Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

2500 bonus points for Diamond if RC closed for any reason?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2500 bonus points for Diamond if RC closed for any reason?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2009, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA GM/Hyatt Diamond/SPG Gold/HI Plat/HHonor Gold/Delta GM
Hyatt Regency O'Hare RC closed until Jan

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Dear FlyerTalk Members:

In regards to questions about Regency Club/Grand Club, Diamond members will be awarded 2,500 Gold Passport points if they do not receive Club access during their stay. This includes the club being closed to all hotel guests (renovations, weekend closure,etc) or if access is not permitted due to the occupancy levels or other circumstances. Thank you for your support and I look forward to assisting you in the upcoming year.

Sincerely,
Karen Smith
I am staying at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare and was told the Regency Club will be closed until Jan. I only received 2 breakfast coupons and 1 drink and 1 appetizer coupon per night. I have 4 registered guests per room for a conference. Will I be able to request additional breakfast voucher and drink/appetizer vouchers? Will this qualify for the 2500 GP points per stay?
Old Dec 28, 2009, 3:35 pm

It seems from the post of Karen that even if you are at a hotel which has RC and it is closed for weekends and holidays--you receive 2,500 points for each stay.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 5:24 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Hyatt Gold Passport for the first time in years gets my vote for the best value program of the year :-::-::-::-::-:
Thanks to Ms. Smith for the clarification on the Regency Club closing policy
The communication says to me as a loyal GP program member we expect to bring you great value at each and every stay and if we don't when that club is closed for whatever the reason we have you covered ^

I can say that due to promotions and the improvement to Gold passport overall in the past year Hyatt Hotels will be seeing more of my business in 2010 then ever before.My congratulations to the folks in Chicago and to all those responsible.It wasn't long ago I was beating up Gold Passport in more then a few threads that the program had become stale and tired.
Member satisfaction is up IMO
And Gold Passport is back on track like never before. I hope this is what we can expect from Hyatt.It is once again a world class program

If I have any other suggestions to the folks at Gold Passport on my wish list it would be to let elite/Diamond guests opt out of breakfast for the points when they are staying in a hotel that has no Regency Club at all.Sometimes in rare select hotels the food isn't good,the service is slow and they don't open early enough to serve.This would further align the current policy with club closure and offer guests maximum flexibilty and satisfaction whenever satiyng at a Hyatt hotel.In my own situation it would lead me to drop another hotel program fully in favor of Gold Passport
I expect a great year with Hyatt in 2010 fingers crossed.
Cheers Happy Holidays All
Old Dec 28, 2009, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Dear FlyerTalk Members:

In regards to questions about Regency Club/Grand Club, Diamond members will be awarded 2,500 Gold Passport points if they do not receive Club access during their stay. This includes the club being closed to all hotel guests (renovations, weekend closure,etc) or if access is not permitted due to the occupancy levels or other circumstances. Thank you for your support and I look forward to assisting you in the upcoming year.

Sincerely,
Karen Smith
Unfortunately the properties themselves do not proactively add the additional points to our accounts, assuming we do not know of the reg and thus they will not have to compensate us for this. I stayed at the ORD Hyatt back in November and the lounge was closed. I did receive the breakfast voucher and drink/appetizer one, but never had the 2500 points post to my account, nor was it mentioned to me at check-in...just that the lounge was closed.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 10:41 pm

Programs: HH Dia, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Unfortunately the properties themselves do not proactively add the additional points to our accounts, assuming we do not know of the reg and thus they will not have to compensate us for this. I stayed at the ORD Hyatt back in November and the lounge was closed. I did receive the breakfast voucher and drink/appetizer one, but never had the 2500 points post to my account, nor was it mentioned to me at check-in...just that the lounge was closed.
Agreed. I stayed at Hyatt Sacramento recently and the FD made no mention of RC being closed. I proactively inquired if the RC was open and was told it was closed for a couple of weeks. I also asked about the 2500 pts and was given them without issue per the policy, however, had I not asked they would not have been given.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 2:23 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by Shareholder

Correct, however not really important to me as I mail GPP customer service about once a month to add all the missing points ( G, RC closure, etc. ) anyway. To a certain extent unnerving, but I got used to it.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by FD1971
Correct, however not really important to me as I mail GPP customer service about once a month to add all the missing points ( G, RC closure, etc. ) anyway. To a certain extent unnerving, but I got used to it.
When I checked with GP customer service this afternoon about my ORD stay, was told I would have to contact the hotel directly to have the points posted. Faxed hotel my stay details and shall await their response.

