Room

{{ oRightNav.heading }}

Save

Liked:
Food
Amenities
Room

Stats

I stayed at the property 3 years ago. Was SPG Gold at the time but booked a suite. The suites are 3 times the size of a standard room, on the corners of the property and have 3 separate balconies which have amazing views. The balconies are the same size as the room and extremely private! The decor is not ultra modern, but it was certainly superior to the other Egypt SPG properties. I'm aching for the St Regis to open in 2014.

The major positive of this property is its location. There is a jetty from the beach, and snorkelling off this jetty along the beach will give you fare superior views of underwater life than any of the expensive boat trips to Ras Mohamed.

The majority of people staying at the hotel are from the UK on package deals, but they are pretty well behaved compared to other package tourists. We now stay at the Ritz Carlton because it is a far superior property, however the Ritz is actually overrun with Russian package tourists who are often exceedingly drunk.

In short, the Sheraton Sharm is a great property. The breakfast has a huge selection. I was able to organise trips to St Katherine's Monastry, quad biking in the desert easily, and they have a regular shuttle into Sharm which boats a BuddhaBar and Pasha Nightclub where you could easily be in any club in NYC or London. If you choose to just laze on the beach it's great too, and the staff on the beach are extremely cheerful and attentive.

43 Comments

This review lives in the Sheraton Sharm Hotel, Egypt [Master Thread] thread.
43 comments and Y review

Hotels you may also be interested in