Room

{{ oRightNav.heading }}

Save

Liked:
Food
Amenities
Room

Stats

Returned to the Westin yesterday for a night stay. On this occasion there was no Meet & Assist at HKT (despite requesting it several times) and the hotel no longer appears to have it's own branded limousine, rather we were picked up by Hello Phuket. Walking out of the arrivals hall it was very difficult locating the Westin representative amongst the crowd.

Check in was swift although the agent didn't recognise me as a Platinum and I had to ask for the benefits (just to ensure they were the same). He gave me a code for the internet which was redundant as I just logged in as usual.

Despite booking the One Bedroom Sala Pool Villa on this occasion, as well as our last stay, the rooms were vastly different. The check in agent made no mention of an upgrade, but on this stay we located on the Prego side of the resort. I have tried to find the room type on the website, and the closest category is the Renewal Villa, except it's is only on bedroom. It has all of the other amenities, and a huge rooftop courtyard which we discovered about 30 mins after we checked in. I may have squealed in excitement

Our first stay was shortly after the property opened, and the build quality of that villa was poor. This villa, however, is quite impeccable. The only slight issue is that the foliage blocks the view from the villa room and pool, but it also provides privacy.

Breakfast is decent, wifi slightly slow, and cocktail hour an absolute pleasure with the live band.

On this stay we intend not to leave the resort, and this villa has absolutely made the stay. Our next stop is the Park Hyatt Maldives and this may well beat that experience.

321 Comments

321 comments and Y review

Hotels you may also be interested in