UPDATE: Within hours received email from ORD Hyatt advising points would be posted to my account.

Last edited by Shareholder; Dec 29, 2009 at 8:29 pm
Old Dec 29, 2009, 2:32 pm
Suspended

Only exception to this rule is the GH NYC where the points need not be given.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13075669-post4.html
Old Dec 29, 2009, 5:32 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Any advise about what code to use (in the required "offer code" box) in the online past stay credit request form to claim the 2,500 points for a closed RC?
Old Dec 29, 2009, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jbalmuth
Any advise about what code to use (in the required "offer code" box) in the online past stay credit request form to claim the 2,500 points for a closed RC?
Don't believe there is a code for this. Must be handled through hotel or CS, not as online request.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 11:49 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Explicitly denied at the HR SFO.

EDIT:
I've commented (raved) here about the HR SFO's providing vouchers for breakfast, and for an appetizer and a beer/wine in Knuckles for years if the lounge was closed. I've stayed there during Christmas seasons since I can remember, and the lounge has usually been closed either Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, or for the week around Christmas. This year it was closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, including that evening. Ironically it was for a religious group that filled the hotel. I found out that it was reserved for them only when I saw them using it. All I'd been told at check-in was that the lounge was closed. I'd figured it was same ol' same ol'.

Anyway, I was told that the hotel had ended this form of compensation in favor of a voucher for a continental breakfast only, "when the new system-wide Gold Passport program began a few months ago". I know that whatever the voucher says, it virtually always translates to full buffet breakfast, so that part would be fine, and is de facto in line with the new regime. However, I was told that there would be a Christmas Brunch Buffet for which this didn't qualify - not even as a price reduction - and I would have to be out of the dining area before 9:30am. OK. (I understand, but felt like a roach.) So, citing the new regime, I asked about the points. "Points? Nooooo...." I was told all of this by the Front Desk Manager, who called to follow up the clerk who had checked me in -- she knew why the lounge was closed, though I didn't, at that point.

I'd had quite pleasant experiences staying there several times over the prior couple of weeks (they even seem to have a field on their screen noting that I prefer an inside room). But this was no fun, especially on Christmas Eve and Christmas. I just said I'd take it up with Gold Passport (not very nicely -- though I had been, up to that point). But there was no relenting.

Ever have times when all your travel luck goes south in a handbasket at once?

Last edited by Firewind; Jan 4, 2010 at 8:56 pm
Old Dec 30, 2009, 1:14 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Early on Gold Passport agents were wishy washy on posting closed club points
My last two calls were vastly improved with the agents understanding the policy and no hassle getting the points posted without having to make repeated follow-ups to the Gold Passport folks.When the property doesn't want to bring the policy up I don't. I just wait till after the stay and call Gold Passport.My last Hyatt stay was only the second ever where the hotel pro actively issued the points at check in with the closed club
For the first time ever this same property issued me full breakfast coupon instead of continental which they had repeatedly done in the past
Old Dec 30, 2009, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Am hoping the poor CSR's arent besieged with retroactive requests.

Thanks for a nice New Years' present, Karen!

Peter, should we re-title this thread something like "2500 bonus points for closed lounge for any reason?"
Old Jan 4, 2010, 11:31 am

Programs: HH Dia, Hyatt Plat
Stayed at HR Santa Clara last night and RC was closed. 2 things to note:

1.) FD told me RC was closed and told me about breakfast in the restaurant, no mention of points. I asked him to add the 2500 pts and he added them and commented "seasoned veteran, you know all the tricks". So the points are available but it seems, as others have mentioned, that you may need to ask for them.

2.) Both HR Santa Clara and HR Sacramento used a code of DN on my bill for the 2500 pts. I assuming that this is a corporate code and may be useful for getting the points added.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 1:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Seeing how I will be getting a few stays at the GH NYC; I understand no points but would I still get full b/f?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.