Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Convert booking using GP to free nights certs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2014, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA,UA/CO, SPG50, Hilton Gold

I have a booking using points but would like to convert this to a free nights award using the certificates/credits I earned from the Chase credit card. Is this possible?
Old Jan 28, 2014, 4:08 am

I think this is possible. Contact Hyatt reservation and they can amend the booking for you.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 8:08 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by SixthSense
I think this is possible. Contact Hyatt reservation and they can amend the booking for you.
Definitely possible if award rooms are currently available (just cancel the old reservation and rebook). Not sure whether can be done if award rooms no longer available.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA,UA/CO, SPG50, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by peteropny
Definitely possible if award rooms are currently available (just cancel the old reservation and rebook). Not sure whether can be done if award rooms no longer available.

This is precisely why I asked. If award rooms were available, I can simply cancel my booking since it is still within the cancellation period. Thanks for the response everyone. I'll give them a call and report back.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 4:41 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Bacopa
This is precisely why I asked. If award rooms were available, I can simply cancel my booking since it is still within the cancellation period. Thanks for the response everyone. I'll give them a call and report back.
If not successful, PM our Gold Passport Concierge staff here on Flyertalk - if it can be done, they would be able to do it.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 5:28 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Has anyone been able to change an award reservation using points to use the free nights from the current Endless Possibilities promotion ? Similar to the OP's situation, the hotel is now sold out so I can't book a new reservation and cancel the old. I'd prefer not to bother the GP Concierge staff if this can't be done ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.