Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt FAQs & Tutorial on Getting Hyatt Points - PLEASE READ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt FAQs & Tutorial on Getting Hyatt Points - PLEASE READ

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2014, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HYATT Globalist, Marriott GLD, Car National Exe
Originally Posted by RTW1
Only 2...
Thanks!
Old Oct 10, 2014, 8:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21
I'm not sure it is written anywhere (searched, but couldn't find)...I know you can't get points for a room that is direct billed, but do you get the night/stay credit? I've gotten it in the past, but when I called up to request a suite upgrade, they said i couldn't use the suite upgrade on a direct bill rate (which is weird, but i've done that before as well). I asked about the stay credit and they said no, I won't get stay/night credit either. Anybody have a definite answer, or is this a YMMV? thank you.
I'm wondering the same thing.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP (1M+), HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Any data points on a groupon rates earning stay credit?
Old Oct 27, 2014, 7:46 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

Originally Posted by edbyu
Any data points on a groupon rates earning stay credit?
Nobody has discussed this but I would think they don't since its prepaid to a third party - of course a mistake could be made and stay credit is posted but don't count on it.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 4:58 pm

Programs: *G, HGP Plat, IHG/IC Gold
Hi guys, wondering if anyone can help with the answer while I'm still waiting for my last stay at park hyatt tokyo to post in the account.

I stayed there on a 4th night free offer, and wonder if the 4th night would be considered an "eligible night" under the fall promo? Sort of guessing no, but wanted to know for sure as I'm planning another stay by the end of the month when I will be travelling again, so wanted to see how I could maximise the fall promo.

thanks in advance for any help offered!
Old Dec 26, 2014, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Capacity Controls on DSUs?

Re-asked here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...rols-dsus.html

Last edited by swag; Dec 29, 2014 at 10:35 am Reason: new thread
Old Dec 27, 2014, 7:24 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

DSU's book in the entry level suites.... So you need to check if any of those is available. To use a DSU it normally takes some planning, booking early is required for a lot of properties since the entry level suites do sell.

You can still use them for bookings you make until the expiration date (even if you stay later) and you will get another 4 on March 1st.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Plat, Delta Plat
So I'll be traveling to Hong Kong soon...

They're running a rate promo at GH HK...If I book a promo rate, I can't use points to upgrade my room correct? I'll have to book at the daily rate (which is about 100 USD more).
Old Jan 9, 2015, 9:15 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RDGCU
So I'll be traveling to Hong Kong soon...

They're running a rate promo at GH HK...If I book a promo rate, I can't use points to upgrade my room correct? I'll have to book at the daily rate (which is about 100 USD more).
Correct
Old Jan 10, 2015, 4:59 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FlyingExplorer
I'm not sure it is written anywhere (searched, but couldn't find)...I know you can't get points for a room that is direct billed, but do you get the night/stay credit? I've gotten it in the past, but when I called up to request a suite upgrade, they said i couldn't use the suite upgrade on a direct bill rate (which is weird, but i've done that before as well). I asked about the stay credit and they said no, I won't get stay/night credit either. Anybody have a definite answer, or is this a YMMV? thank you.
I have been traveling to sponsored conferences where my Hyatt room has been paid for. Hyatt will recognize my status, but you will not get any credit for stays or get points for the room. You will get points for any charges made for incidentals. These rooms are not eligible for DSU, however, they do "upgrade" your room and give you benefits per your status.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 12:34 pm

Hi

If i participate in the "new" diamond challenge and book a Hyatt for 12 nights, check in physically, but check-out after say 2 nights, will the outstanding nights count for the challenge? Or other way around, do I have to stay all nights after a physical check-in?

Thanks for your swift answer.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 12:53 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

What do you think?

Don't check out....
Old Mar 11, 2015, 12:57 pm

I have no clue.... but anyhow, I could come to stay for the last night even it's inconvenient

What do you think?

Don't check out....
Old Mar 11, 2015, 1:22 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

You do know that you have 60 days for those 12 nights?
You can probably call to checkout as well...

Why do you want the status if you cannot even manage a few nights?
Old Mar 11, 2015, 1:47 pm

it would be sort of mattress run upfront to a longer stay abroad where I will like to start directly with all benefits. the run wont cost me not that much indeed, so its ok for me

You do know that you have 60 days for those 12 nights?
You can probably call to checkout as well...

Why do you want the status if you cannot even manage a few nights?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.