Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Instant Platinum & Fasttrack to Diamond - through 12/31/10 (DISC 5/14/10)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Instant Platinum & Fasttrack to Diamond - through 12/31/10 (DISC 5/14/10)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2010, 10:28 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Just spoke to a CS agent who found the promo and said it is called "Trial PL09"
Old Feb 24, 2010, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by tinkybelle
and what makes you such an authority on what we should or should not know.
lol, touche. When you don't have a valid argument, attack the poster?

It's your choice if you want to complain about it. Feel free, for all the good that will do. Or you can try to make an argument based on actual logic.

I'm not an authority, nor did I claim to be one. I gave my opinion and supported the opinion in my post.

I also said that this won't close the debate on this topic either. Both you and TH have been around long enough on FT to have seen this topic debated before. Maybe we should just start one thread for everybody that wants to complain about GP Status Dilution so it doesn't have to infect every other thread?

-David
Old Feb 24, 2010, 5:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
I'm not an authority, nor did I claim to be one. I gave my opinion and supported the opinion in my post.

I also said that this won't close the debate on this topic either. Both you and TH have been around long enough on FT to have seen this topic debated before. Maybe we should just start one thread for everybody that wants to complain about GP Status Dilution so it doesn't have to infect every other thread?

-David
One, IMHO I'm not so sure that support was very strong support.. as your support was pretty much saying you have never seen any evidence of dilution and the response to that was that there isn't any evidence that there isn't dilution which is pretty much a wash and two, dilution as a discussion belongs in this thread because that is exactly what the end result of this promotion is; no need for another thread
Old Feb 24, 2010, 7:52 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
It seems there are now at least 5 different ways to qualify / obtain Diamond:

>Official method, 25 stays or 50 nights
>During double stay count periods, as many qualify in January with 13 stays
>By elite competitor status match
>By some unofficial unknown extension criteria with some reporting 0 stays
>TPL09 promotion of 15 nights

One status level, but many ways to acquire. One group of benefits applicable to a wide array of qualification possibilities, from 0 stays to 25 stays.

You make the judgment, but once you have a Diamond benefit denied (whether guaranteed or not), your mind may question why....

Last edited by soonerfanatic; Feb 24, 2010 at 8:39 pm Reason: TPL09 is 15 nights not stays
Old Feb 24, 2010, 10:08 am

Programs: Hyatt, UA
15 nights to Diamond

I think the TRIALPLO9 is 15 nights in 180 days not 15 stays, glad I heard about it on here this week, unfortunatly had a lot of stays in Nov and Jan and recently last weekend, but they cant retroe it. Karen did say that the 15 nights in 180 days will qualify as Diamond till 2012, once you sign up.
Again thanks to all those giving out the info here
Old Feb 24, 2010, 1:28 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Originally Posted by soonerfanatic
My last 2 Diamond suite upgrade requests have been denied due to no availability. Loss? maybe, maybe not. Dilution? yes in my opinion. Since I already have my 15 stays / nights for this year, this makes it easy for me to redirect my business and requalify Hilton Diamond.

Bad business move Hyatt.
Same here. Had 4 upgrades when I made Diamond back in November - tried using them - no go/availability - have 4 upgrades expiring this week. Ah well. I'm with others that it does kind of stink that I really made a big effort to achieve Diamond last year and now they're giving it with a much lower threshhold without any perks to existing Diamonds. However; imo, at this point in time Hyatt really is the best program out there for chain hotels.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 2:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Alaska MVP Gold
Have any current Diamonds been able to sign up? My husband just tried, and was told that it doesn't apply to current Diamonds...
Old Feb 24, 2010, 3:38 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by ineedavacation
Have any current Diamonds been able to sign up? My husband just tried, and was told that it doesn't apply to current Diamonds...
Try again until you get an agent that helps. It would make no sense to deny current diamonds as you could easily just open a new account and then sign up for this.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 3:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt, UA
Diamond Fastrack

Trying sending a PM to Karen or an e mail, she signed me up after I had problems eith customer service , said she was going to make customer service aware of problems
Old Feb 25, 2010, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
One, IMHO I'm not so sure that support was very strong support.. as your support was pretty much saying you have never seen any evidence of dilution and the response to that was that there isn't any evidence that there isn't dilution which is pretty much a wash and two, dilution as a discussion belongs in this thread because that is exactly what the end result of this promotion is; no need for another thread
It's not possible to prove a negative. There's just no way to quantify that in a way that will satisfy you, right?

So, let's agree to disagree. I respect your right to have a different opinion than mine, and didn't mean to imply mine was the only valid opinion in my earlier post on this. I recognized that this debate would likely rage on forever without resolution in that post. Perhaps I shouldn't have worded that first post the way I did.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Feb 25, 2010 at 12:38 am
Old Feb 25, 2010, 6:10 am

I'm a Diamond and called today to the GP Service to enroll for this promotion. The agent told me that I'm now enrolled and I hope it is done. I can't not so got speaking in english (I'm a German) but I hope it will be god.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 7:39 am

Programs: hyatt Platinum, *G, hertz presidents circle
I'm Diamond thru Feb 2011 and called to sign up for this (Trial PL09) and C/S at first thought it would "bring me down a level" but on second look she saw an addition to the TC that would allow me to qualify through 2012. So far so good!
Old Feb 25, 2010, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by travelduck
I'm Diamond thru Feb 2011 and called to sign up for this (Trial PL09) and C/S at first thought it would "bring me down a level" ...
this is exactly what an agent said to me....that it would drop me to Platinum. so I was not signed up for the promo.

I have emailed Karen...hopefully I'll have better luck with her!

Last edited by bmw303; Feb 25, 2010 at 5:09 pm
Old Feb 25, 2010, 8:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP,MR PP,Hyatt Diam, SPG Plat,PC Plat, HH Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by bmw303
this is exactly what an agent said to me....that it would drop me to Platinum. so I was not signed up for the promo.
Ot- This whole thing is interesting to me. Is it possible to downgrade your Diamond status to Platinum by signing up for a certain promotion? I'm sure you could get it back. Can someone ask a csr to downgrade them a status level (not sure why someone would want to but curious) and could any csr just manipulate that in the system? Never really thought about this b/f.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 1:00 am

Programs: Quite a few...
If you are Platinum and sign up for this promo, doesn't it make you instant Diamond for the 180 day period? If so and if existing Diamonds are allowed to participate (there is nothing in the T&Cs saying that Diamonds cannot), I see no reason why there should be downgrade to Platinum for the trial period.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.