Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt FAQs & Tutorial on Getting Hyatt Points - PLEASE READ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt FAQs & Tutorial on Getting Hyatt Points - PLEASE READ

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2015, 10:36 pm

Programs: UA Plat (0.09 MM), SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
Tried searching the thread ... sorry if this has already been answered.

1 night coming up, 2 ppl, I am Diamond and would like the night and pts credit. The other person is getting comped night by company so makes sense they charge it to their card.

Based on reading the T&Cs looks like I have to pay using CC with my name, physically check in, and use my HGP #. Is there any way I can still get the night and pts credit if I check in, use HGP # for reservation, and don't pay full bill? Possible if I pay just taxes & fees this would work?
Old Nov 18, 2015, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by SubzeroMSP

1 night coming up, 2 ppl, I am Diamond and would like the night and pts credit. The other person is getting comped night by company so makes sense they charge it to their card.

Based on reading the T&Cs looks like I have to pay using CC with my name, physically check in, and use my HGP #. Is there any way I can still get the night and pts credit if I check in, use HGP # for reservation, and don't pay full bill? Possible if I pay just taxes & fees this would work?
They generally don't care who pays the actual bill, so long as you check in and your # is on the room.

But if you're worried, the other person can pay bill-$1 on his credit card, and then you settle the final bill on yours (for $1).
Old Nov 18, 2015, 7:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SubzeroMSP

They don't care who pays the bill at check in (unless it's master billed or something like that. Not what a normal person checking in would be dealing with.). However as long as your HGP# is on the reservation, you will get the points and stay credit. I'm not sure if your name has to be on the bill though but I assume your partner needs his/her name on the bill for reimbursement purposes.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA Plat (0.09 MM), SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sethb
They generally don't care who pays the actual bill, so long as you check in and your # is on the room.

But if you're worried, the other person can pay bill-$1 on his credit card, and then you settle the final bill on yours (for $1).
OK, thank you for the advice ... I'll go with this option.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 8:58 am

Programs: AA Platinum-to-be, Hyatt Platinum
Hey all, I tried searching the thread and didn't see this, so I'll ask. I am a new Diamond member, and I have an upcoming stay where I'd like to use a Diamond upgrade. The stay is 2 nights award + 1 night revenue. Will this be eligible for a Diamond upgrade?
Old Nov 20, 2015, 9:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by spartan301
Hey all, I tried searching the thread and didn't see this, so I'll ask. I am a new Diamond member, and I have an upcoming stay where I'd like to use a Diamond upgrade. The stay is 2 nights award + 1 night revenue. Will this be eligible for a Diamond upgrade?
Hi. Welcome to Diamond. Technically only your 1 night of revenue is eligible to use your Diamond Suite Upgrade. Points + Cash are eligible as well. However, you MAY have some luck in calling the hotel and seeing if they will extend your suite stay for the other 2 nights. I have read of others doing this and not having to move rooms. Is it possible to change your stay to 3 nights of Points + Cash? That would guarantee your chance of being able to use your DSU as long as its available.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 11:11 am

Programs: AA Platinum-to-be, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by cdancer20
Hi. Welcome to Diamond. Technically only your 1 night of revenue is eligible to use your Diamond Suite Upgrade. Points + Cash are eligible as well. However, you MAY have some luck in calling the hotel and seeing if they will extend your suite stay for the other 2 nights. I have read of others doing this and not having to move rooms. Is it possible to change your stay to 3 nights of Points + Cash? That would guarantee your chance of being able to use your DSU as long as its available.
Thanks for the response- I'll give them a call and see what they can do. Unfortunately, this property doesn't do Points + Cash (at least not for the nights I'm staying)
Old Nov 20, 2015, 12:54 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

Originally Posted by spartan301
Thanks for the response- I'll give them a call and see what they can do. Unfortunately, this property doesn't do Points + Cash (at least not for the nights I'm staying)
I wouldn't call - they probably won't confirm it since it's beyond the T&Cs - but may do it upon check-in - probably better if you have the revenue night followed by the award nights rather than the other way around.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 3:39 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
I have a points+cash stay from 31 Dec - 5 Jan. I just found out that I had to book for my mum a stay in another country from 30 Dec - 2 Jan. What's the rules (eg. points, stay credit) about multiple bookings at the same time in different countries?
Old Dec 9, 2015, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by gummibar
I have a points+cash stay from 31 Dec - 5 Jan. I just found out that I had to book for my mum a stay in another country from 30 Dec - 2 Jan. What's the rules (eg. points, stay credit) about multiple bookings at the same time in different countries?
Your question is pretty much answered in the FAQs on the first page. You will not get double stay credit. That's only allowed on one room period. You should have no issues getting your points though since that's allowed on up to 2 rooms.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 10:22 am

Does a 1 night cash+points booking earn a stay credit? I know that the cash portion earns points. Not sure about the stay credit.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 10:26 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by headinclouds
Does a 1 night cash+points booking earn a stay credit? I know that the cash portion earns points. Not sure about the stay credit.
Absolutely. You will earn a stay credit.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by tom_MN
I'll try eating at the Green Bay Hyatt in November. The list I referenced is on the Hyatt website.
Frustrating, I split a stay in Albuquerque to get 1 night in to keep account open, now 10 days after check out and no credit. I booked it thru my Hyatt account so no issue with not having number or not using a creditable rate.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by tom_MN
Frustrating, I split a stay in Albuquerque to get 1 night in to keep account open, now 10 days after check out and no credit. I booked it thru my Hyatt account so no issue with not having number or not using a creditable rate.
Hyatt went through a big system upgrade last week. It's taking a while for things to level out.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
Diamond Suite Upgrade / Orbitz

Just wanted to add a data point about attempting to confirm a DSU after booking through Orbitz. I have some expiring Orbucks, so I decided to book a one-night stay so I wouldn't use them. It's a regular retail rate that is identical to the Hyatt site (and is actually $17 *higher* than the AAA rate I would've booked through hyatt.com). I knew I wouldn't earn points but still figured it would be a qualifying rate. Nope. Oh well. Guess it's time to just stop chasing expiring Orbucks for good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.