Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt.com/GP.com---Website Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt.com/GP.com---Website Issues

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2016, 12:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by fuzzynet
I have been trying to reserve my free nights since I got my credit card with them and it never shows a reserve button. This is a joke.
If you'd like to give me your free nights, I think I know of a way to reserve them.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by DCBob
Can we stop criticizing Hyatt's IT department?
No, criticism is rightly deserved as it is unacceptable for the website to be down for such a long time. Heads should roll.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 7:03 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by fuzzynet
I have been trying to reserve my free nights since I got my credit card with them and it never shows a reserve button. This is a joke.
Free nights from the credit card signup should always be reserved by calling anyways. You can only reserve one night at a time online.

Originally Posted by boboqui
No, criticism is rightly deserved as it is unacceptable for the website to be down for such a long time. Heads should roll.
This thread sticky was requested by the official Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge initially. I've said that if 2 weeks can go by without reports of the site being down or other credible glitches, I'd unsticky it.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 10:14 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
Originally Posted by peteropny
This thread sticky was requested by the official Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge initially. I've said that if 2 weeks can go by without reports of the site being down or other credible glitches, I'd unsticky it.
Based on the evidence, not much chance of this happening anytime soon.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:08 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by SportsTech
Based on the evidence, not much chance of this happening anytime soon.
Unfortunately not.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 9:12 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
are you f'ing kidding me? I guess it was good I was able to procure 3 room nights prior to the hotel's website going to poo.

===================================

"Hyatt.com, GoldPassport.com and other related sites are currently down for maintenance. We apologize for this inconvenience and are working hard to get everything in order and back online. Please come back soon!

For reservation assistance, contact us.

Sincerely,
Your Hyatt Team"
Old Feb 9, 2016, 11:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
GP down again.

Can't search for award availability either.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 1:39 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
yep - down again. seems to be a 2-3 times weekly thing now. Maybe they are loading the code to manage the Q2 promotion ;-)
Old Feb 15, 2016, 8:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Had another basic stay post with just room and tax for 2 nights and the points did not correctly add up. I have been seeing this problem for over a year now and have consistently had issues with the points be correct. I am forced to review each stay and send emails to my PL rep to get corrected. They do get it corrected eventually but no one at Hyatt IT has been able to resolve this issue and it is getting old having to check after each stay. I am amazed that more of you are not seeing this issue or maybe people are not checking their bills closely as I used to in the past. Perhaps I am just the lucky chosen one for Hyatt IT!?!?
Old Feb 16, 2016, 6:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
When do points get deducted and post?

This may be old news and I may just now be noticing it ....

My understanding is that when you make any reservation requiring points, you have to have those points in hand, because as soon as you make the reservation, they come off of "the top line," which is to say Current Points on the front page of the website.

However, they do not show up under Account Activity as an Award deduction until the date of the stay ... ?

Maybe it's always been thus and I am only sensitive to it now having started to monitor the top line more closely in light of recent IT changes. Still, it's a bit on an odd accounting scheme, since the top line (Current Points) cannot be totally reconstructed from the Account Activity as long as you have points commitments (unrecorded anywhere that I can see) into the future.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 6:36 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Yeah, it's a rather dumb way of doing things..... it would be a lot more useful to somehow display the points that are reserved for future bookings.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 8:03 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
The front page of the Hyatt.com website is telling me that for a limited time only I can enjoy a 30% bonus when I buy more than 5,000 points.

However, when I click through I'm taken to the usual points.com screen with no bonuses.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 11:09 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by Jermyn
The front page of the Hyatt.com website is telling me that for a limited time only I can enjoy a 30% bonus when I buy more than 5,000 points.

However, when I click through I'm taken to the usual points.com screen with no bonuses.
The same here... looks like an april stuff but we are in february... Hands up : Hyatt IT at its best! The marketing team try to compete with the IT in order to get a Freddie of the WORST HOTEL WEBSITE ever!

Bad joke again and again... lake of respect for clients... anyway if you ask me : they don't give a .... and they don't care!
Old Feb 16, 2016, 2:53 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
Interestingly, the promo does seem to be February specific looking at the URL:

https://buy.points.com/PointsPartner...FFFEB16_220216

30OFFFEB16_220216

It's just not been coded correctly.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 3:12 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Website again down for maintenance all morning (central Europe time)
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.