Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt FAQs & Tutorial on Getting Hyatt Points - PLEASE READ

Hyatt FAQs & Tutorial on Getting Hyatt Points - PLEASE READ

Old Apr 17, 2016, 10:30 pm

My diamond amenity points didn't post from a stay a few days ago (all other points posted). Do I contact the hotel directly or do I call HGP directly? Is there any additional compensation such as extra points for the points amenity not posting? Thanks.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 10:53 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Originally Posted by ang2383
My diamond amenity points didn't post from a stay a few days ago (all other points posted). Do I contact the hotel directly or do I call HGP directly? Is there any additional compensation such as extra points for the points amenity not posting? Thanks.
Call Hyatt Gold Passport and ask for the 50% extra points since it did not post automatically.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by kevino
Call Hyatt Gold Passport and ask for the 50% extra points since it did not post automatically.
Thanks kevino!
Old Apr 19, 2016, 11:56 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1K, Delta Plat
Platinum member, currently staying in Grand Hyatt Mumbai. Offered standard internet with two higher speeds (chargeable) available. Does complimentary premium Internet access apply here?
Also is there any additional compensation such as extra points for the amenity not offered?
Old Apr 19, 2016, 1:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by souravsarkar59
Platinum member, currently staying in Grand Hyatt Mumbai. Offered standard internet with two higher speeds (chargeable) available. Does complimentary premium Internet access apply here?
Also is there any additional compensation such as extra points for the amenity not offered?
As a platinum, you should be given complimentary premium internet. Did you express your concern/questions to the front desk? I was charged once for the internet at a US hotel. I was able to get them to waive the charges.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 10:11 am

Programs: Continental OnePass
So, I have the Chase United Club Card, which grants me Hyatt Platinum status. Having not stayed at a Hyatt recently, I am trying to decide what the best option is to earn the most United Miles.

It seems like the default is earn Hyatt points (5 points per $ + 15% platinum bonus) which can then be converted to UA miles at a rate of 1 mile per 2.5 points.

The alternative is to specify at check in that I want to earn United miles, in which case I would earn 500 miles per stay.

Thus, if my math is correct, if the cost of the stay is greater than 217.40 then it is best to take the points and convert to miles (217.40 * 5 * 1.15 / 2.5 = 500), else it is best to take the 500 miles. Does this sound correct?
Old Apr 27, 2016, 10:50 am

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by swiftaw
So, I have the Chase United Club Card, which grants me Hyatt Platinum status. Having not stayed at a Hyatt recently, I am trying to decide what the best option is to earn the most United Miles.

It seems like the default is earn Hyatt points (5 points per $ + 15% platinum bonus) which can then be converted to UA miles at a rate of 1 mile per 2.5 points.

The alternative is to specify at check in that I want to earn United miles, in which case I would earn 500 miles per stay.

Thus, if my math is correct, if the cost of the stay is greater than 217.40 then it is best to take the points and convert to miles (217.40 * 5 * 1.15 / 2.5 = 500), else it is best to take the 500 miles. Does this sound correct?
Correct, but I wouldn't trade in Hyatt points for United at that ratio. The real value is more 1:1 and that's already generous.
Of course your call...

Also, beware of "total" - you should specify if the room rate is higher than 217. Taxes don't earn GP points.
Old May 10, 2016, 10:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by emiabe
If I dine as a non-guest at participating locations, how soon does it post? Would the receipt show your HGP #?

If I buy Hyatt points on their web site, how soon does it post?

Thanks.
This is a nice way to earn points, but be sure you are getting the e-mails when points are deducted from your account for any reason.

I've had the experience of a server deducting points instead of adding them. It took quite a bit of effort to get that fixed.
Old May 20, 2016, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by peteropny
What are “eligible” charges?

Eligible charges are room rates (if booked with Hyatt) and incidentals (should include room upgrade charges) that are not paid to third party providers (food & beverage are normally eligible while parking rarely is).

What is a definition of a stay?

A stay is defined as any number of consecutive nights at one property whether the nights are booked under one reservation or multiple reservations. In maximizing stay credits (for qualification/requalification of status or for promotions that are dependent on stays such as FFN) you can utilize the same property but not on consecutive nights (eg for 3 nights you can alternate properties A B A to obtain 3 stay credits). Award stays (either regular points or promotional free nights) do not earn stay credits.

