Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Wall Street New York (ex-Andaz) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2010, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

I stayed on the 25th with a ffn. First, the only hotel on Wall Street has there entrance on Water Street. The hotel does not feel @ all like a Hyatt (not a good or bad thing). It has its own feel and that is what Hyatt is after. Check in was different, cool and awkward (at times). The room was nicely done with the exception of two little things I noticed. First, no iron / ironing board and in the bathroom towels where hung on a rack in the shower, but there was no place to put them when you where showering and if you want to hang it after to dry. In the morning there where cookies and muffins (mini) on the "complimentary" table and then larger versions of the muffins for sale
Also there was free coffee and tea. All in all, considering it was a new hotel I had a good stay and will definitely check out more Andaz properties.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 8:19 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by CHEFJASON911
I stayed on the 25th with a ffn. First, the only hotel on Wall Street has there entrance on Water Street. The hotel does not feel @ all like a Hyatt (not a good or bad thing). It has its own feel and that is what Hyatt is after. Check in was different, cool and awkward (at times). The room was nicely done with the exception of two little things I noticed. First, no iron / ironing board and in the bathroom towels where hung on a rack in the shower, but there was no place to put them when you where showering and if you want to hang it after to dry. In the morning there where cookies and muffins (mini) on the "complimentary" table and then larger versions of the muffins for sale
Also there was free coffee and tea. All in all, considering it was a new hotel I had a good stay and will definitely check out more Andaz properties.
Thanks for the review... but if you could provide a little more information that would be great. Specifically, are you a Diamond HGP member? If so, was there any upgrade offered, or inquired about? Also, can you further elaborate on the breakfast... do they offer a specific Diamond level breakfast option? I'm not sure I understand the "complimentary" table you describe. Is it in the lobby? A restaurant?
Old Jan 26, 2010, 8:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
When I stayed at the Andaz in LA they had a table in the lobby with croissants, oranges, and coffee that were complementary...I'm assuming the reviewer is referring to something similar.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

I am a lowly platinum member, so I can't comment on free breakfast or diamond upgrades. I did not inquire about an upgrade, due to the fact I needed two double beds and suites with double beds are hard to come by. As far as my "free" breakfast they have a section in the lobby that had an attendant who made you coffee and tea. One table was "free" and the other was "retail". The funny thing was they had free mini muffins and then they had the exact muffins in full size form for sale.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 9:16 pm

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by gregorygrady
Wow, you're right!!! And it's even bookable with FFNs thru 3/31/10.

Surprisingly, on the single random date I checked (March 12th for one night), Andaz Wall Street was cheaper than GH NYC ($299 vs $275).

Andaz WS is a Cat 5 though vs GH NYC as a Cat 4. So definitely a good FFN redemption, at least for the Category 5 aspect of it. Although I'm not sure many tourists redeeming FFNs would really wanna be staying on Wall Street.

Seems like the other NYC Andaz (5th Ave) is also slated to open sometime in Spring 2010. That one will have a much better location tourist-wise, just 3 blocks from GH NYC (towards Times Square).
To any of you who were at the Andaz West Hollywood for the nice little party they did....the General Manager of the Andaz 5th Avenue will be Jonathan Frolich, who was one of the key Hyatt/Andaz people at that party. Seems like a good guy...good luck to him and to their NYC openings.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 11:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
I have a stay there on the NBT planned in 10 days. I'll be able to report on diamond treatment after my stay. I'm assuming that all free internet and some type of breakfast will be standard...
Old Jan 27, 2010, 6:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
I haven't seen a review but I have seen extensive pics of the rooms online. I recommend doing a Google search for "andaz wall street room pictures" and it will turn up a website which has extensive pics of the rooms.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 8:10 am

So gold passport members CAN use their FFN on this property already? I thought I read it wasn't bookable yet

Last edited by hamboarder; Jan 27, 2010 at 8:30 am
Old Jan 27, 2010, 9:00 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by christianj
I haven't seen a review but I have seen extensive pics of the rooms online. I recommend doing a Google search for "andaz wall street room pictures" and it will turn up a website which has extensive pics of the rooms.
http://newyork.wallstreet.andaz.hyat...tels/index.jsp - which is linked to in the property index sticky - has a fair number of pictures.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 9:40 am

Programs: UA, AA, Hilton, Hyatt
Originally Posted by peteropny
http://newyork.wallstreet.andaz.hyat...tels/index.jsp - which is linked to in the property index sticky - has a fair number of pictures.
Does anyone else think these look like some of the most antiseptic hotel rooms they've seen in a long time? I've always liked Hyatt's streamlined and uncluttered decor, but this is almost spartan!

Now I've read that this Andaz is going for a low-key, unpretentious feel, which could help soften things up a bit. So I'm looking forward to hearing more reports.

TBH
Old Jan 27, 2010, 10:01 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by The Bargain Hunter
Does anyone else think these look like some of the most antiseptic hotel rooms they've seen in a long time? I've always liked Hyatt's streamlined and uncluttered decor, but this is almost spartan!
Those appear to be 3-D computer generated representations of the rooms, not actual pictures, so I wouldn't judge the rooms too greatly based on them.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 10:07 am

I was there last Tuesday and this Tuesday.
Last Tuesday i got a free upgrade to a suite on the corner, with the view of Water Street and also the river.
This Tuesday (last night) i got a suite anyway because i used the suite upgrade certificate.
They offered the complementary in-room breakfast in the morning for Diamond members.
They only have apples as complementary amenity for Diamond, so i asked for 1000 points instead.
WIFI is complementary, but not sure only for Diamonds or for everybody.
I like the mini bar, you can drink/take whatever non-alcohol drinks in there. Sometimes they will also leave 2 bottles of beer (happened this week, but not last week).
I also like the convenient buttons in the room to turn on/off all lights, and open/close all curtains.
I am not sure what a standard room will be, but the suites are very nice.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 10:12 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by dontcry
They only have apples as complementary amenity for Diamond, so i asked for 1000 points instead.
Did the hotel agree to give you points? If so, that is good news. As brand standard, Andaz does not offer points as an amenity.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Did the hotel agree to give you points? If so, that is good news. As brand standard, Andaz does not offer points as an amenity.
Recently i asked amenity from Regency or Grand (1 bottle of wine + 1 other item), so i tried to ask for something similar in Andaz, but they told me they only had apples, but they said they can also offer 1000 points (1W) instead, even i did ask for miles for the room rate.
I got the 1000 points, but through the customer service, because they didn't post my stay after 1 week.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 10:25 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
If anyone wants a link to the pics you can send me a PM and I will send it to you. (at least until we get some FT pics posted) I don't want to post the direct link on FT because I had been asked by another FT member in the past to not post links to the website because he evidently had issues with them in the past using pics of his without his permission. I have respected that persons wishes not to post the direct link but the pics are indeed pretty nice.

Last edited by christianj; Jan 27, 2010 at 10:41 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.