Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt FAQs & Tutorial on Getting Hyatt Points - PLEASE READ

Hyatt FAQs & Tutorial on Getting Hyatt Points - PLEASE READ

Old Jul 11, 2015, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by cdancer20
The 30% extra is outside of however you pay. That's irrelevant. It's 30% added to the points you get from your room stay. So if the room is $1000. You get 1000 * 5 base points and then 30% more than that. So 1500 points.

My calculations are also <room rate> * 5 * 1.30 = # points.
So -> 1000 * 5 * 1.30 = 6500 pts.

Also note that as diamond, you have a choice to take a points amenity on your room which would be an additional 500 or 1000 points depending on the hotel.

And yes you could get w/e points you get from your credit card. If a Hyatt card, an ADDITIONAL 1000 * 3 pts (3000 pts) will be added to your Hyatt account. Hyatt cards do not get UR. If it's not a Hyatt card, than you get UR points only. 2000 UR for Ink and CSP. 1000 UR for Freedom.

Thanks!

So on a $1k stay that would be:
6300 puts with chase Hyatt
Or
1000 points with chase UR card

As much as I value ur points I'll have to go with Hyatt..
Old Jul 11, 2015, 3:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by switchyj
Thanks!

So on a $1k stay that would be:
6300 puts with chase Hyatt
Or
1000 points with chase UR card

As much as I value ur points I'll have to go with Hyatt..
No you completely misunderstood what I said. The 6500 points is regardless of what credit card you use.

It's an ADDITIONAL 3000 with Hyatt CC or an ADDITIONAL 1000-2000 with UR CC .
Old Jul 27, 2015, 3:02 am

Chase Hyatt card spend at restaurants

If I put spend on the Chase Hyatt card at Hyatt properties for things other than room charges, do I get 3 points per dollar? I know some properties may have restaurants that are on premise but not necessarily a Hyatt restaurant.

Just wondering if I should put restaurant spend on Hyatt property on the Hyatt card or the CSP.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by cxua
If I put spend on the Chase Hyatt card at Hyatt properties for things other than room charges, do I get 3 points per dollar? I know some properties may have restaurants that are on premise but not necessarily a Hyatt restaurant.

Just wondering if I should put restaurant spend on Hyatt property on the Hyatt card or the CSP.
If you bill it to your room, it counts.

If it's an independent charge, it depends on which company runs it, so the answer will vary.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 7:55 am

No Points for Dining When Using Gift Cards

From the Terms and Conditions section "Earning Hyatt Gold Passport Points As A Non-Registered Guest":

"Eligible Methods of Payment include cash, check, or major credit cards or debit/bank cards. "Ineligible Methods of Payment" may include but are not limited to hotel House Accounts, charges settled by a company or organization, Hyatt Gold Passport dining and spa awards, room charges, Hyatt-branded gift cards, Hyatt gift cheques, or hotel-specific gift card/certificates.

I specifically traveled to a local Hyatt restaurant to dine so that I could keep my Gold Passport account active. I used a Hyatt gift card to pay. Since my points had not posted, I looked in T&Cs to see if there were any exceptions (obviously should have done this first), and found the above. Who would have thought you couldn't get points by using a Hyatt gift card, which most would consider the same as cash??
Old Aug 4, 2015, 11:51 am

State government rate is elite qualifying rate??

Looking for solid confirmation on a qualifying rate counting towards elite status: State government rate, which is bookable on Hyatt.com.
I actually do work for the state and have some upcoming business trips I need to book. Just want to confirm that rate counts.

TIA for providing any data points of State govt rate counting/does not count.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 5:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
I use state govt rates about 20 nights a year. All have qualified.

Originally Posted by PtsJunkieWI
Looking for solid confirmation on a qualifying rate counting towards elite status: State government rate, which is bookable on Hyatt.com.
I actually do work for the state and have some upcoming business trips I need to book. Just want to confirm that rate counts.

TIA for providing any data points of State govt rate counting/does not count.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 1:33 pm

I had 4 Hyatt stays in 2010 but the account has not been active since. I have 2200 points. I was notified that the account will be closed if I have no additional activity by March 2016.

Unfortunately travel rarely takes me to a place where Hyatt is an option. I am considering losing the points or eating at a local Hyatt near my home. How can I earn points for eating at a Hyatt when not staying there? The only reason I can see for getting the account to remain open is if I seed it one day with points from a credit card promo.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 1:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, A3 Gold
I'd just gift the points to someone who has more use for them.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 2:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by tom_MN
I had 4 Hyatt stays in 2010 but the account has not been active since. I have 2200 points. I was notified that the account will be closed if I have no additional activity by March 2016.

Unfortunately travel rarely takes me to a place where Hyatt is an option. I am considering losing the points or eating at a local Hyatt near my home. How can I earn points for eating at a Hyatt when not staying there? The only reason I can see for getting the account to remain open is if I seed it one day with points from a credit card promo.
Go back to page one of this thread. This is a huge FAQ there including getting points for eating a restaurant when not a guest.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 7:22 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

Give the server your GP number but it may not post so be sure to keep your credit card receipt (and write on it the pre-tax/pre-tip amount since those are not points earning - you'll probably need it to submit to CS for manual point posting.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 1:53 pm

According to the most recent list of participating hotels I am really out of luck Only one Hyatt giving points for meals within 350 miles, and I can't see eating at that one.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 3:02 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

According to the most recent list of participating hotels I am really out of luck Only one Hyatt giving points for meals within 350 miles, and I can't see eating at that one.
If you really want to do this, perhaps a quick PM to confirm with our Gold Passport Concierge might be in order since I think the list you are referring to was only valid during the rollout of this feature. I'm pretty sure that all hotel operated restaurants are participating at this point (not the leased out restaurants - like Ruth Chris in the GH Seattle).

From your handle, I'm guessing you are in MN, the restaurant in the HR Minneapolis should work.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 4:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by peteropny
If you really want to do this, perhaps a quick PM to confirm with our Gold Passport Concierge might be in order since I think the list you are referring to was only valid during the rollout of this feature. I'm pretty sure that all hotel operated restaurants are participating at this point (not the leased out restaurants - like Ruth Chris in the GH Seattle).

From your handle, I'm guessing you are in MN, the restaurant in the HR Minneapolis should work.
I would assume so as that restaurant seems to be operated by the HR Minneapolis. It's good modern somewhat-creative American food with an emphasis on fresh local stuff. The restaurant and bar are basically the same, with small plates offered as a sort of "bar menu", but the disadvantage is that the restaurant can be noisy at times, especially when a convention group fills the hotel.

There's a Hyatt House in Minot ND that has a sort of restaurant/bar but I don't know whether many people not staying in the hotel eat there. It would be a bit like going to a HP for a meal in the gallery. BTW, the HP in downtown Minneapolis has an extended gallery menu and a larger than expected bar area.

Three hundred fifty miles from someplace in MN could also include the Hyatt in Greeen Bay, the HR Milwaukee, HP Madison, two suburban HPs near Milwaukee, two suburban HPs along the bypass expressway south of Minneapolis, and a HP in Des Moines. There are also Hyatts in Kansas, with a couple near Kansas City, that might also be within 350 miles IIRC. Locations near ORD could also be within 350 miles of the southeast corner of the state.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Oct 2, 2015 at 4:07 pm
Old Oct 3, 2015, 3:01 pm

I'll try eating at the Green Bay Hyatt in November. The list I referenced is on the Hyatt website.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.