Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Get Ready for The Big Welcome Back[ADVANCE DISCUSSION]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Get Ready for The Big Welcome Back[ADVANCE DISCUSSION]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2010, 3:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IC, FPC, CO & UA dirt, 1K wannabe
I just talked with a Gold Passport rep. and I asked if I would be able to add an existing reservation on the 26th to the Welcome Back promotion once it is announced. He didn't know for sure, as they hadn't given him any information about the promo. He did say that I could ask at the front desk or call on the 26th and they should be able to add it.

He had to ask me which date the promo started, so some rep's are apparently still completely out of the loop at this point...
Old Mar 17, 2010, 4:00 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, United 1K
Originally Posted by ctownflyer

Spill the beans!!!
If you must know.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 3:07 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
The two net additional pieces of information I see in my email are that it will require registration, and she will register all of her charges. Otherwise, it was pretty much, wait till you see what's coming.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 5:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by SKIEL
Sounds like it could be a great thing.
what makes you say that???? I"ve seen nothing in this thread that would indicate even remotely what it might be? even the reference to last years doesn't do much for me

the only thing I recall from this thread is that they won't have that ridiculous essay or whatever it was
Old Mar 18, 2010, 5:39 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, United 1K
Sorry I didn't post what it actually was.

1 Night or 5k points per 2 Stays
Old Mar 18, 2010, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by darrenhe

That´s exactly the information that I also got. Regarding Double Stay count there was no information available at GP US...
Old Mar 18, 2010, 7:36 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other

Love this. Not regretting my status match from SPG to Hyatt. I have a number of Hyatt stays booked in April/May. I just hope I don't have to cancel and re-book in order to be eligible. Thanks for the heads up!
Old Mar 18, 2010, 8:34 am

Programs: UA,DL,CZ
Originally Posted by pitbrian
Love this. Not regretting my status match from SPG to Hyatt. I have a number of Hyatt stays booked in April/May. I just hope I don't have to cancel and re-book in order to be eligible. Thanks for the heads up!
Usually one does not need to cancel and rebook to qualify for a promotion. Just make sure your stay falls in the promotion period.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 9:07 am

Programs: Delta Silver, United 2P, SQ, SPG Plat, PC Plat AMB, Hyatt Dia, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat
Sounds groovy - I've got a 5 night stay in Singapore coming up and then stays around Malaysia later in April. Taiwan in May, etc. This could be good - OH, it better include ASIA!
Old Mar 18, 2010, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by CanuckinKL
Sounds groovy - I've got a 5 night stay in Singapore coming up and then stays around Malaysia later in April. Taiwan in May, etc. This could be good - OH, it better include ASIA!
However, free nights are based on stays, not nights. So you'd only get one stay credit towards such a promo from your five night stay.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 11:49 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by Shareholder
However, free nights are based on stays, not nights. So you'd only get one stay credit towards such a promo from your five night stay.
It sounds like the hyatt hopping season is about to recommence :-)
Old Mar 18, 2010, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by Renard
But I just recovered from the last hpping seasn!
Old Mar 18, 2010, 12:59 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by xyzzy
But I just recovered from the last hpping seasn!
For my leisure stays, I will be in a pickle between: (a) using my promotional award nights expiring the end of June, or using points for award stays; and (b) doing paid stays during this promotional award period.

... if these free night promotions continue for too long, I'll have to keep passing up on the use of promotional award nights and GoldPassport points award nights -- and instead more paid stays.

I can see other people being in this same kind of pickle, more so if a double-stay promotion is included this time too.

Thank you Hyatt.^^
Old Mar 18, 2010, 1:09 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Renard
Just in time for Easter Ok - bad joke
Old Mar 18, 2010, 1:15 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold

So here is a new FT member with 15 posts and you are all taking this as gospel. Unreal

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.