Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Saratoga/Malta, NY REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2010, 12:50 am
Original Poster

First impression:
A new, nice and clean hotel next to the Highway.

Checkin:
Quick, diamond status recognized. Given a letter with a voucher for a complimentary drink from grab-n-go. FD agent offered to show me around the hotel.

Room:
Given a corner room facing the highway on 3rd floor in a 5 story building. Doesn't look like a typical rectangular HP room. This room is more squarish with a big empty space right next to the bed. Only shower, no bathtub.

Gym/Pool:
A small indoor heated pool with actual warm pool water. Lots and lots of kids in there. I saw some kids just got off the car and walk in with swimsuits through the backdoor. Whether they were hotel guests are anyone guess

Breakfast:
Did not eat.

Aftermath:
Stay posted but not the diamond amenity points.

Last edited by neuro0; Jan 21, 2010 at 8:12 pm Reason: add more info
Old Jan 21, 2010, 10:37 am

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
The reason you were given the corner room on the 3rd floor is that at the moment they have the 5th floor closed due to lower occupancy and 4th is used as needed. This should change soon as they expect the traffic to pick up once the global foundry construction across the highway intensifies.

All rooms have only shower stalls which is just fine for me. I really do not know many individuals who actually soak in bathtubs in hotels and if all you take is a shower than this setting is much better IMO.

Breakfast is the typical HP flare - continental breakfast with option to buy hot items. Adequate but nothing to write home about.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 5:48 am

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
I had the best Hyatt Place Diamond treatment ever, offered anything to eat and drink from the menu. I had a burger and a glass of merlot and was even offered a 2nd glass.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Bumping this 10 year old thread to show anyone that might be staying what to expect as far as a room.

macguitar likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.