Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport Tyvola Road REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2009, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum

Standard HP with above average, friendly staff.

Often has excellent Park n Fly rate. Shuttle to/from airport. Very quiet area - a couple carry out restaurants w/in walking distance, as is a FedEx Office.

For anything more than a one night stay, one would want a car!
Old Apr 16, 2010, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA1MM, QF/NZ/VA/UA/DL, etc...
I stayed here on an overnight thanks due to a misconnect on US.

The property has a free shuttle - you can call them and they'll tell you where to wait - should be Zone D on the outer island outside of baggage claim. The drive is only about 10 min.

Staff were very friendly and accommodating, and the property was clean and well-maintained. These are the standard HP rooms, comfortable with a HUGE tv, large sectional sofa, small desk and wetbar with coffeemaker.

Bed was quite comfy and the sheets and towels were all clean.

Great place to stay for a quick overnight, and I would agree with the previous poster that a car would be wise for longer stays - there are a few (like 3 or 4) restaurants across the parking lot, and that's pretty much all I saw in the immediate area! The area seemed to be safe as well.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 11:50 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
There is also a prison behind the hotel
Old Sep 9, 2010, 7:56 am

Programs: UA, US, AA, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold, & PC
^
|
seriously a prison? I am thinking of staying here or the CityPark location for work next week.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler,Hyatt-Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson, National-Exec.
Better choice

Summerfield Suites (also a Hyatt property) is not too far and is a better property then HP - Tyvola.

I have stayed at both and am speaking from personal experience.

Thanks
Old May 29, 2011, 8:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Some Things I'm Glad I Didn't Know Till Later

Originally Posted by bulldoggolfer05
There is also a prison behind the hotel
I did a reroute after the aircraft storm damage in DFW last week complicated my life. Positive overnight here just to get on and get a better fare into New York. The walkable dining was closed by the time we arrived, but this is maybe my third Hyatt Place ever where the hosts actually had a bit of a lobby scene working, and the food was good. Quiet, clean, good directions how to find the shuttle, and no breakout sirens or lockdowns.
Old May 29, 2011, 10:37 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Can you comment about restaurants around the hotel? There's some decent SMF-CLT fares right now that have me considering an overnight weekend stay there on a mileage run or two. Summerfield is out as they have very limited shuttle service on weekends.
Old May 30, 2011, 5:10 am

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Originally Posted by tom911
Can you comment about restaurants around the hotel? There's some decent SMF-CLT fares right now that have me considering an overnight weekend stay there on a mileage run or two. Summerfield is out as they have very limited shuttle service on weekends.
There is a Salsarita (mexican restaurant) (think a step above Taco Bell but not exactly "full service") around there and a little shopping type area which has a little few things. Note, there is a another Hyatt Place right down the road and has a Sports Bar and Grill right by it called Jock's and Jills which is pretty good. PM me if you have any more questions.

Safe Travels
Old May 30, 2011, 9:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Originally Posted by tom911
Also a place just labeled "Soul Food", a Jersey Mike's, and another thing or two. The Soul Food place was just closing at 9, but I can't tell you if the others were open evenings or just for lunch. All small storefront locations and nothing that was at all fine dining. If you timed it right I suppose you could hit both HP's in one pass.
Old May 30, 2011, 10:58 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Thanks for the updates.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 4:24 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Hyatt Place Charlotte NC (Airport) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Check-in - very nice. Greeted by a lovely young woman who was telling me about her recent trip to South Africa and the wines. I really like when check-in personnel are personable and she was! Was helped to my room by a very nice gentleman. Shuttle service is available but you have to call (I didn't know this and took a cab from the airport to get here - $14).

Received early check-in (10:30 AM). Room is nice - couch/sitting area, desk, LARGE flat screen TV, king-sized bed.

Can walk across the street to 5 different restaurants and a FedEx/Office.

Business center for printing available in the hotel. Free wi-fi in the room.

There is definite noise from the airport (planes landing/taking off)

There is a breakfast offered until 10 AM.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, DL Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt DMD
Originally Posted by ldsant
Check-in - very nice. Greeted by a lovely young woman who was telling me about her recent trip to South Africa and the wines. I really like when check-in personnel are personable and she was! Was helped to my room by a very nice gentleman. Shuttle service is available but you have to call (I didn't know this and took a cab from the airport to get here - $14).

Received early check-in (10:30 AM). Room is nice - couch/sitting area, desk, LARGE flat screen TV, king-sized bed.

Can walk across the street to 5 different restaurants and a FedEx/Office.

Business center for printing available in the hotel. Free wi-fi in the room.

There is definite noise from the airport (planes landing/taking off)

There is a breakfast offered until 10 AM.

I frequent this hotel quite a bit and I would say the $14 cab is not a bad option. Their shuttle is not always reliable, and I have waited quite a while for it in the past.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 2:37 pm
In memoriam

Update

UPDATE:

Went to take a shower only to notice that there is a LOT of mold all around the soapdish holder. It was gross. I took pictures.

I went downstairs to let them know. GM (Christina) came up to the room with me to look at it. She was very nice about it - offered to move me but I am already very settled in the room so I declined, offered a gift bag of an apple and banana and bottle of water (I declined), she also offered points (again, declines) and I could tell she felt bad about there being mold in the shower. She told me they have to recaulk the shower and engineering will have to do it. She also told me that they always check rooms ahead of time that they have assigned to Diamond members. I thought that was an interesting piece of information.
Old May 13, 2012, 9:41 am

Programs: US Gold; National Executive Elite; Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by edrags
I frequent this hotel quite a bit and I would say the $14 cab is not a bad option. Their shuttle is not always reliable, and I have waited quite a while for it in the past.
Anyone use this airport shuttle lately? Was it ontime?

We are staying there Monday night, with the park and fly rate, and have a 755am international flight Tuesday morning. So our luggage needs to be checked by 655am. I called the hyatt who said they run the shuttle on the half hour. We'd like to take the 630 shuttle, but i fear if it runs late, we may miss our window to check luggage. We are flying F so shorter line for checkin.

Should we just get a cab for 630? Will hotel arrnge this for us?

Thanks for your help...
Old May 13, 2012, 4:14 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by rachlm927
Anyone use this airport shuttle lately? Was it ontime?

We are staying there Monday night, with the park and fly rate, and have a 755am international flight Tuesday morning. So our luggage needs to be checked by 655am. I called the hyatt who said they run the shuttle on the half hour. We'd like to take the 630 shuttle, but i fear if it runs late, we may miss our window to check luggage. We are flying F so shorter line for checkin.

Should we just get a cab for 630? Will hotel arrnge this for us?

Thanks for your help...
Would definitely take the cab. I think it's $14. I just wouldn't take the risk; especially if it's an international flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.