Portico White Ginger Products

Old Sep 12, 2013, 3:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
To some travelers the quality of the amenities is a selling point, most likely not for Hyatt Loyalist. The change from Portico was nice but I'm finding the Kenet MD brand not all that much better... I don't think the shampoo and the conditioner does the job, the quality seems mediocre.

The Hyatt bath amenities are nothing to get excited about, they are weak.

Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
You choose a hotel program based on the quality of their free soap?
Old Sep 12, 2013, 5:19 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, Hilton, AS, AA, JL, HA
I could see leaving a hotel program based on the quality of their free soap...
Old Sep 12, 2013, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Wait, what? I'm actually pretty shocked that anyone is defending this stuff. It's just gross. The Kenet stuff is nothing great, but at least it's usable!
Old Sep 13, 2013, 10:36 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
The change from Portico was nice but I'm finding the Kenet MD brand not all that much better... I don't think the shampoo and the conditioner does the job, the quality seems mediocre.
I agree. At least the KenetMD products don't have the repulsive smell of White Ginger, but they do seem to be of low quality, and have very few naturally derived ingredients. (Which seems totally against what Hyatt is going for in their on-property restaurants with an emphasis on sustainability/locally sourced ingredients.) I really do feel this is a case where Hyatt could have used their new toiletries as a point of differentiation, and KenetMD is a big failure in my opinion.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 1:50 am

Some people around here name themselves after the hotel's amenity brands.

Don't let anything around here surprise you. FTers are a diverse bunch.

-David
Old Sep 14, 2013, 11:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
I don't know if any of you have noticed... but the KenetMD bar of soap gets all mushy... I think it was intended for just for a one time use... Additionally I'm not happy with the Shampoo or conditioner, you don't get that fresh clean feeling after using them.

Most of my Hyatt Stays are at Andaz's I'm happy with the bath amenities there, but the KenetMD is just as bad as Portico minus the smell.

Originally Posted by dw
I agree. At least the KenetMD products don't have the repulsive smell of White Ginger, but they do seem to be of low quality, and have very few naturally derived ingredients. (Which seems totally against what Hyatt is going for in their on-property restaurants with an emphasis on sustainability/locally sourced ingredients.) I really do feel this is a case where Hyatt could have used their new toiletries as a point of differentiation, and KenetMD is a big failure in my opinion.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 5:49 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
I don't know if any of you have noticed... but the KenetMD bar of soap gets all mushy... I think it was intended for just for a one time use... Additionally I'm not happy with the Shampoo or conditioner, you don't get that fresh clean feeling after using them.

Most of my Hyatt Stays are at Andaz's I'm happy with the bath amenities there, but the KenetMD is just as bad as Portico minus the smell.
I agree 100%!!!

Errr, got my Platinum card today - after so many years of being a Diamond, Portico Spa and KenetMD ended my Diamond streak.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.