Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Instant Platinum & Fasttrack to Diamond - through 12/31/10 (DISC 5/14/10)

Old Feb 21, 2010, 8:33 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

NOTE: Discontinued per http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13958471-post301.html as of 5/14/10

Hyatt is offering "instant" platinum status for 180 days - and with 5 nights within the 180 days retain Platinum through 2/2011 - with 15 nights within the 180 days get Diamond through 2/2011.

Details at: http://goldpassport.com/gp/en/aa/off..._mbr_src=TPL09

T&Cs:

"ENJOY ELITE MEMBERSHIP

To participate in this promotion, new members or current members must enroll / register by calling Gold Passport Customer Service at (800) 228-3360 between November 1, 2009 and December 31, 2010. Upon enrollment you will receive a trial Platinum membership for 180 days. To maintain Platinum membership member must complete 5 eligible nights at any Hyatt hotel or resort worldwide, within 180 days of enrollment. To achieve Diamond membership member must complete 15 eligible nights. Members that achieve qualifying nights in 2009 will receive tier status through February 2011. Members that achieve qualifying nights in 2010 will receive tier status through February 2012.

Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. An "Eligible Rate" is any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to the hyatt.com rate, prevailing rack rate, AAA and senior citizen rates, etc. "Ineligible Rates" are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays (including award stays), Internet wholesale rates (such as priceline.com, hotels.com, etc.), traditional wholesale rates (such as GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms. Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay.

Platinum 15% point bonus will be awarded for all stays during 180-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. After member completes 5 eligible nights during promotion period, Platinum 15% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays when a member chooses points for their stay. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all stays during 180-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. After member completes 15 eligible nights during promotion period, Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays when a member chooses points for their stay. If you qualify for the offer, you will receive a new membership card within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available to you when your present your membership card at check-in. This promotion is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. Hyatt reserves the right to alter or withdraw this program at any time without notice. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts™ encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Global Hyatt Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt™, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts, Park Hyatt™, Andaz™, Grand Hyatt™, Hyatt Regency™, Hyatt Place™, Hyatt Summerfield Suites™, Hyatt Gold Passport™, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation. 2009 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved. "

Last edited by peteropny; May 14, 2010 at 2:35 pm
Old Feb 21, 2010, 8:43 pm

Programs: United 1MM, Hyatt Diamond, National EE
hi, I think it is 5 nights for platinum and 15 nights for diamond within 180 days.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 8:51 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Yes, with this promotion it's 5 nights for Platinum, or 15 nights for Diamond, within 180 days.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

Oops - corrected
Old Feb 21, 2010, 11:55 pm

peter, thanks for posting this; I didn't make it during the NBT,have been waiting for this one.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 4:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Now one really has to wonder why I bothered putting in the effort last year to retain diamond
Old Feb 22, 2010, 4:45 am

Programs: Lifetime Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, Lifetime UA Silver
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Now one really has to wonder why I bothered putting in the effort last year to retain diamond
...so you don't have to put in any effort this year?
Old Feb 22, 2010, 5:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Because you likely got free nights via the NBT promo that you can use thru 6/30/10 -- that's why.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 6:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Because you likely got free nights via the NBT promo that you can use thru 6/30/10 -- that's why.
I took the points actually; b/c past experience has dictated that I have a hard time burning the free nights at other than the local hyatt to get my diamond amenity

Also these are people who had plenty of time with 2X stay credit as well so the threshold was quite low to begin with
Old Feb 22, 2010, 7:36 am

For those of us who have Diamond through 2/2011, can we use this to requalify through 2/2012?

Also, according to the terms, this promotion began 11/2009. Where has it been hiding all this time?
Old Feb 22, 2010, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DealDetective
For those of us who have Diamond through 2/2011, can we use this to requalify through 2/2012?

Also, according to the terms, this promotion began 11/2009. Where has it been hiding all this time?
Good question - I suppose the answer is yes on the 2/2012 question - not absolutely sure though.

I think Hyatt has realized that their target Plat & Diamond member numbers have not been achieved so they just "released" this promotion which was "under wraps" all this time. This combined with the "free" status extension discussed in another thread to me strongly indicates that the numbers aren't where they want them to be.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 8:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by peteropny
Good question - I suppose the answer is yes on the 2/2012 question - not absolutely sure though.

I think Hyatt has realized that their target Plat & Diamond member numbers have not been achieved so they just "released" this promotion which was "under wraps" all this time. This combined with the "free" status extension discussed in another thread to me strongly indicates that the numbers aren't where they want them to be.
OR --

The other majors have promotions that are not awe inspiring so they see an opportunity to steal a march on them and get people to sample/switch to Hyatt during this time frame, banking on that once they sample Hyatt they will ensare them.

The SPG comparison thread seems to be a good indicator of this.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 8:41 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by peteropny

I just got off the phone with a CS agent. I asked whether it could be a way to re-qualify through 2012 for someone that is already a Diamond. I was put on hold for long time while they must have discussed and tried to figure it out. When the agent returned she said that the only way it might help is if I don't re-qualify by December 31, 2010 and then had 15 nights in January 2011. Then it might give me Diamond through February 2011. She agreed to put the code in for me anyway and I promised not to call if it doesn't do anything for me. In retrospect perhaps that was silly since the 180 days will be up by then. That's OK, I plan to re-qualify on stays this year anyway.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 8:53 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat
If I'm reading this correctly (and I think I am), this means that 15 nights with this promotion earns Diamond through Feb 2011, but you still need the full 50 nights to earn Diamond through Feb 2012.

This being the case, and being that 180 days is about 6 months, registering for the promotion after August 2010 would still mean instant Platinum, but would not provide guests any incentive to reach the 15 nights for Diamond (or 5 nights for Plat) through Feb 2011 since the promotion provides that already.

Just thought this was interesting, as the promotion allows you to register through Dec 2010.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 9:00 am

Programs: UA,DL,CZ
Pls. find the T&C of this promotion.

To participate in this promotion, new members or current members must enroll / register by calling Gold Passport Customer Service at (800) 228-3360 between November 1, 2009 and December 31, 2010. Upon enrollment you will receive a trial Platinum membership for 180 days. To maintain Platinum membership member must complete 5 eligible nights at any Hyatt hotel or resort worldwide, within 180 days of enrollment. To achieve Diamond membership member must complete 15 eligible nights. Members that achieve qualifying nights in 2009 will receive tier status through February 2011. Members that achieve qualifying nights in 2010 will receive tier status through February 2012.

The last sentence does mean that your status will be valid through Feb 2012 if you achieve qualifying nights in 2010. Am I right here?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.