Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

2500 bonus points for Diamond if RC closed for any reason?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2500 bonus points for Diamond if RC closed for any reason?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2010, 5:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
So - curious...can anyone confirm that they received 2500 from Irvine for a weekend stay when the RC was closed? Thinking about heading over there tomorrow night
Old Jan 14, 2010, 6:20 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
If the Regency Club is temporarily closed at a hotel and the hotel gives Diamonds a voucher for an appetizer at the bar, is that voucher the alternative to getting the 2500 points?
Old Jan 14, 2010, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
If the Regency Club is temporarily closed at a hotel and the hotel gives Diamonds a voucher for an appetizer at the bar, is that voucher the alternative to getting the 2500 points?
that's not in the T&C. Seriously, if hotels want to save money by not bringing out a platter of snacks and not having an employee sit in a room, then they should grant the 2500 bonus proactively without being asked.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 10:42 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt Explorist, SPG gold
HR Mission Bay

Also received 2500 points plus breakfast for 4 at HR MB Dec 21st 2009. The front desk agent was very apologetic and mentioned all this to me without me asking. BTW, their diamond cheese platter there was better than most other Hyatts. Love Hyatt. ^^^^ I am such a fan that I plan my vacation only where there is a Hyatt....
Old Jan 15, 2010, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by lbskinny
So - curious...can anyone confirm that they received 2500 from Irvine for a weekend stay when the RC was closed? Thinking about heading over there tomorrow night
I called HR Irvine about this and they tried to argue that the Diamond amenity that was offered at check-in basically makes up for the RC closure. Anyway, it was nonsense so I called Gold Passport customer service and got my 2500 points for my stay there in December. GP customer service rep called Irvine to confirm that the RC was indeed closed.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 8:43 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
sorry for the newbie question, if we have a meal in the restaurant, do we get points? So nice to have a lounge closed, get the points, pushed to a restaurant, and get more!
Old Jan 15, 2010, 9:44 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by etsmyers
sorry for the newbie question, if we have a meal in the restaurant, do we get points? So nice to have a lounge closed, get the points, pushed to a restaurant, and get more!
You only get points if it is charged to your room - so no the breakfast when a RC is closed / non-existant which is comped won't earn you points (overages and sometimes tax / tip will however).
Old Jan 15, 2010, 10:44 pm
Suspended

FWIW, I believe the Hyatt Regency Greenwich CT closes its lounge on weekends.

Perhaps someone would like to compile a list of those properties that close their lounges on weekends?

It would identify those hotels where one could earn an extra 2,500 GP points on top of whatever "G" bonus might be applicable, to the property.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 11:26 pm

Programs: QF Platinum, NZ *G, Le Club Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold
What if the RC is closed for part of the day only?

One of the Hyatt's I frequent has recently reopened its RC having been closed for some time fir refurbishments. The property refused outright to credit bonus points at that time saying they were providing breakfast and drinks in the lobby and this was sufficient, however Customer Relations instigated the bonus for me without question.

Now however the club is ''open'' but only for evening drinks, not for breakfast which is still provided by means of a voucher.

I interpret it as the 2500 points should still be issued - agree or disagree?
Old Jan 16, 2010, 11:55 am

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Originally Posted by ssnz
What if the RC is closed for part of the day only?

One of the Hyatt's I frequent has recently reopened its RC having been closed for some time fir refurbishments. The property refused outright to credit bonus points at that time saying they were providing breakfast and drinks in the lobby and this was sufficient, however Customer Relations instigated the bonus for me without question.

Now however the club is ''open'' but only for evening drinks, not for breakfast which is still provided by means of a voucher.

I interpret it as the 2500 points should still be issued - agree or disagree?
Agree with you, a lounge is more than drinks and snacks. It is meant to be a small getaway from the confines of your room, and elite level concierge assistance if needed.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 11:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold SPG Gold National Executive Avis Preferred Hertz Gold
I'd be very pleased if Hyatt gave Diamond members points for stays at properties with no lounge. The full breakfast buffet is very nice however points for no lounge would be terrific. Also agree that points offered instead of breakfast buffet would be another terrific option. I do love Hyatt.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 10:01 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
A new wrinkle -

HR Houston just finished their remodel, and there is no regency club at this property, and no plans to open one. Asked the front desk mgr - no clue about the policy. Diamond line supervisor said since the club isn't closed, that policy doesn't apply. After re-reading 777's post #4, I agree with the decision. Am not nearly as concerned about the points as a major metro Hyatt choosing not to include a lounge.

Last edited by jumpdogjump; Jan 24, 2010 at 10:13 pm
Old Jan 24, 2010, 11:40 pm

Programs: Mlife Plat,Total Rewards Diamond, UA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz 5*, Avis Presidents C
okay a new thing I haven't seen before

...so I've been participating in this great opportunity lately by staying at HR Santa Clara. On average I get about:

500 or so pts - base
150 or so - diamond bonus
1000 - 1W
2000 - G2
2500 - DN (regency club closed on weekends)
3000 - FFN/TNBT
____
9000+ points

Then tonight I arrived at HR Sacramento about 30 minutes after the regency club closed for THE NIGHT. Without my asking, the check-in rep proactively offered me 2500 points PLUS a DOUBLE food/beverage ammenity or a single ammenity plus 1000 points (i chose the latter). The club will still be open to me at breakfast tomorrow. Now THAT is excellent proactive customer service. it is a great example of why I am loyal to Hyatt and Gold Passport!
Old Jan 25, 2010, 8:36 am

Programs: Platinum: Delta, Starwood, Priority Club. Hyatt-Diamond, TA
FYI: The RC at the HR Dearborn, MI is not scheduled to open again until the end of 2010.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 11:58 am

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by drjazz
FYI: The RC at the HR Dearborn, MI is not scheduled to open again until the end of 2010.
Just checked out of there this morning. Walked by the closed RC doors, and just smiled to myself - thanks for the 2,500 points, Hyatt!

One of the many reasons why I keep coming back to Hyatt - great policies geared towards Elites!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.