Future Hyatt's in China

Old Dec 27, 2009, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport, Shangri-la Golden Circle
Future Hyatt's in China

Hi everyone,

Today, I picked up a booklet titled "Hyatt Hotels & Resorts -- Greater China" from Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Shatin. It's a very nice booklet that introduces all the Hyatt hotels in China -- including the newly opened Grand Hyatt Macau and Grand Hyatt Shenzhen.

The most interesting thing, however, was a page with a map that had all the Hyatt's currently in development in Greater China (see here).

In the booklet, it says:
Over 15 hotels are currently in development in Greater China in Chengdu, Chongqing, Dalian, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Jinan, Ningbo, Qingdao, Sanya, Shenyang, Suzhou and Wenzhou.

I heard that some of these projects were in "pending" status, but I sure hope that the recovery of the global economy will mean some of these hotels will see their light in 2010 and beyond.
Old Dec 27, 2009, 11:38 am

thats good news. They are opening a lot of hotels in India too.

Now if they could just open a few more in Europe
Old Dec 27, 2009, 11:39 am
Original Poster

By the way, I found these information NOT on the Hyatt website:

Park Hyatt Guangzhou

Old Dec 27, 2009, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Grand Hyatt Dalian

Old Dec 27, 2009, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Grand Hyatt Chengdu (might turn into a Hyatt Regency)

Old Dec 27, 2009, 12:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Russia, and especially, India and China have been picked as the main markets to grow by Hyatt International. Europe and the US are already saturated and especially in the US for most markets, the yield is downright disgusting.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 3:52 pm

WOW ! What fantastic looking buildings.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 4:36 am

Programs: UA,DL,CZ
I did read these future hotel devlopment plan on hyatt website a few years ago but they are no longer available now. Does it mean these hotels are off their roadmap?
Old Mar 14, 2010, 5:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tylorcl
I did read these future hotel devlopment plan on hyatt website a few years ago but they are no longer available now. Does it mean these hotels are off their roadmap?
I spoke to people in top management at Hyatt in Hong Kong last February. They said Hyatt will open around 40 new hotels in China in the next four years -- these are signed projects, not projects under plan.

Time will tell if this becomes true.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 5:53 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...soon-asia.html
Old Mar 14, 2010, 4:08 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by kuponuts
I spoke to people in top management at Hyatt in Hong Kong last February. They said Hyatt will open around 40 new hotels in China in the next four years -- these are signed projects, not projects under plan.

Time will tell if this becomes true.
Perhaps signed between the developer & Hyatt but that's still a long way from being "done". I always take these announcements with a "grain of salt" and wouldn't consider any future property "done" until they actually open under the Hyatt flag. Not only Hyatt but other hotel companies as well all have a tendency to announce properties pre-maturely.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I think it's about time to crack open a recent atlas to check out some of these cities most of us have likely never heard of. Of course, in a country heading towards 2 billion souls and the world's second largest economy, there will be dozens of cities cracking the size of NYC that remain complete unknowns to those of us in "the West". And by the end of this decade, most of them are supposed to be linked by ultra-high speed rail!

I do agree that deals on paper are one thing, actually being built and occupied another. Recently watched a doc about the World Financial Centre in Shanghai which of course was halted very early in its construction and sat for most of the last decade as a concrete hole in Pudong.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 8:48 pm

About 5 years ago, I took a vacation in Sanya, which is now like the Hawaii in China. I saw a construction over the Yalong beach with a sing of Hyatt Regency but there is nothing there with brand of Hyatt till now. So I guess the building was re-branded for other hotel or other purpose.

So until its official announcement, everything could change.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 4:19 am

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by tylorcl
About 5 years ago, I took a vacation in Sanya, which is now like the Hawaii in China. I saw a construction over the Yalong beach with a sing of Hyatt Regency but there is nothing there with brand of Hyatt till now. So I guess the building was re-branded for other hotel or other purpose.

So until its official announcement, everything could change.
http://www.hotelspeconline.com/proje..._Hainan_Island
Old Mar 15, 2010, 10:01 am

Not sure if it is the construction I saw 5 years ago. Besides, I do not think it took more than 5 years to complete the building.I do remember the construction is almost complete 5 yeears ago.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.