Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Wall Street New York (ex-Andaz) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Centric Wall Street New York (ex-Andaz) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2015, 9:10 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
Just completed a 1-night stay at Andaz WS. I'm a Diamond member and reserved a P+C reservation. Here is a summary of my stay:

- Diamond amenity, I chose the mole skin planner. They forgot to bring it to the room. I reminded them and the next day (we had 4pm checkout) they brought it up to the room.
The last several Hyatt's I've stayed in, they have 'forgotten' to deliver the Amenity - I think Hyatt needs to work on this process.

e.g. I stayed in the Andaz West Hollywood this past weekend and they forgot/lost the amenity order
Old Aug 12, 2015, 12:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 4aks
The last several Hyatt's I've stayed in, they have 'forgotten' to deliver the Amenity - I think Hyatt needs to work on this process.

e.g. I stayed in the Andaz West Hollywood this past weekend and they forgot/lost the amenity order
I agree. I did just notice that I received the 1000 Diamond bonus points in my account, in addition to the amenity so perhaps that was there way of saying sorry? Somehow I doubt it but I'll take it.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 2:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
Just completed a 1-night stay at Andaz WS. I'm a Diamond member and reserved a P+C reservation. Here is a summary of my stay:

- Got upgraded to a suite on the 8th floor, nice!
- The clear glass see through door to the shower is odd
- The power shades is a cool feature, my 16 year old son loved that!
- Snacks in the room were generous : granola bars, chips, sparkling water, OJ, Diet Coke, regular Coke
- The slippers had the Andaz logo on them
- Diamond amenity, I chose the mole skin planner. They forgot to bring it to the room. I reminded them and the next day (we had 4pm checkout) they brought it up to the room.
- Breakfast buffet, included for Diamond members, was pretty average
- Location is very good for walking to the pier for water taxi, heliport for sight seeing, Brooklyn Bridge to walk/bike across, subway, Staten Island ferry, Freedom Tower and 9/11 memorial

Overall a solid choice in the Hyatt NY stable if you need/want to stay in the Financial district area.
It's also a good location for the urban architecture/planning museum. There's also some other museum down there, almost on the water.

Don't forget the NYSE, the statue of the bull, and the historical walking trail along Wall Street, including the historical museum of money in the old federal building at the far end.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 5:02 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Any recent stay reports here as a diamond?

Does diamond breakfast amenity still buffet plus an a la carte item from the menu?

Thanks in advance.

p.s. Sorry for my poor english.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
Any recent stay reports here as a diamond?

Does diamond breakfast amenity still buffet plus an a la carte item from the menu?

Thanks in advance.

The property will try to upgrade to the best available room. If suits available, there is a high chance you will get one.

Breakfast still is sub average. I always order via the menu as seldom can find anything edible in the buffet.

PS your English is perfect. This is an international community so for many members English isn't a native language
Old Sep 1, 2015, 9:04 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Breakfast still is sub average. I always order via the menu as seldom can find anything edible in the buffet.
That's overly harsh. It's not as elaborate as it was in the Wall & Water days. But everything is high quality. We had no problem making a nice breakfast.

Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
Better than many native speakers!
Old Sep 1, 2015, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
That's overly harsh. It's not as elaborate as it was in the Wall & Water days. But everything is high quality. We had no problem making a nice breakfast.
I am just expressing my past several experiences and one just several days ago. I still believe this property is a good value and continuously choose it despite the breakfast. This is NYC, so breakfast is not a problem to get once you are in the city.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 9:31 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I still believe this property is a good value and continuously choose it despite the breakfast. This is NYC, so breakfast is not a problem to get once you are in the city.
Agreed.

I certainly wouldn't pay the sticker price for the breakfast at Andaz WS.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Agreed.

I certainly wouldn't pay the sticker price for the breakfast at Andaz WS.
^
Old Sep 4, 2015, 12:02 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
I booked a 3 night stay here a few weeks ago but checked out after 1 night. As a frequent traveler to NYC the area is just too dead and the hotel is not worth the value. Additionally, I did find the breakfast disappointing, one of the worst breakfast buffets I've had at any Hyatt or Andaz I've stayed at.

I am just expressing my past several experiences and one just several days ago. I still believe this property is a good value and continuously choose it despite the breakfast. This is NYC, so breakfast is not a problem to get once you are in the city.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:08 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Gold, Avis PC, Marriott Gold
As others have stated the breakfast buffet is sub-par for NYC, but the comp upgrades for Diamonds are good including up to a entry level suite based on occupancy levels.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 6:18 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Question Prestigious Award?

http://hotelexecutive.com/newswire/5...-by-bookingcom
Old Oct 1, 2015, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Wow. How is that possible?
Old Oct 1, 2015, 7:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
How is that possible?
Things happen every day on Wall Strett.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by jayer
Things happen every day on Wall Strett.
I guess so

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.