon!
Old May 26, 2016, 12:10 am
formerly a193991

OK - so I am someone who has posted on FT, that I have never experienced any issues with points not posting, wrong amount of points being posted or stays not posted at all.

This is now the first time, a stay has not posted... Hyatt Centric South Beach.
I have gone to the gp.com to do an online past stay request, BUT you cannot do so for Hyatt Centric South Beach.

1) I could not find the city it's in: "Miami Beach", so I picked "Miami"
2) from the available options to chose the correct brand, only "Hyatt Hotels & Resorts" seems the right category. A "Centric" is neither Andaz, nor HP, nor HH, nor Ziva/Zilara nor a vacation club.
3) the pull down menu only gives me the option of the HR Miami or HR Coral Gables.

Weird... out of curiosity, I checked how to claim for the Centric in Chicago... This cannot be done either.
Then checked Long Beach - same story, only HR Long Beach can be requested, not the "Hyatt Centric The Pike"

What sort of "tool" is this???

note: a hotel MUST be selected, in order to submit the request, leaving the selection at "All Hyatts in Miami, FL area" does not work. So back to e-mail again in that case... would have been so much easier to do so online.
Attached Images  
Old May 26, 2016, 2:08 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

They simply didn't update this page to include all the new brands/labels they have been developing. I see little use for the page anyway.... simply send an e-mail including your reservation details and you will get the stay credit and points.
Old May 26, 2016, 8:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by RTW1
They simply didn't update this page to include all the new brands/labels they have been developing. I see little use for the page anyway.... simply send an e-mail including your reservation details and you will get the stay credit and points.
Personally I would just call Hyatt CS. Talk to a person and they can pull it up right then and there.
Old May 26, 2016, 9:05 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

An e-mail takes about 30 seconds... a call at least a few minutes :-).
Old May 26, 2016, 9:10 am
formerly a193991

already e-mailed.
my point was more, that the website is not up to date...
Old May 26, 2016, 9:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by RTW1
An e-mail takes about 30 seconds... a call at least a few minutes :-).
But an email, you have to wait on a response. I get satisfaction out of knowing it's done right now. Plus if there's any questions or confusion, they can ask me right then instead of going back and forth.
Old May 26, 2016, 1:23 pm
formerly a193991

Originally Posted by cdancer20
But an email, you have to wait on a response. I get satisfaction out of knowing it's done right now. Plus if there's any questions or confusion, they can ask me right then instead of going back and forth.
stay has posted within about 3 hours. Hyatt CS is really good, always made great experiences.
Old May 27, 2016, 7:22 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
It kinda looks nicer now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.