Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Instant Platinum & Fasttrack to Diamond - through 12/31/10 (DISC 5/14/10)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Instant Platinum & Fasttrack to Diamond - through 12/31/10 (DISC 5/14/10)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2010, 5:03 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Room guarantee

Originally Posted by keishashadow
She did mention that the rate is set by the hotel, typically more than rack rate & no discounts would be allowed (AAA, sr, etc.). I've only used this option once with Loews' youfirst program & was able to book a AAA rate.

Is this standard practice w/Hyatt &, if so, how much over rack is typical?
The room guarantee is handy but you will pay a much higher rate. When trying to use it at the Grand Hyatt D.C. last November the sold out night was $500US+ vs the $200 AAA rate. I chose to book a $530 rate at the Park Hyatt instead.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by ramolnar
You might have gotten a "traditional" Diamond trial, which is what I got when I called over the weekend. According to Hyatt, my Diamond status expires on 31 May. I have to stay 15 nights in 90 days.

This worked for me, because it includes Spring Break this week, including Palm Springs beginning tomorrow. But you should check.
I called earlier today and asked for the "Diamond FastTrack" and the agent said "you mean the Diamond trial, right?" and then proceeded to tell me I'd have 180 days to get 15 nights for status until 2012.

However, so far my status online still shows Platinum. How quickly did it change for you?
Old Mar 1, 2010, 5:27 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, GPP Silver
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I called earlier today and asked for the "Diamond FastTrack" and the agent said "you mean the Diamond trial, right?" and then proceeded to tell me I'd have 180 days to get 15 nights for status until 2012.

However, so far my status online still shows Platinum. How quickly did it change for you?
My online status changed within 36 hours, IIRC.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 6:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, QFF WP, Velocity Gold
Sorry guys, i'm still a little confused. Did you guys manage to get a "diamond trial" instead of a "platinum trial"? I am currently platinum and if a diamond trial is available it would be very beneficial for my next trip!
Old Mar 1, 2010, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by peachy3
Sorry guys, i'm still a little confused. Did you guys manage to get a "diamond trial" instead of a "platinum trial"? I am currently platinum and if a diamond trial is available it would be very beneficial for my next trip!
Did I manage to get it? I'll tell you in 30 hrs.

I asked for Diamond Fast Track (maybe inspired by the title of this thread) and the agent referred to it as Diamond Trial.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 7:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum; Insomnia Cookies
Originally Posted by peachy3
Yes, there's at least one Diamond Trial for Platinums. It's 15 nights. I think I have a 90-day limit; I guess notquiteaff got 15 nights within 180 days.

My status changed sometime between Saturday 2 PM Eastern and Monday 10 AM, so within 48 hours. I'm Diamond tonight.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 8:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt-Diamond; Starwood-Platinum
I called up last week and was told that I would see my profile upgraded to Diamond within 48 hours. I am a consistent Platinum member and am very excited for the opportunity to be a Diamond member for a while.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by bostontraveler81
I called up last week and was told that I would see my profile upgraded to Diamond within 48 hours. I am a consistent Platinum member and am very excited for the opportunity to be a Diamond member for a while.
If you travel enough to maintain Diamond status by consolidating other stays from other chains, I think you will.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 3:53 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Thanks to all who posted on this.

Although admittedly confused, I am a Diamond as of yesterday. I was a Platinum with 4 stays for this year and called to sign up for this trial last week.

Suddenly I'm Diamond with no additional stays - and very appreciative as it just landed me a free confirmed upgrade at the Grand Hyatt Tokyo for next month.

Status says valid through 2/28/2011 - so it doesn't seem like so much a trial as a conversion for the current program year.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed
The room guarantee is handy but you will pay a much higher rate. When trying to use it at the Grand Hyatt D.C. last November the sold out night was $500US+ vs the $200 AAA rate. I chose to book a $530 rate at the Park Hyatt instead.
thanx, i was quoted $330+ vs a normal AAA $118+ rate for that time period

okay if on the company dime, not OOP
Old Mar 2, 2010, 1:33 pm

Ainternational, I am a little confused. Did the csr mentioned that you need 15 nights in 90 days or 180 days to keep diamond status next year? What is the offer number?
Old Mar 2, 2010, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by untamed
Ainternational, I am a little confused. Did the csr mentioned that you need 15 nights in 90 days or 180 days to keep diamond status next year? What is the offer number?
When I signed up, I didn't need (or know) an offer number. Just call and ask for Diamond Trial (that's what my agent called it). I just checked (for probably the 10th time today) and I am now a newly minted Diamond with tier expiration date of 31 Aug 2010 (i.e., 180 days). Looking at my bookings for the next three months alone, renewing until Feb 2012 isn't going to be a problem. I have the feeling Hyatt is going to get 95% of my hotel stays this year.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 7:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hertz Gold
Called and signed up for this promotion and was taken to Diamond from gold till 8-10.

Does this mean if I stay the 5 nights i stay diamond till 3/2012?

Thanks for the help and this promotion!

Woody
Old Mar 2, 2010, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by woodyth
Called and signed up for this promotion and was taken to Diamond from gold till 8-10.

Does this mean if I stay the 5 nights i stay diamond till 3/2012?
You'd need 15 nights, I think. Five nights would give you Platinum with the Platinum trial (not sure if you're automatically falling back to that trial if you don't meet the Diamond terms).
Old Mar 3, 2010, 11:06 am

Programs: Some basic level ones
You guys are all luckier than me - I've been enrolled for the promo, but I was a Plat anyway and still am now. The terms I was sent though say I will earn Diamond with 15 nights stayed in 180 days...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.