Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt may be returning to New York - News Articles & Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2014, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tjbrooks
Opening Delayed
  • Original opening date was July 20th.
  • Current opening date is now August 12th (as of 5/21/2014).
  • Customers with reservations prior to August 12th had their reservations cancelled, and no alternatives/compensation was offered besides rebooking another Hyatt at current rates.
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt may be returning to New York - News Articles & Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2013, 7:02 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by mreplus
Kind of shocking to see a premier property located on the bottom 19 floors. Isn't one of the hallmarks of a premier property the view?
Hotels always seem to be on the lower levels of a building with residential above. For Hyatt, the PH Chicago and Olive 8 come to mind. Others include the Four Seasons and St Regis in SF.

An older counterpoint would be the Mandarin Oriental in SF which is the top of an office building as is the Hyatt at the Bellevue in Philadelphia.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 11:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
Seems like the undesirable floors were made into a hotel. I hope the rooms will be amazing like the Langham, Chicago.

On another note it looks like One 57 will soon be upstaged by a even taller building... look at the views this building will have. Top floors have gone for 90 million.

http://432parkavenue.com/?state=home

Originally Posted by mreplus
Kind of shocking to see a premier property located on the bottom 19 floors. Isn't one of the hallmarks of a premier property the view?
Old Oct 12, 2013, 10:52 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Expecting daily rates in the range of 650 to 800 dollars per night and up
Old Oct 16, 2013, 5:35 pm

PHNY now appearing on Hyatt.com - I was looking mid June - but not yet available for booking.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 11:01 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Quick snap from the office of progress at One57. Still got a long way to go as you can see but it is progressing steadily

Here's an update 15 months later. A lot of progress

Old Oct 26, 2013, 1:13 pm

Programs: AC-SE Hhonors-G IHG-P
good the see the building is finally coming along! Hope this property will open by the end of 2014!
Old Oct 30, 2013, 1:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
from Hyatt conference call: question about Park Hyatt New York.

Sure. It's coming along very well. The expectation is that we will open in the second quarter of next year, and the progress on the property has been going quite smoothly, actually, subsequent to the crane replacement, which took place over the course of the summer
Old Oct 30, 2013, 10:24 pm
Suspended

By the photo it appears the hotel which will be located on the lower floors will have no view, or sunlight.

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Here's an update 15 months later. A lot of progress

Old Oct 30, 2013, 10:29 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
By the photo it appears the hotel which will be located on the lower floors will have no view, or sunlight.
No worries get chummy with the billionaires who live up top in the Penthouse
Old Oct 31, 2013, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
yep i'd say that's about right
Old Nov 7, 2013, 7:53 pm

I'm extremely bummed that the hotel will likely not have any views. I was looking forward to blowing some Hyatt GP points on this property in 2014.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 2:50 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

They never said anything about (Central Park) views....most others don't have them either :-).
Old Nov 8, 2013, 11:24 am
Suspended

As with all highrise luxury living towers in NYC the main selling point of this tower is the view. From the beginning I never expected the Park Hyatt to be located on a desired floor. So us visitors will be located on the least desired floors, no sunlight and no view. I guess a visit to the health club or hotel bar is in order, I don't mind to wine and dine or work out next to the billionaires who occupy the top floors.

Originally Posted by RTW1
They never said anything about (Central Park) views....most others don't have them either :-).
Old Nov 11, 2013, 1:53 am

Programs: WOH (G)lobotimized, SPG Tarnished Gold
*Ahem*

Originally Posted by Somewhere Over the Atlantic
There's no doubt in my mind that this property's opening will neatly coincide with a new category 7, for which redemptions will start at 29 K points.
I was lambasted by a number of you when I wrote this, which I found amusing. The reality is that cat 7 redemptions will, in fact, be costlier at 30 K points, and according to View from the Wing, PH NY will go online as a 7.

Last edited by Somewhere Over the Atlantic; Nov 11, 2013 at 2:02 am
Old Nov 11, 2013, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by Somewhere Over the Atlantic
I was lambasted by a number of you when I wrote this, which I found amusing. The reality is that cat 7 redemptions will, in fact, be costlier at 30 K points, and according to View from the Wing, PH NY will go online as a 7.
You did tell us so.

Given the location and likely views, think you'd be out of your mind to spend 30k on this

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.