Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Fort Worth Historic Stockyards REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2009, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

We just enjoyed a one night stay at this property. It is a franchise-owned property, so it is not as cookie-cutter as a company-owned Hyatt Place. The lobby is decorated in a western theme, which was very appropriate for its location in the historic stockyards area. The guestrooms have the same layout and decor as the other HPs. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The only negative experience during out stay is something that is a common problem at many Fort Worth hotels--trains! At about 6 am, I was awakened by a series of passing trains blowing their whistles. At least I did not hear them all night long, like I have at other hotels in the city.

When we checked in, we found the staff to be very friendly and accommodating, offering us a complimentary beer or glass of wine. We found the lobby a nice place to relax and enjoy some appetizers and a drink. When we inquired about the rodeo across the street, the manager produced a couple of free tickets for us, which was totally unexpected. This was the third HP I've stayed at and is my favorite!
Old Nov 2, 2010, 10:07 am

The location is great for fun, the hotel is very nice
Old Nov 10, 2010, 6:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, National Exec Elite
I spent a couple nights last week (third time there) and as usual had a great stay. Interesting note, we were talking to the GM and she said they are one of only two HP properties that have permission to deviate from the cookie cutter appearance of HP's. Obviously it is heavily themed in TX and western motif. Wish I had asked which other property was different...
Old Nov 11, 2010, 9:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BBFD
I spent a couple nights last week (third time there) and as usual had a great stay. Interesting note, we were talking to the GM and she said they are one of only two HP properties that have permission to deviate from the cookie cutter appearance of HP's. Obviously it is heavily themed in TX and western motif. Wish I had asked which other property was different...
I've been told the other distinctive HP property is in College Station.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 11:01 pm

why I always could not find the award availability for this hotel?
Does anyone have any award stay at this HP?
Old Jan 3, 2011, 11:26 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Stayed here for four nights and really enjoyed it. Great property and staff. Good location with a number of restaurants in walking distance.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Originally Posted by DealDetective
If it's different, I haven't noticed on my stays there. I'll look more closely next time.

Other side bar... there are several great restaurants within walking distance of this property but a favorite of mine (that I used to drive up to the Stockyards for) is Love Shack. Fantastic burgers and usually live music out on the patio.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 9:48 am

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
There is nothing distinctive at the College Station property other than the fact that the lobby looks different than most other HPs but that's about it.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by todorovic
There is nothing distinctive at the College Station property other than the fact that the lobby looks different than most other HPs but that's about it.
I think that's as much of a deviation as you'll see in a HP. Upstairs, the rooms are all the same, but when you come down for breakfast you'll be more likely to remember what city you're in!
Old Jan 5, 2011, 5:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
DD is correct at least in the past tense. Used to be different style and color furniture and wall colors. The website pictures now show the standard-issue L-units, but maybe brighter color on the walls.

They opened as Amerisuites just, and very just, before rebranding. If not the very last two Amerisuites built they had to be close.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 11:04 am

completed an award Saturday night stay.
While checking in, I was offered the free tickets for the championship Rodeo
A lot of cowboys, cowgirls and Mexicians stay at the hotel. Burritos are provided at breakfast

Though I prefer to stay the nearby Country Inn and Suites, this HP has the better location for stockyard visit
Old Mar 13, 2013, 1:17 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Can anyone comment on how convenient this property is to downtown Ft Worth? I'm considering it for an upcoming stay, but would need to be right downtown at normal commute times. Worth it for the savings and Hyatt credits, or should I stay somewhere more conveniently located?
Old Mar 13, 2013, 7:38 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by dtremit
Can anyone comment on how convenient this property is to downtown Ft Worth? I'm considering it for an upcoming stay, but would need to be right downtown at normal commute times. Worth it for the savings and Hyatt credits, or should I stay somewhere more conveniently located?
its like 5-7 miles to downtown, which isnt a huge commute for a small city like ft worth. Its different being around the ft worth stockyards - lots of stuff to see.

You're probably looking at a 15 min commute to DT... depending on if you took main or the highway. None of these routes have massive traffic on them at any point in the day.

If it were me - Id probably try out the stockyards location if you hadnt been there before. I generally like downtown ft worth as well, because of the small city feel of it, but its nothing unique in the grand scheme of things like the stockyards.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 10:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Stayed over after a Christmas party nearby. Not as different from the standard HP as I hear it used to be, but more than enough to reflect the history of the area and be different in a positive way. (Exterior appearance, wall treatments and trim, some different and better furniture, larger bath and maybe a larger room itself, small but upgraded lobby with more beverage selection, a window heater that was actually quiet). Call it a 2.8*

The area is historic in nature and you might find it different and interesting if you have realistic expectations. There is dining diversity, some quite authentic, upscale western shopping if that appeals to you, a few museum attractions if you don't expect too much, and lots of tourist trap gift shops with a western theme.

There is some train noise and at least used to be a tourist train stop very next door, but the former was just far enough away it didn't bother me, but just reminded me of my grandparent's house in little town Kansas. (The latter didn't seem to be operating that day, and it's not like it runs at night if it still runs). Your opinion and train tolerance may vary. (For instance, Mrs. Jayer is a far lighter sleeper and thought the trains honked way louder than some happy childhood Kansas memory, but she can hear loud crickets two miles away).

Not where you go for a week vacation and you could do it all in a day, but not so far off or hard to get to you could use it as a more interesting alternative if driving through to somewhere else. Tends to stay booked and cost more than most HP's but I think you get something for the money if you are in the right mood. It would be helpful if that was also on a weekend when things were all open.

Last edited by jayer; Dec 14, 2013 at 10:20 am
Old Sep 6, 2020, 7:17 am

Had a one night staycation here last night. Thoroughly disappointed that there was zero enforcement of the mask mandate and the "four people in an elevator" rule. People all over the place without their masks, even a maid and a manager. Do not recommend this hotel and am disappointed in Hyatt for this one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.