{{ oRightNav.heading }}

Save

Liked:
Food
Amenities
Room

Stats

Check In

Having previously stayed at the Ritz Carlton I had very low expectations of the Hyatt Sharm el Sheikh, but was pleasantly surprised.

The hotel E-Class was awaiting us at the airport and promptly whisked us to the hotel, worth the $30US to avoid the waiting touts and cab drivers. Check in was prompted and it appeared we had been pre-checked in as our keys were already waiting.

We booked one room with cash, used a Diamond suite upgrade, and another base room on GP points. As the family member I was staying with is a return guest with 12+ stays at the property, they also upgraded the room to a suite. Huge plus!

Room

The family member in the past was given a Regency Suite King, and a Regency Executive King, but informed me that the Club Deluxe were, in fact, superior. While I haven't seen the other two room types, the Club Deluxe has 3 balconies, is on the 2nd level of the villas so has a better sea view, and is larger than some of the other suites according to the website. Although it is basically a junior suite, it has a great sense of space with its open plan. Also, the Club Deluxe appears much more modern than the other rooms.

Also, the hotel's inventory varies from the website, the Club Deluxe on the website to them is a suite. The higher suite is a Parlour suite. This may assist when requesting specific room types.

Diamonds get free internet, but note it is wired via ethernet, and quite an inconvenience. The hotel has 6 routers that will provide wireless, but they have all been in use since I checked in. Next time, I shall bring my airport express. I hadn't noticed the exact T/C's of Diamond, as I am also elite with SPG, however internet access is free only in the room, and it is at the discretion of the hotel as to whether they provide wired or wireless.

The Regency Club offers a private pool, and there is also a private beach for club guests. They serve continental breakfast, and canap and cocktails of an evening including hard liquor which you self pour. The evening selections are good, although you can and should have breakfast in the main restaurant. The club has the distinction of being the only one I have visited in the world that does not offer free internet.

Overall the photos on the website are a very poor representation of the property. The hotel is quite beautiful, and despite the Ritz Carlton having a stunning lobby, the Hyatt's Club junior suites, and club lounge are vastly superior.

As with the Sheraton, the coral reef off the hotel's jetty is much better than any boat trip you will take to Ras Mohamed National Park. In fact, as you sit on the beach you will see that dive groups station their boats just off the hotel, indicating the flourishing underwater life.

Dining

Beneath the main lobby there is a food court where they have belly dancers, offer Sheesha, and you can buy any of the cuisine you want and enjoy the view of the Red Sea. It's quite an experience.

Service

The gym, separate leisure facilities for men and women offer a steam room, jacuzzi, and sauna with a TV which I found bizarre!

Overall

We actually decided to skip Alexandria and stay here a few extra days.

You should be prepared for typical Egyptian service, and some things may need to be re-requested, but if you enter with the right frame of mind, you will have a great stay.

111 Comments

111 comments and Y review

Hotels you may also be interested in