You cannot earn more than 1 stay credit per night no matter how many rooms you pay for (you will earn the points for multiple rooms if you are paying for them) or how many properties you are paying for that night (however, if you are able to convince a CSR why there was a good reason why you were in 2 properties for the same night (eg you were already checked into a property on the East Coast but had to travel to the West Coast and checked into another property there), you may get 2 stay credits that night).
OK, so, for reasons I won't go into, I may have a booking at MGM Signature and Mandalay Bay the same weekend for overlapping times (Sat-Sun-Mon for MGM, Sun-Mon for MB). I will be checking into both rooms. I plan on spending time in both rooms (and billing room charges to both rooms).

I don't care if I get stay/night credit for both rooms, but I do want the Hyatt GP Points I would be getting for the MLife room folio for both stays. Is this feasible? Worst case I can always change one of the rooms over to credit to WN instead, but I'd much rather get the substantial Hyatt points than $10 in WN WGA flight credit... I just don't want to get a goose egg.
Old May 30, 2016, 5:50 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
IME, they will award stay credit for both rooms but only if there's a valid reason.

Example: you're working a job at two worksites, and you want a room near each location.

There may be other valid reasons why someone needs two rooms on the same night.

It might be a bit tricky to explain why two rooms are needed on the same night, in two hotels which are so close together.

The above applies to STAY credit. POINTS is a different kettle of fish. The HGP Terms and Conditions are unclear on this. If you have up to three rooms in the same hotel, you get points for all three. The rules do not mention anything about what happens when you have two rooms on the same night at different hotels.

Based on my understanding of the rules, I would expect to receive points for both stays, and stay credit for just one stay. If there's a good business reason why two rooms are needed, you can contact HGP and get stay credit for both.

If it were me, I'd message "Gold Passport Concierge" just to make sure.
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
OK, so, for reasons I won't go into, I may have a booking at MGM Signature and Mandalay Bay the same weekend for overlapping times (Sat-Sun-Mon for MGM, Sun-Mon for MB). I will be checking into both rooms. I plan on spending time in both rooms (and billing room charges to both rooms).

I don't care if I get stay/night credit for both rooms, but I do want the Hyatt GP Points I would be getting for the MLife room folio for both stays. Is this feasible? Worst case I can always change one of the rooms over to credit to WN instead, but I'd much rather get the substantial Hyatt points than $10 in WN WGA flight credit... I just don't want to get a goose egg.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 2:02 am

Programs: OZ*G, VA Plat, NZ*G (Elite), QF Gold and PC+, Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, Bonvoyed ("Gold")
How long to convert Hyatt points to Qantas miles?

I have a not-very-useful balance of Hyatt miles that I've requested to convert to QF miles, as they will just get me over the required balance for an award (and QF's prices for buying miles are extortionate).

Does anyone have any experience of how long these typically take to post? The Hyatt site says to allow 6-8 weeks but I wonder whether that has any resemblance to the typical real world experience or if they are just covering themselves due to some airlines occasionally being very slow? (In my experience, QF points are often very quick to post in almost all situations, but this is a new one for me.)
Old Jun 8, 2016, 3:30 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by a193991
Does anyone have experience, how long it takes for the 500 AVIS points to be credited on GP?

I presume my question is not covered here in this thread, as the entries I saw were related to the former 300 points which were credited when checking in to a Hyatt. These are related to the points I get when using the Hyatt AWD.

Thanks.
in the meantime I have 3 AVIS stays and none posted to my account. I called AVIS (as required for claiming missing points). The agent mentioned, the requests for all 3 reservations have now been sent. But it is over 2 weeks now, and the 3x500 points have still not posted to goldpassport.

Does anyone have experience how long it takes for AVIS points?
Thanks
Old Jun 8, 2016, 11:18 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by 59Impala

Does anyone have experience how long it takes for AVIS points?
So Not sure about to Hyatt but I always opt for AA miles through Avis and it usually takes about 3 weeks.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 1:25 am

Programs: OZ*G, VA Plat, NZ*G (Elite), QF Gold and PC+, Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, Bonvoyed ("Gold")
Originally Posted by mad_atta
I have a not-very-useful balance of Hyatt miles that I've requested to convert to QF miles, as they will just get me over the required balance for an award (and QF's prices for buying miles are extortionate).

Does anyone have any experience of how long these typically take to post? The Hyatt site says to allow 6-8 weeks but I wonder whether that has any resemblance to the typical real world experience or if they are just covering themselves due to some airlines occasionally being very slow? (In my experience, QF points are often very quick to post in almost all situations, but this is a new one for me.)
If anyone else was curious to know how long this takes, in my case it took approximately 6 days. That included a long weekend/holiday weekend which may conceivably have slowed things down.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 10:23 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Does Hyatt House and Hyatt Place also earn the full 5 points for every dollar spent? Marriott and Hilton's "extended" stay places only earn half the points. Wondering if Hyatt is the same.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.